I bought this book simply because I've always been interested in the connection between our handwriting and our personalities and attitudes.

Published on 8 Dec. 2006 by J. Beaton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what you might be expecting
This book is TINY. There was no indication when I bought it that this is a pocket edition,it cannot be read fully without the aid of a magnifying glass.
The stock control card inside said £4.99.
When I complained to the seller, I was chided for being unfamiliar with the DK pocket editions, and the inflated price was apparently due to high demand.
The book...
Published on 10 Feb. 2009 by A. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for those interested in the concept of graphology, and probably very useful in evaluating potential staff, 8 Dec. 2006
J. Beaton (Trinity College, Dublin.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graphology (Secrets of...) (Paperback)

It's logically and concisely written, in a practical and straight-forward manner, which enables you to use the book to analyse handwriting, right off the bat, without having to memorise the entire book. Eventually, after using the book long enough, you will have remembered what the different patterns and quirks in handwriting mean, and you won't need to have the book on hand anymore.

Using this book as my guide, I analysed handwriting samples from a number of people I don't know other than by name and face, and they told me that my reading was accurate - often alarmingly so! Whether this is because I said things that they'd like to be true, or whether it was because what I said was actually true, I cannot be sure. But I think there is definitely a degree of truth to be found in the analysis of one's handwriting. I analysed my own handwriting too, and I think it holds truth.

I daresay the mastering of this book's teachings probably isn't enough qualify you as a professional graphologist, but I can't imagine a better introduction to the subject. It is full of fascinating information and gives you enough practical information to get started, and enough terminology to make you sound, at least, like you know what you're talking about.

I can see it being useful for analysing the handwriting of potential staff. It will give you an idea of someone's personality and their underlying strengths, and will possibly reveal more than a straight-forward interview.

Whatever the case, this was the book I was looking for and it delivers 100%.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what you might be expecting, 10 Feb. 2009
A. Hall (England GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graphology (Secrets of...) (Paperback)
The stock control card inside said £4.99.
The book is still unread, it's just too much effort to read the minuscule print.

Graphology (Secrets of...)
Graphology (Secrets of...) by Jacqui Tew (Paperback - 7 Jun. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01