5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read
I picked this book up and could not put it down, it makes you cry and laugh all at the same time, and shows you that you can forgive, even the worst in life, I have not enjoyed a book as much uin ages.
Published on 7 Sep 2006 by Tanya Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start but disappointing conclusion.
I was gripped from the opening chapter of this novel and was literally sobbing through the first few chapters. The author did an excellent job of getting inside the characters minds and exploring complex issues around grief and forgiveness.

Published on 4 Jun 2007 by Book Worm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 7 Sep 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Rollercoster of emotion, 15 Nov 2006
A. Tallis (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
Brilliant read, definitely will be passing this book on to all my friends. I borrowed it initially from my sister, she warned me its terribly sad in places and not really a "sun holiday" read. Thankfully I didn't take it on holidays as you need a place to cry without shame and bucket loads of tissues. There's love, betrayal, grief, acceptance, fun and trepidation in this book right to the end. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Sep 2006
K. L. Parker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
i haven't yet finnished the book but i am loving every minutue of reading it i like how its made me think if i was in kamryn's situation a great read for anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!!!, 3 Sep 2006
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
I splashed out and paid full price for this, it has been worth every penny and more! The story line hits home and has reminded me to make the most of our time and friends.

It is a corker of a read and i recommend it but make sure you have no pressing chores to do as you wont be able to put it down once you pick it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 16 Aug 2006
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book. I really enjoyed it and it made me cry which for me is the sign of a good book.
The story is more original than most "chick-lit". I thought the ending was just right... I thought the relationships of Kamryn with Luke and Nate were well written and not sentimentalised, and ultimately worked out in a way that is true to life.
However I would agree with some reviewers that Tegan, the little girl, whilst a delightful character does not talk like real five year old. Also I felt some parts of the plot were just brushed over, such as Tegan's relationship with Adele's father and stepmother.
Bottom line - I really enjoyed this book and read it within a week (quick for me), it made me laugh and cry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start but disappointing conclusion., 4 Jun 2007
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)

Unfortunately, it seemed to take quite a dramatic turnaround as soon as a 'romantic interest' was introduced. The book swiftly changed from a really touching and gripping read into a typical 'chick lit' novel. Boy meets girl, both hate each other, end up falling in love.

The book showed such initial promise, I was so disappointed with how it deteriorated - almost as though the author just wanted to finish it without any regard to the potential of the book to be something out of the ordinary chick lit genre. What a pity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 13 May 2006
Kate Clifton "Kate" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
This book is BEAUTIFUL! I was hooked from the first page and dispte a 2 year old child and a job managed to read it in less than 48 hours - I couldn't put it down. It made me cry and laugh - sometimes both at the same time! You fall in love with the characters and go on a rollercoaster ride with them.

This is the only Dorothy Koomson book I have read but it won't be the last!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read, 26 July 2007
J. L. Cody "Bookworm" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
This is such a fantastic book! There were times when I cried and others when I laughed out loud. It is one of those books which you will not want to put down and one which you will recommend to all your friends. It is a story of frienship and love and the vulnerability of a child and how a child will adapt to her situation, eventually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 July 2007
F. Griggs "frankie-xo" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
Loved this book. Could not put it down and read very quickly. Easy book to read. Would definitely recommend Dorothy Koomson as an author. Read Marshmallows for Breakfast. This is also an excellent book.

Both Books you MUST read.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 13 April 2007
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
I bought this book after a quick read of the first page - after that I didn't put it down! I was laughing, crying and feeling with every page!! I enjoyed it that much I am on the hunt for more of Dorothy's books.

If you like heart-felt stories then this is definately for you - once you pick it up, I swear you will not put it down until you find out what happens!!

My Best Friend's Girl
My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson (Paperback - 4 May 2006)
6.29