5.0 out of 5 stars A Moving Book - Makes you think!
Published on 30 Oct. 2009 by Strudel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, moving at times
These are true stories about three people; Reb, a retired and seriously ill rabbi; Henry, a pastor in a decaying church and ultimately the book is about the author.

Albom is a lapsed Jew, he followed the faith as a child, and then went off the rails a little bit, married outside the faith and rarely set foot in a synagogue again. Out of the blue, his rabbi from...
Published 10 months ago by Half Man, Half Book

5.0 out of 5 stars A Moving Book - Makes you think!, 30 Oct. 2009
I was on my way to board a plane and my eye caught this new Mitch Albom book - I had to buy it and I am SO glad I did. This book has a way of somehow grabbing your soul, it makes you question your own thoughts, feelings, judgements and how much compassion we all "think" we have. The ageing Rabbi "Reb" truly does have compassion...oodles of it...we could all learn alot from this wise man. As for Henry, the Detroit "Reb" - well I guess, put in the same position as Mitch, knowing Henrys background, we too would judge him....BUT when he pours his heart out to Mitch about how NOTHING that he does or continues to do will be enough to make up for what he has done wrong in his past...truly humbled me. It made me cry, it made my friend cry too. The part where Mitch tells of seeing Henry in the rundown church darkness, sitting silently, watching over the down-and-out folk sleeping on the floor...made me feel a lump in my throat and I understood that mans need to make ammends. An awesome writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best non-fiction I've read for a long time, 8 Oct. 2009
Mel in Reading (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you're worried that the author of the book is trying to convert you into a religion of some sort, rest easy!! Albom really isn't trying to convert anyone into anything. What this book does, so wonderfully and powerfully, is to guide the faith-less readers back to finding the precious gift of faith and encourage the faithfulls to stregthen theirs. Reading Albom's journey is very humbling and awakening at the same time. I'm glad that he's been used by the higher authority to bless others through his many talents. This, no doubt, is a book to treasure and keep on your bookshelf. A book to be read and re-read. I thought about the many people I want to gift this book to before I even finish the last page. Thanks for sharing your journey with us Mitch!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written gem - this is essential reading!, 19 Oct. 2009
R. Sampson (London) - See all my reviews
I've never written a review before but felt compelled to having just finished this wonderful book. Whether you see yourself as a person of faith or not, read this book! You will be challenged, moved, inspired and left reflecting on your own faith journey (which is surely a good thing). Albom writes in such a beautiful way, I often felt like I was actually there, walking with him as he gets to know his rabbi and meets an inspirational pastor in inner-city Detroit (Henry). The challenge - to write the euology for his aging rabbi (Reb) - provokes questioning about his apathetic approach to his own faith, causing Albom to spend several years with these two men as they live out their lives in markedly different contexts. The beauty of this book is its accessibility - buy it as soon as you can!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Sept. 2010
L. Kavanagh "LK" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Read it in one day. Couldn't put it down. Such a genuinely nice book and a true story which makes it all the better. Not necessarily for very religious people but anyone who is looking for faith even in ourselves and eachother.
Makes you think this book is onto something..when you feel like you have everything but you're still missing something maybe its faith in something more that we're missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Divine Spark Inside Us All., 19 Nov. 2009
Susan Donlon - See all my reviews
A book to lead you towards believing in something bigger than yourself - where spreading faith and hope and making a difference in the lives of others is what it's all about. This is a warm-hearted, inspiring book where the talented author Mitch Albom examines how faith shines differently in people's expressions. Mitch writes about the spiritual journey of two holy men, one a rabbi close to death and the other an inner-city pastor. Each of these holy men express their faith in different ways but, none the less, their faith supports and sustains many of their congregation through trying and difficult times. And of the author's own journey, well that evolves into one of grace, compassion and meaning in his own life.

While reading Mr. Albom's work I was reminded of Ariel and Shya Kane's book "Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment". The Kanes' book is also rich in real life stories filled with compassion, inspiration and sharing of life's magical moments. Both of these wonderful books hold a place of honor on my bookshelf. I know they would be a gift to anyone who reads them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book of lovely reminders, 3 July 2010
A book about two different men both heading for heaven,by different paths, not about being a member of a church , but goodness of spirit . Hope I have'nt made this book sound boring because it is not , some great phrases in there
" packing for heaven " and " in love with hope " A good gift idea for a troubled freind.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE A LITTLE FAITH, 20 Jun. 2011
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Have A Little Faith (Paperback)
An inspiring book which tells the journey that author Mitch Albom takes when finding himself involved in the lives of two ministers, a rabbi and a pastor, both of whom have heartwarming tales to recount. It is told honestly and is not only extremely moving but humbling too. The sort of novel that you would like everyone you know to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book that certainly made me think, 31 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Have A Little Faith (Paperback)
I picked this book up by chance and bought it on impulse - and I'm so pleased that I did.

The subject of faith is by definition a difficult one to treat in a book without it seeming like you are either belittling others or trying to convert them. Mitch Albom manages to avoid both whilst weaving a wonderful web of words that make you realise that sometimes faith is easier than it seems.

After his childhood rabbi asks him to write his eulogy, Albom takes the time to learn about his past and in time comes to know the man behind the robes. At the same time, we follow the story of Henry, a drug dealer turned priest whose generosity knows no bounds, despite the fact that he preaches from a falling down church with a hole in the roof. As Albom follows the stories of the two men, he ponders on faith - the benefits, the difficulties and most of all, the hope that stems from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 May 2013
Gemz (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Little Faith (Paperback)
This was recommended to me two years ago, and I have now read it at least three times, and everyone I have loaned it to inbetween reads has loved it too.

It seems a relatively strange true story of a young man being asked to give the euology of his childhood rabbi, yet Mitch Albom draws you in with beautiful prose and chapters intersected with sermons or fables that make the book feel more like a novel, and you have to remind yourself it is not fiction. The storyline is intersected with Mitch's meetings with a pastor too, and you see that both the faiths written about hold such important and different functions to different people.

I really can't recommend this book enough, whether you subscribe to a faith or not, you cannot fail to be uplifted by this touching story that I will continue to read again and again. It is a great pick-me-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true story brought to life., 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Have A Little Faith (Paperback)
This was one of those, 'could just not put it down' books. Mitch writes so well that he draws you into the story so that you are living it with the characters he is writing about. Writing in the same style as his other book, "Tuesday with Morrie."

Have A Little Faith
Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom (Paperback - 2 Sept. 2010)