Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 September 2002
This Childs First Bible is beautifully presented in a protective slip case & is illustrated with gorgeous bright and colourful pictures. It offers the young an insight into the many wonderful stories of the Bible, in terminology that they will understand. Excellent for bed time reading!
on 17 May 2009
This is a very good first childrens Bible, the pictures are bright, the stories are easy to read, my son of five loves reading his and insisted we buy the same bible for a friends christening.
on 24 October 2011
What a glorious book beautifully set out for young children. Illustrations are in wonderful colour, questions at the end of each story. My grandsons age 7 and 5 adored this book.
on 9 April 2011
This book is a gem! Kenneth Taylor has picked out a good collection of key Old Testament stories, and then for the New Testament, some of Jesus's miracles and parables (if I remember rightly - we have already given the book to our grandson and I do not have it to hand to check). I think he might go as far as a story or two from Acts - again, I am speaking from memory. He has re-written all the accounts extremely simply and succinctly, with a question at the end of each one that would help to capture the child's interest. The illustrations are wonderful - vibrant colours and delightful in every way. We were so pleased with the book and gave it to our grandson on the occasion of his christening to be read to him when he is older.
on 28 May 2011
An excellent book for young children with the right amount of text to read to a very young child or for a child to read for themselves.Plenty of colourful pictures.
It's very well presented with a slot in rigid cover and makes a lovely gift.
on 2 April 2011
Excellent book well worth the money at approximately 2/3rds the published price.
Glad I looked at the reviews, which were most helpful and factual. We bought this bible for our Granddaughter's 5th Birthday. The stories combined with pictures and a simple question at the end of each story is ideal for learning and understanding.
Well recommended.
on 19 April 2011
A highly recommended introduction to Christianity for Children. Lovely stories with beautiful illustrations throughout. I bought this as a Christening Gift for my Godson.
on 4 November 2010
Bought as a gift and was not disapppointed. Pages are beautifully illustrated and the hardback cover and box gives it a quality feel.
on 21 October 2011
I wanted a Bible for my friend's baby girl, being Christened. I wanted a book she could grow up with and read and also something her mum could read her, with beautiful pictures.

The book arrived in a lovely case. It's a perfect present for a Christening. The pictures are eye-catcing and gorgeous and the words are inspiring. My friend was thrilled. I would recommend this Child's First Bible to anyone, especially a Christening or dedication.
on 7 January 2016
A lot of the stories have no meaning whatsoever and there is no flow from one story to the next. Whole bible stories have been cut down to 3 or 4 sentences . Maybe for really small children but my 4 year old was not impressed.