5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
Published on 25 April 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Just silly...
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 April 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
Purely and simply, a delight. Resist the urge to assume Koomson is justanother chick-lit author - Chocolate Run, like Cupid before, has so muchmore to offer than all those other pink-bound lipstick sagas. Warm, funnyand effortlessly intelligent, The Chocolate Run is a must have for any fanof laugh-out-loud tell-yer-friends literature. Surely destined for bigthinks, read up on your Koomson so you can say you were there at thebeginning!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and Fun, 4 Feb 2008
Mrs. S. Payne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
This is the fourth book that I have read by this author and I enjoyed it more than Marshmallows for Breakfast and The Cupid Effect but my favourite is still My Best Friends Girl. This story follows Amber Salpone as she battles with her love life, friends and family. Should she take the ultimate gamble and start dating a friend? The story continuously refers back to chocolate and I will certainly never look at people or chocolate in the same way again. Her office workers provide further amusement to the story and the characters are very believable. I found the book very enjoyable, it actually made me laugh out loud in places. I'd recommend this book as a light hearted and enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The hilarious new novel from the author of The Cupid Effect, 4 Dec 2003
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
Anyone who enjoyed Dorothy Koomson's first novel, 2003's The Cupid Effect, will love her latest book. Set in the familiar Cupid setting of Leeds, the story follows protoganist, narrator and chocolate-obsessive Amber as she embarks on a proper relationship with womaniser Greg. The pair have been friends for ages and Amber knows all about Greg's chequered past, but she's thrown off balance when he announces she's his one true love. Should she risk their friendship? And does any man compare to her favourite chocolate bar? This is a more mature work than Cupid, delving deeper into romantic and friendship issues that we've all faced at one time or another, and Koomson's quick wit and insight into insecurities and incidental details of life make this a novel you can relate to, laugh at and cry with. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful !!!, 19 July 2007
Philda (LONDON ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I loved this book from the first page.It was so funny and somehow realistic for those of us who don't face life head on but need a nudge to engage.The book will keep you interested until the last page and then you will re-read it and it will still be as wonderful as the first time.The book is about relationship deal breakers and how life sometimes makes us compromise on these.Go ahead and buy the book and you'll never regret it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just silly..., 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I bought this book purely because I loved the Ice Cream Girls (also by Dorothy Koomson) but I was so disappointed. As a chick-lit book it's OK, but it is no where near as good as the Ice Cream Girls. I found the main character Amber very annoying and childish and could not get my head around why her and Greg felt the need to hide their relationship from Matt and Jen for as long as they did, and as for the chocolate sniffing - well that was just silly. Don't buy this. Buy the Ice Cream Girls instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I'm a huge fan of Koomson's books, and this has to be one of my favourite. In most of her books Koomson deals with the deeper, darker issues - rape, physical or mental abuse, abandonment issues - and does so very capably, with an honesty and sensitivity that truly make you feel for her characters. The Chocolate Run, however, is much lighter, and I have to say possibly my favourite for exactly that reason.
The relationship between Amber and Greg is both entertaining and realistic, the characters likeable and easy to relate to. The plot moves at a comfortable pace, and the ending is satisfying without pandering to the Happily Ever After one comes to expect from "chicklit".
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable read that will leave you wanting more. Luckily, Koomson has plenty other books to sink your teeth into - all of which are equally engaging!

5.0 out of 5 stars my chicken soup book, 5 Feb 2010
Sophie (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I love this book pure and simple. Its my chicken soup book, it lives next to my bed so i always have it when im sad, tired, ill or whatever. It's genuinely hilarious, fun, sweet and the characters feel real. Amber's world is quirky and occasionally strange but you can't help being drawn in and i love the footnotes! Basically it's a a sweet romantic comedy with some drama and gritty reality. I've only read one other Dorothy Koomson, Marshmallows for Breakfast, which i thought was good but very angsty. I would recommend her but more i would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chocolate Run, 19 July 2009
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
Don't read this if you're on a chocolate free diet!!! Dorothy uses her excellent psychologial knowledge to comapre people/incidents to varities of chocolate.

4.0 out of 5 stars breath taking!!! luved it xx, 9 July 2008
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
slow to start off with but half way through i found my self gripped and could not put this book down! i found my self falling in love with the main characters(especially greg lol), i also found my self relating to the situations in the book.. overall i found the book fanastic and breath taking! cant wait to read more of her books. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Every girls chocolate dream, 29 April 2008
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I think Dorothy Koomson has excelled herself with this book. I could barely put it down. From the relationship problems to the fantastic analogy of chocolate and human characteristics, it was fabulous!
It's by no means difficult to read, so take this on holiday or read it at lunchtime - it's escapism in the most chocolatey of ways!

ARRAY(0xac20e6cc)

The Chocolate Run
The Chocolate Run by Dorothy Koomson (Paperback - 7 Feb 2008)
6.29