1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to understand or make sense of, 20 May 2010
Richard Griffiths "SoulFireMage" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Systems Thinking: Managing Chaos and Complexity: A Platform for Designing Business Architecture (Paperback)
I've tried twice with this book. There are a few semi understandable points (ie the diagram with Taylorism marked in it). However I gave up in the end.

I've got Senge's book the Fifth Discipline-no trouble at all. I also have Seeing the Forest for the Trees: A Manager's Guide to Applying Systems Thinking this one, and it's just fine. Easy to follow and apply within a chapter or two.

This book is opaque and impractical unless it requires you to already be a world class systems thinker to make use of it. If you are..then would you even need it?

I put my review on as I feel the previous good reviews may lure the unwary. Unless you seriously know your systems and can make sense of this guy-go with something more applicable.

See my Listmania, Systems Thinking-Start Here for the books I recommend on this subject. Whilst it's a list written by someone new to the discipline, it may be of help to those that need to understand this field quickly and are not already grandmasters.

Systems Thinking: Managing Chaos and Complexity: A Platform for Designing Business Architecture by Jamshid Gharajedaghi President and CEO of Interact former director of The Busch Center the research arm of the Systems Sciences Department and Adjunct Professor of Systems Sciences at The Wharton School University of Pennyslvania (Paperback - 14 Dec 2005)
27.92
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available