5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!
Published on 24 Sep 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Overated Thriller Falters
After an unclear prologue the story seemed to get going to a compulsive hungry action thriller, however halfway through the book the powerful events and pace collapsed as the charecters became thin and the dialogue poor. Russell Andrews prooves he has a sound knowledge of U.S Politics and a good business head , however as a novelist in this book, to me he lacked an...
Published on 6 Dec 2001 by R.O. P

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 24 Sep 2001
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
As with one of your other reviewers it was the cover that first caught my eye. The story itself did more than reinforce my decision to impulse buy. From start to finish I was hooked. You can feel the tension and anxiety and feel you are right there tagging along on the journey. I had a series of very late nights and early mornings with this as I simply couldn't put it down. The twists and turns are fantastic and it can't be long before someone thinks of turning it into a film. It's so good I have read it three times, something I have done with no other book. Look out for his second book, "Icarus". Not as good as this one but still well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have ever read!, 27 Aug 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I buy books to read on the train on the way to work. Occasionally I will find a book that makes the journey enjoyable but with this book I couldn't wait to get on the train! It is well paced, exciting and keeps you guessing right to the surprising end. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, couldnt put it down, 5 May 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I have never read a book by russell andrews before but i will certainly be looking out for another book by him. The suspense was amazing and i found it very hard to put down. I was hooked instantly and i love books that do that. I would like to recomend James pattersons Alex cross novels and also his newest book Cradle and All. Also ken folletts The Third Twin is very very gripping with loads of un expected twists

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb thriller, 13 May 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I must agree with the rest of your reviewers. I found this book in Tescos & the cover intreged me. So I bought it & read it in 3 days. It normally takes me 7 days to read a 250 word Andrew Vachss novel & they are my favourites. Anyway, a thoroughly involving, twisting, mindblowing read. Go Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to put down!, 7 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Gideon (Hardcover)
Struggling writer Carl Granville is hired by New York's most powerful book publisher to ghostwrite a book called Gideon.He must turn an old diary,with all important names and cities blanked out,into compelling fiction.For his task,and his secrecy,Carl will be payed 250,000.Then,as his task is nearing completion,two people close to Carl are murdered,his appartment ransacked and his computer is stolen.With no alibi and no proof of his mysterious project Carl becomes the prime suspect.He becomes a man on the run,and,enlisting the help of his ex-girlfriend he goes in search of the answers to his questions.On his travels,Carl is persued by an assassin and a deranged cop who will stop at nothing to kill him.What follows is an engaging manhunt and a tale of political corruption.And there is an extremely suprising twist in the plot at the end. Gideon is an excellent read and comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Literature!, 11 Jun 2001
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
This was simply a book that I could not put down, once I started I couldn't stop. The plot was intelligent, exciting and full of suspense, definitely recommendable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very exciting and involving thriller, 29 Mar 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I choose this book mainly on the strength of the cover and the back synopsis.
I was very pleased with the book and thought it was a definitely above average thriller. It was well thought out and executed. The characters were developed and interesting enough to keep my interest through the 540+ pages and make me want to finish the book as quickly as I could.
The only gripe that stops me giving it the full 5 stars for this book, this is not a spolier by the way, is that followers of a certain movie series will feel that parts of the story are familiar.
I would heartily recommend this book to those of you who enjoy thrillers and I can't wait to read more of Russell Andrews work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that does its cover justice, 10 April 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I tend to try and purchase books that are an authors first novel feeling that much thought has gone into the story line. This book was one that lived up to all expectations, aswell as having an eye-catching cover. The characters are deep enough to involve yourself with but not so deep that their purpose in the story takes you away from the plot. The plot lacks a little towards the end but the rest of the story distracts you from that little aspect. I look forward to his next novel and hope that he can keep up the imagination. I may one day find myself reading this book again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly written, consistently clever & twisting plots, 9 May 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
After reading Russel Andrews 'Gideon' the aftermath is somewhat chilling. The writer sucks you into his fictional world of deceit and almost makes you wonder if it's based on experience.
Thoroughly enjoyed the book from begining to end and it makes you want to probe and delve into the most innocent and straight forward of situations you read about and watch on the news.
If an exciting and compeling read is up your alley, this book is an absoloute must.
(Appologies for any typos, I'm not a writer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !, 3 May 2000
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
Here is a review from somebody who never reads, I was shopping at a local supermarket when for some reason the bookshelf caught my eye and there was gideon. As I have already said I am not a reader by any stretch of the imagination, but this book had me rivited from begining to end. A superb story, full of action, and it keeps you guessing to the end. Cant wait for his next book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gideon
Gideon by Russell Andrews (Paperback - 2 Mar 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01