I am desperately trying to learn Russian. I bought this book so I could talk to my relatives on a trip to Russia. It is very useful as far as it goes. It shows the Russian word, then how it is pronounced then the English translation. It is set into common chapters, such as at the cafe, at the supermarket, at the hotel etc. It has most of the key phrases in it, but some obvious ones are missing. The actual pronunciation as written in the book can differ compared to how a Russian pronounces it. Overall, so long as you don't expect too much from this small book, it will serve you fine on a short trip to Russia.
on 16 April 2014
A very good book to have if you are travelling in Russia as no-one will speak English! The explanation of the pronunciation is excellent and even as a non Russian speaker I could read phrases from this book and manage to make myself understood.
on 2 February 2014
Includes a good selection of useful phrases. However, when I tried some of it out with a Russian colleague it was clear that some of the pronunciation / speed was not as I expected. I was at least understandable!
on 22 July 2013
A simple,basic ,everyday phrase book,worth the two pounds spent.Anything more substantial would require a more in depth book but this suites basic needs for travel and good value for just two pounds..