on 1 May 2013
I read this first time on loan from the library and that edition (hard back) came with pictures of Lena and her little 'holiday home'. The book is written in five parts and also covers in part some of her works such as her first published novel 'Maggie' finding out that she gave her work to a comic publisher by mistake was a hoot but there are many little gems all through this book. I found the book a good read like cosying down with a good friend. Well worth it!
Bye the way there is a little film uploaded recently on you tube by HerbsHappy detailing Lena Kennedys little shack!
MarJ
on 18 March 2000
Touching, funny, sad. Before you think of typing out that best-selling novel, I'd advise you to read this, there is always hope if you perservere.
on 18 March 2014
This book I have kept as it is such a lovely heart warming book. You can really feel what she is writing about her family life and she must have been a lovely lady. It is a while since I read it but it has left a lasting impression on me and if you are a fan of her - it is a must read and I hope to read it again in the near future.
on 23 February 2013
I have all the Lena Kennedy books and this was the only one missing from my collection. A wonderful insight to my favourite authoress
on 10 February 2013
Book arrived as described. Autobiography of her childhood holiday life hop picking in Kent, fascinating read of times now lost.
on 11 July 2014
It was ok but took along while to get into the story