5.0 out of 5 stars High Society Is A Great Read!!, 10 Mar 2005
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
I loved this book and could not put it down. Clemmie's character was so well written, you could identify with her through every stage of this journey. Her sister Holly, a journalist, gets Clemmie involved in a story when one of her collegues go missing. They are chased by a phsycopath and the sisters soon start to wish they'd never started investigating this story in the first place.
This book makes you laugh out loud, cry and above all makes you keep turning the pages, I was disappointed to come to the end of this book. Having never read one of this authors books before I will be eagerly awaiting her next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Enjoyable, 28 Jun 2006
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
A very well deserved 5 stars! My first Sarah Mason novel, bought after reading the great reviews on here. A lot of books claim they will make you laugh out loud, but fail to deliver, with High Society I often found myself giggling away. A very enjoyable read, the characters were really warm, its the best book I have read in a while, I was only sorry to finish it, but I'm looking forward to reading her other novels soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars How great was this book?, 23 Jan 2005
Rachy (Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
This book was great! I'd never read any of Masons books before but this was so good that i just had to read her others(which were also brill!). The main characters where well written and you really felt for them.The fact that clemmie and her family were being chased by a physcopath was so funny. This book made me laugh cry and really relate to the fictional characters, I just couldn't put it down until i'd finished it.If you haven't read it then you really should!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, fresh, fast-paced! (And welcome back, James!), 5 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
Charming! Right along the lines of "Playing James" for those of you who might have been disappointed by Mason's sophomore effort, "The Party Season" (I really wasn't). Mason takes us back to the Colshannon family, this time with Holly's older (but less grown-up) sister, Clemmie. Holly plays a big role here, because when she gets poor Clemmie involved in one of her stories, it's one disaster after another. Next thing you know, there's a sea gull in the family kitchen, a psychopath (or is that a psychologist - Ma Colshannon can never get that straight!) chasing them, a nasty woman on the run from said psycho, assorted Colshannon family members, James being James, and oh yes, long-time family friend Sam (who Clemmie suddenly realizes is quite attractive...) It's not a totally predictable romp (some things surprised me) and the humor is right on. It's funny and fresh and worth a read. Well done Sarah!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, fast and fabulous!, 11 April 2005
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
An excellent read! Having enjoyed Sarah Mason's first 2 books, I was not disappointed by this one, though I have to admit that Party Season is still my favourite.
The book is full of funny anecdotes, ridiculous situations, very likeable and believable characters and a good love story. I liked the way it links up with Sarah Mason's first book, Playing James, and re-introduces old characters - but you don't have to have read the first one to enjoy this one to the full.
The pace is fast and exciting, the action takes place across 2 continents with a variety of different scenery which adds to the interest, and several different story lines are subtly interwoven. The reader is given enough information to retain their attention, but not so much as to give away the ending. Clemmie, the protagonist, is flawed enough to be instantly likeable, in fact it is difficult not to warm to all of the characters as they are drawn with so much realism.
I would thoroughly recommend this book. It is one of those books that you keep reading 'just one more chapter' until suddenly you realise you've finished it and it's 3:00 in the morning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read for the busy person, 4 April 2005
Hannah Rowe (Liskeard, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
I love all of Sarah Mason's books and High Society did not disappoint. Her style of writing and characters are all good fun and as with her other books I was unable to put this one down. As a busy Mother I do not get to read as much as I used to so it is always a pleasure to find a book which absorbs me and takes my mind of nappies! I am looking forward to her next book and have even started to read her last ones again. I cannot recommend High Society enough. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: High Society (Kindle Edition)
One of my favourite books, it's flipping hilarious and I've read it about a billion times! Recommend reading 'playing james' first as it gives some background but I hadn't for the first few times I read it and still loved it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: High Society (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book every summer since it came out and it is still my favourite! It still makes my sides hurt from laughing at all of the mishaps. I have read all of Sarah's books and she is still my favourite author. Hurry up and write some more please?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Entertaining, 5 April 2012
This review is from: High Society (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book - had a good plot and was also very well written. Like her other books that I've read, this one had me laughing throughout, and had funny and likeable characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Mason is brilliant!, 18 May 2007
This review is from: High Society (Paperback)
Not only did she manage to draw me in to this wonderful romantic novel she made me laugh along the way too. If you like an easy read then you'll love all of Sarah Mason's books but beware, you won't want to put them down!

High Society
High Society by Sarah Mason (Paperback - 9 Dec 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01