5.0 out of 5 stars Light, fluffy and fun, what more could a girl want?, 4 Mar 2004
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read by Sarah Mason and I have to admit that the only reason I picked it out was because it was cheap. Thank God I did! Its a really good book with a great central character. The plot is funny and not as predictable as you might think, and the characters are well developed; you empathize with each and every one of them (except the evil ones of course!) and laugh out loud at the zaniness of some! Its a lot of fun all the way through and there are moments when you're going to need the tissues..... for wiping those tears of laughter!
A great book that cheered me up and got me out of my doldrums. Hopefully it'll do the same for you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing read!, 24 Feb 2006
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
I can't remember how I came across 'The Party Season' but I am glad that I did. It is a lovely book and takes a lighthearted view at life, which from my point of view, isn't done enough nowadays.
The best thing about Mason's books is the brilliant characters that compliment the main character wonderfully. They are what give the book some fun and interest. In 'The Party Season', it is the wonderful Monkwell family that are present, along with the fantastic Aunt Winnie.
All of Mason's books (apart from the latest which I am yet to read) seem to be similar but you know what, if it works then you should go with it. In my opinion, this book is the best but all are great.
If you want an amusing read that you will find difficult to put down then this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for chasing away the winter blues!, 2 Feb 2004
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
Fun and frothy, but not insipid. If you read - and liked - Playing James, you'll definitely want to pick The Party Season up. The basic plot revolves around Izzy, an event coordinator (but one with brains and a head for numbers) who somehow gets sucked into planning a large event at the family estate of the childhood friend who turned on her and hurt her dreadfully. Sounds melodramatic, but isn't - some angst, but just enough to build that nice romantic tension. There's dogs, spiders, evil ex-boyfriends, gay friends, possibly gay friends, mad aunts and assorted family members, what have you. Not much depth, but still lots of fun and I've enjoyed reading it - and plan to continue picking up new releases from Mason.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Party Season - Great book !!, 28 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
I loved this book from the moment I picked it up. It's a great story with a bonus it makes you laugh. The characters are really scatty and funny. I loved this book so much that I had to find out if Sarah Mason wrote any more she did Playing James. Another great read. Can't wait for her next book !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Laugh Out Loud Read!, 27 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
Havent read anything by this author before, in fact was given this book as a pressie, and wow!!! Really good fun all the way through! Laughed out loud so many times at the witty one liners that the man next to me at the bus stop thought I was mad!
Definitely recommend this one... Love Jill Mansell, but this, it has to be said, is far funnier. Was so sad to finish the book and wasnt as predictable as some can be! Just off to buy Playing James, the authors first book now!
Well done Sarah Mason!!! Get writing girl! We want more of the same!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 24 Jan 2005
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
I bought this book in an airport for the plane journey and I loved it - it's a lovely escapist read - definately passed the hours on the plane painlessly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book, 15 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
Having laughed loudly when I read "Playing James," I could not wait to get my hands on Ms. Mason's second novel. I had high expectations and fortunately I was not disppointed. Although this novel may not be as funny, it is still hugely entertaining. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Party Season (Kindle Edition)
I bought the paperback version of this when it first came out and i loved it that much i bought the kindle version. The characters kept me entertain with Winnie and Izzy's actions. the things Dom came out with made me laugh out loud with strangers throwing me strange look on the train! The story was easy to believe and i couldn't put the book down. the story is faced paced and i loved reading this on my holdays sat out on the balcony. fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Party Season (Paperback)
I love this book. I have read it several times now, and I never tire of the storyline. The characters are interesting, the story is at times hilarious, and had me laughing out loud. Throughly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Party Season (Kindle Edition)
This book was laugh out loud funny... I adored it !!!
I can not recommend it enough !!!!
Well worth investing .... I will undoubtedly revisit this madcap family again and again !

The Party Season
The Party Season by Sarah Mason (Paperback - 4 Dec 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01