1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensory Delight, 4 Aug 2001
This review is from: Pure Style Living (Hardcover)
After reading Pure Style by Jane Cumberbach, I eagerly awaited her next book. I have to be honest that when the book arrived I was dismayed by the cover, it didn't have the appeal of it predessor although the sheer size of this book made up for this shortcoming.
Well they always say that you should never judge a book by its cover! This can certainly be said for Pure Style Living! You open the book and the pages just shine and out at out, inviting you to keep turning the pages! It portrays a life that we would all adore, of relaxed living, beautiful surroundings, good food and well being. It even invites you to become creative, giving you simple and concise directions to create the beautiful items displayed in the book! Yes any of us can begin to make the life that Jane Cumberbach tempts us with! Each photo is glorious in its colour and content, in fact you keep going back to look again, finding details and ideas that you missed before. This book offers you a life that I know I can achieve, not one that requires a lot of money or an entourage of designers, rather one that can be created with the materials we have at hand and a little bit of imagination. Again, like her first book the author has provided a vast array of colours, textures, scents and tastes indeed a Sensory Delight! My only critisism is that the book is so large, I have problems trying to read it in bed! However, instead of reading, I suspect I should now be relaxing in my newly created haven helped along by Jane Cumberbach!

Pure Style Living
Pure Style Living by Jane Cumberbatch (Hardcover - 28 Jun 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01