Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 February 2015
Very good
on 6 June 2005
This I feel is an honest view of Dawn Annandale life and the reasons why she did what she did. It could not have been easy making the choices she did and my heart goes out to her. I would do the same if I were in her shoes. And I would love to chat to her sometime.
on 20 February 2007
Dawn Annandale comes across as a tough uncompromising woman. Her experiences are not so much salacious as 'school of life'. Here is the reality, not just of a prostitute but of a woman doing what she has to do to give her six children the things they need. It is an interesting character study - she makes her decisions and sticks by them, riding very close to the wind. I couldn't put it down.
on 21 October 2006
Totally eye opening book! I think she had guts to follow her heart and provide the future she wanted for her children most of us aren't nearly so brave.

I didn't agree with all the choices she made, but still at the end of the book I admired her as a mother. The men in her life had never been good so the disrespect she showed I feel was only natural.

As others who have reviewed this book two sitting was all it took and it is now circulating around the office everyone has been gripped.
on 29 December 2007
I read this book while on holiday and couldn't put it down - found it really interesting and an honest story! Will be keeping an eye on this author for more work. 10/10
on 17 February 2006
I've just finished this book (in 2 sittings). I'm the first to admit that I do view life through black and white eyes but this book really made me think and has left me with nothing but respect for Dawn Annandale. OK, there were moments where I thought "now come on, your children would be equally as happy in the local comprehensive, which would cost you nothing" but, Dawn's childhood made her the determined woman she was and it was this determination that made Dawn decide to be THE greatest mother - and in my opinion, she IS. I plan to do everything possible for my children (when I have some!) and I am sure there is nothing I wouldn't do to ensure they have a perfect life. Dawn is an inspiration.
on 12 September 2006
I sat down to read this book fully prepared to feel sorry for "Elizabeth" and was shocked that by about halfway through I didn't feel sorry for her at all, but angry that she wasn't prepared to give up her big house and her children's private education and make the necessary adjustments in order to ease her financial burdens. However by the end of the story I felt that I had understood where she was coming from and why she did what she did. This book is well worth reading and I guarantee that you will find it hard to put down.
on 2 October 2015
As expected - fast and quality.
on 13 April 2005
What a dilemma this poor woman faced, I hope I would have her strength and courage. What a woman !! An amazing story.
on 5 August 2005
I really sympathised with the author and the situation she was in, she obviously felt she had to do what she had to do.
I read the book in two sittings, though it would have been one, if I hadn't started the book late at night.