5.0 out of 5 stars A love story for all romantics...
Actually, forget my title- this story isn't merely suitable for romantics alone- its for everyone. I cannot stress enough how utterly heart-wrenching this book is. Nicholas Sparks cunningly lures you into a deep and intense love, shared by two adorable characters whom are bought to life so well!
The Notebook is a fantastic love story- compelling and irrisistable. The...
Published on 25 Aug. 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars really!?!
There are very few movies that I think are better then the book, but here the movie is so much better. The book is like 50pages long and pretty disappointing. Its more s short story. Watching the movie took longer
Published 23 months ago by Bryony

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 434 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not great, 1 May 2010
A. Murray - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I read this after reading dear john and really enjoying it. while dear john focuses on love, this book seemed more to focus around the fact that the main characters were good looking-there were a lot of descriptions of Noahs muscles. I found this quite irritating at times, and the woman, Allie, was not a particularly nice character. I found it very hard to sympathise, or feel happy for her. There are many good reviews for this book, so it might be something you fall in love with, but my advice is to read dear john, I found it much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Read., 17 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I purchased this book after I had watched the movie which, brought me to tears! At the end of the movie I was really sobbing and so had to watch it again and it had the same effect. :)

So I got this book and started it straight away. I was pretty hooked from page one and it is pretty easy to read, as it flows nicely and is a gentle read. I noticed the differences from movie to book or book to movie should I say, which didn't bother me at all, as I love the movie.

I don't really want to go into the story as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it or seen the movie. But if you love to read romance love stories and sentimental slushy stuff, where you want an afternoon to just relax and chill out with a romantic book, then this is for you.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and shall be reading more by Nicholas Sparks. I'm now a fan! But for some reason I prefer the movie. For me it's because the movie brought the characters alive more and I loved watching them fall in love in the movie.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 May 2010
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I found this very formulaic and quite unsatisfying overall. I really didn't buy into the characters of the younger Noah and Allie, and thought Noah was far too perfect to root for him. I thought that I would be moved by the later stages but I just felt I hadn't grasped the essence of Allie when she was younger to feel for her or Noah. It is a very short read, and I didn't feel I gained very much from the characters or their experience at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Notebook, an outstanding emotional love story, 23 Aug. 2004
Ms. A. L. Robinson "Adele" (Liverpool, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I started the first chapter of this book and was instantly hooked, I had to keep on reading, I read it within a few hours. Nicholas Sparks is such a talented writer, I didn't know a man could write such a heartwarming, emotional novel, it brought tears to my eyes. I would definitely recommend this, but be prepared to have a tissue at bay, it makes you appreciate what you have got and how easily it can be taken away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 13 Aug. 2004
This review is from: The Notebook (Hardcover)
This is a totally moving book. Written perfectly, it dictates the wonderful journey taken by Allie and Noah through love. Their wonderous tale shows that love really can conquor all, and that no matter the obstacle, true love will always prevail.
This is deffinatly a must book for any true romantic at heart. It will deffinatly spure you on to read the rest of the wonderous novels written by Nicholas Sparks.

3.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story poignantly told, 27 Jan. 2010
Mrs. S. Biddulph (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
This is a beautiful and poignantly written love story which grows before your eyes, from the first flush of teenage love to a true and faithful marriage that's weathered the storms and stood fast. I completely connected with Allie and Noah. The way Sparks writes love, passion and emotion really struck a chord with me, it is how I feel. The closing chapter had me in tears, so moved by the will to continue loving someone and making them the centre of your world despite Alzheimers slowly stealing them from you. Seeing the past alive in the present, how one old man can look at an old woman and see the bride he fell in love with. I have two criticisms-it took me a while to get into the book and I don't know why, as once in, I couldn't let it go. The other is the cover - there is no way the picture can be of Allie, her clothes and hair are modern day, I think it was a major oversight in a book that is so meticulous with the detail of memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Oct. 2003
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
This book absolutly changed my life... im from Spain, and i love to read... i remember i bought this book in a German Airport a cold day of winter... and once i started taking part of the notebook's story, i couldnt stop.
Is one of the 2 books that made me cry after reading it... i absolutly recomend it and wish everybody to njoy it like i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever In Love, 26 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
The Notebook tells you the meaning of true love. I read this book after i've finished Message In A Bottle, and I found that they are the best novels i've ever read. Once you begin the first chapter you will be attached to the story, you can never put it down. There is an endless love between Allie and Noah, and we are told that true love always stays. Might sound strange but I couldn't help staring at the book when I finished the last page, recalling every beautiful word Sparks has given to the brilliant story.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most romantic book Ive ever read!, 19 Jan. 2005
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I saw the film at the cinema and weeped my heart out, so was worried the book wouldn't live up to my expectations. I wasn't dissappointed. Never have I found a book that truely touched me and the best thing is, even my cynical friends loved it too! A must for all the romantics out there and even the cynics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sentimental drivel., 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Notebook (Kindle Edition)
Read this after hearing how good the film was thinking that (as is usually the case) the book would be even better. Very disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 434 | Next ›

The Notebook
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 4 May 2006)