5.0 out of 5 stars what this book has to offer you is a gift for life
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY BOOK REPORT FOR SCHOOL (15 years old from Israel)
I may not read much, still, every book I have Read is simply not as good as "Tuesdays with Morrie". Its words explain the Authors feelings in such way you'd think you are the one who wrote this book, you are the one this whole book is about, and this is a description of your own...
Published on 18 May 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lessons, but great ones?
Does this short novella live up to the hype it generated? Well, yes and no. The lessons were good, but not always great. As with any general philosophy, it hits and misses depending on your individual circumstance. The pursuit of a money in a career does not gain you fulfillment? Sure, I'll buy into that one, but for the millions of workless people around the world it's a...
Published on 25 May 2010 by Daniel Park

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Nup, 2 July 2013
Sorry I didn't enjoy or appreciate this book as it was recommended by several people and I suggested it for my book club.
It wasn't original and gave no insights. It was indulgent and boring. Thank goodness it was short.
I've obviously nursed too many Morries every day of the week who were embarrassed that they needed everything done for them but had no option. They went out angry,sad,lonely,frightened and in pain.
I am stopping myself from being cynical but I was very disappointed in thus book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small in size, but not in content, 6 Jun 2005
Atheana (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson (Paperback)
I went through a whole host of reactions when reading this book. I actually had it for several months before I could bring myself to read it, for fear of how utterly depressing it would be. WELL...yes it was depressing, but in a good way (is that possible?) I balled like a baby, not only because it was depressing and sad but because of its impact in that it was devastating and powerful and enlightening and humbling and heart-warming and philosophical and and and....
In a way Tuesdays with Morrie turns human dignity - or what we think of as human dignity - on its head. The INdignities, pathos, overwhelming difficulties and loss which Morrie and Albom meet head on and DEAL with is humbling. Puts things into perspective if you see what I mean. When you're no longer able to wipe your own bum, and can LAUGH about it, well there's a lesson in itself. NObody should have to go through what Morrie went through and it makes you wonder if gd forbid the same thing happened to you, would you be able to handle it with such grace and fortitude. I don't think I would.
So, the next time someone cuts you up in traffic, shoves their newspaper into your 'space' on the train, makes you late for a meeting or any other such nonsense, think about it...is it REALLY worth getting worked up over? I think the most valuable lesson to be gained from reading Morrie's story is humility, values and priorities. Before it's too late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should learn something from reading this book, 8 Aug 2001
It will only take you a couple of days to read, but the lessons to be learned should stay with you forever. Each chapter looks at an aspect of life - death, growing old, love from Morrie's point of view. A true story, a remarkable man. It should make you laugh, and definitely cry. I've already bought 3 copies to give to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful And Heartfelt Read., 22 Feb 2008
I wanted to read this book after reading both 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven', and 'For One More Day' by the same author. Both books I loved, and so I was hoping I would enjoy this one too.

I don't really read Biographies, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Any how, as I was reading this book I had to keep reminding myself that this is a 'true' story, and that it wasn't based on fiction.
The reason for this; I found Morrie to be so lovable. Even now, I find it hard to believe it's true.
I really enjoyed every page of this book and found myself drawn to it. It made me think about certain things going on in my life, and all this comes from a man who near the end of his life, wanted to share his wisdom and love with the world. I easily found myself drawn into this book, and could picture and visualize places and scenery, and the people with how they had been described and written. I can also tell you, I cried and cried at the end of this book, it was so very sad. You're gonna need your tissues!

This a true story of how a Mitch Albom lost contact with his uni professor, his most favourite teacher. Who he had promised to stay in touch with, after he graduated. Life moved on and the years passed, until one day Mitch heard Morrie's name announced on TV. He then gets in contact with his dying teacher and their lessons with each other begin again, until the end.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. It's such an easy book to read, and I know there's a few people who'll finish it in a day. I'm so pleased I read it, and I will certainly be looking out for more books by Mitch Albom.

5.0 out of 5 stars tuesdays with morrie, 8 Mar 2004
This book is phenomenal, it makes you laugh and cry. Morrie is a man we all would like to be, he sees life as a gift, lives every day to the fullest, yet is dying and has the compassion and the selflessness to spend his last days helping others with the power of his words.
For anyone who has ever loved someone and lost them, I highly recommend you read this book. But make sure you have a box of tissues handy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can a book change your life?, 5 Oct 2004
If you were to stop and think about the way your life has lead you thus far, would you be happy? Could you say that you have done all you can to make your life as purposeful, rewarding and most important of all as enjoyable as possible?
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, will make you smile, bring on a tear and definitly get you thinking about whether your life is what it should be. Novels which have an impact on your life do not come along very often, but Morrie and Mitch will have you assessing the reason you get up in the morning.
A must read for all...

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 6 Sep 2006
This review is from: Tuesdays with Morrie (Hardcover)
This book is a master piece , so simple yet so profound. Touched me deeply and made me THINK. Before I started the book I expected the lessons to imply something new, actually I was a bit disappointed in this respect, coz nothing new was said about life , love or death etc.... but the way the whole story is made up.. morrie being dying and watching himself perishing yet still has this great spirit and this great wisdom and still has something to give to others .. he made me stop and think and re-evaluate my whole life, he inspired me and made me wanna be like him, a person with importance,, a person who's life has a meaning and never stops giving..

There was a quote in the story that really toughed me (a teacher affects eternity, he can never tell where his influence stops) it really made me love being a teacher .(as I am a new teacher and working to be a professor).

And also the idea of his student writing this book about him and immortalize him through the book touched me deeply. thinking me in this distant part of the world knowing and reading about Morrie's story in the other part of the world while he might have thought he was just any one who lived and died with only his family and friends to remember him ..the idea is inspirational and made me wish I've had a chance to meet him and learn from him.. and wish if I can talk to him now and tell him that people this far after these years know about you and are inspired by you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, inspirational!, 21 Aug 2003
When I read the reviews for this book I was so amazed that I had to read it for myself. 5 stars for this isn't enough. There is no honour high enough for this book, for this person. With it being a true story, it is so moving, and you will cry and laugh. You will read it over and over again in your life time, and each time when you finish it, you will feel almost at peace! :) Just one more thing, buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Morrie - what a wonderful character!, 13 Dec 2006
DubaiReader "MaryAnne" (Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
What a wonderful character, to be so positive in the face of such adversity.

It all comes down to an attitude of mind, if he hadn't been such a generous person during his life, giving of himself and drawing people to him, then he wouldn't have had the support he enjoyed in his final days. This is what my daughter ferers to as Karma.

But this brings up the other side of the coin - the average person does not exude this amazing empathy and therefore death becomes a far more lonely prospect. I fear this book would be a distressing read for anyone near the end of their days with no constant stream of visitors and loved ones.

Those of us with time on our hands could well learn by example - but then I wonder - is anyone really that perfect?

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuesdays With Morrie...What an astounding read!!, 12 Sep 2004
My dad bought the book for my mum. I read the book ofcourse whilst I was on holiday in New York visiting family. I spent hours on the beach everyday reading it, it was such an amazing book. I mean I felt like it was all I needed to be happy. Morrie gives you a complete new outlook on life. I changed my views about what makes you happy. I found that as long as I aspire to be the best I can without needing money or settling for second best. Morrie made me see that you only live once and you should live to the best of your ability.

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›