5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best
Published on 17 May 2008 by Mr. D. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Quiz book for the super family?
At the risk of sounding like a complete dullard, I would have to question the appropriateness of this book's title, as a large proportion of the questions contained therein are much too difficult for me and my family to answer.

Published on 20 April 2009 by J. Goddin

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 17 May 2008
Mr. D. Clark "londinius" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
I'm always on the look out for new sources of questions. When I came upon this one my hopes weren't high, but I should have guessed that the late great Magnus would never have put his name to anything which is substandard. There's plenty of questions in the book, 2,000 by my reckoning, which is pretty good value. Half of the rounds are general knowledge, and the other half are themed. More than that, though, each round is carefully put together so that the questions increase in difficulty, and the last few questions in many of the rounds are absolute stinkers.You'll find a lot of original questions here. I do think this is a book for the regular quizzer rather than families, though. Nothing wrong with that , either.I don't read quiz books for pleasure, but once I started working my way through this one I couldn't put it down until I had tried every quiz over a couple of days. That says a lot. In my humble opinion, one of the best 'straight' quiz books I've bought for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jun 2007
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
Both this and 'Magnus Magnusson's Quiz Book' (ISBN 0751530654) are among the best quiz books around for serious quizzers. Many original, challenging and entertaining questions and very few of the boring, generic questions you find in most quiz books. Well worth buying if you're serious about quizzing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quiz book for the super family?, 20 April 2009
J. Goddin "jim38229" (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)

Whilst I like a challenge, and consider myself to have a fairly broad spread of knowledge, this book has proved to be less entertaining and more demoralizing than I had hoped.

I think it is probably one for those with super intellects or hard-core quizzers rather than mere mortals such as me and my family.

2.0 out of 5 stars A family quiz book?, 5 Jan 2010
Ian Shine (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
After much consideration I bought this quiz book as I thought it would offer a good balance between answerable questions and challenging ones. In fact, it's full of ridiculously obscure ones. I'd say I'm someone of at least average intelligence, with decent general knowlegde, yet this book is just packed full of obscure questions, mostly historical, rather than current.

If you want a broader range or more answerable, but not easy, questions, I'd recommend Quiz Master by Nick Holt instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Family Quiz, 17 April 2009
Mrs Mac (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
I purchased this book to assist in compiling a fun family quiz thinking it would be ideal being a 'family quiz book'. I have to say that although it's a really good book and covers lots I couldn't find enough easy questions for the younger family members so had to source those elsewhere. Very imfomrative otherwise and I'd definatley recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant birthday prank, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
We bought this book to enable us to 'mastermind' my husband on his birthday. He loves a quiz. We devised some 'specialist' questions and used a random quiz page for the general knowledge part. Good fun. We then invited others to beat his score on the general knowledge section. Pretty testing questions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sheer volume of questions should entertain, 30 Dec 2010
R. B. Duenas Leon "Warrior Queen" (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book (Paperback)
Bought for an acquaintance, I think she and her family will enjoy using this on those dark, long, cold nights of winter. I almost ordered another for myself but we still have half a dozen similar to get through.

I would say it's for the reasonably educated; nothing like, 'How many weeks in a year' or what's the main ingredient in risotto'? Yes, I'd recommend it.

Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book
Magnus Magnusson's Family Quiz Book by Magnus Magnusson (Paperback - 7 Nov 2002)
8.09