Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 December 2003
This is a spectacular novel racing from the Battle of Waterloo to a sleeping beauty of a Cornish parish. I can't help but think that Porthluney is St Michael Caerhays in Cornwall and the manor is Caerhays castle under the ownership of former Lord of the Manor Bettesworth-Trevanion.
Moontide describes the ecumenical prejudices in Cornwall in the 1800s and yet takes us on a journey of reconcilliation through the Channel Islands to France.
After injustices and mistaken identity, good triumphs over evil despite all. Our young naval chaplain then vicar Toby with his rescued dog and obstreperous donkey have run ins with the Revenue Men, witness the savagery of wrecking and pack off people to the New World.
This whole story is compelling and un-put-downable. Anyone who is interested in Cornwall, social history, naval history or just a very good tale should not miss this novel with its superbly vivid scene and character settings. One of EVT's best.
on 20 January 2010
Moontide was the very first book I have read by E V Thompson. Right from the start I knew that it was a good choice. It gives much information about Cornwall and takes a surprising turn ... I won't spoil it for readers! However since then I have been a real fan of this author and read several of his books. The historical background is accurate, the characters come alive and all in all its a brilliant read. I can thoroughly recommend.
on 28 September 2012
As always E.V. Thompson's books are well worth reading. Moontide is no exception I have read every single one of his books and cant get enough!! Looking forward to the next novel. It takes you away to a different world.
on 13 May 2013
When I first started reading this and got about one-fifth of the way through, I suddenly decided that it was getting boring and would be following the same pattern. How wrong I was! It was very interesting and fast-moving A thoroughly enjoyable book.
on 10 October 2013
Having now read Every book that E.V. Thompson has written I was amazed exactly How Much he could tell tales of West Country folk, and still keep it is interesting and fresh as the first.
on 4 January 2014
I have read E V Thompson for over 30 years and have enjoyed the vast majority of his books, read and enjoy.
on 25 April 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable read. A delightful combination of exciting adventure and romance. A historical novel to hold the reader throughout.
on 12 September 2014
I bought this book as I have read a lot of this authors books and I enjoy them very much.
on 29 April 2015
I thought the books are great also all the other products I have had.
on 20 October 2014
Anotherexcellent read, I recommend it t