4.0 out of 5 stars Building Construction Handbook
Well on its way to becoming a classic - I hope Elsevier continue to run with this one. I bought my first copy as a student in the late eighties and I still use it. One criticism/suggestion: why is it not possible to get this book in hardback? About to splash out on the latest edition anyway.
Published on 15 Aug. 2006 by D. MacDonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful if a little outdated
For design professionals, this book gives some useful information about detail design and construction principles as well as additional information about services and other construction related material.
Some of the information is out of date and the book is far from comprehensive.
However, the information that is in the book is clear and concise giving an...
Published on 15 April 2009 by FilmView

4.0 out of 5 stars Building Construction Handbook, 15 Aug. 2006
D. MacDonald (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Building Construction Handbook: Incorporating Current Building and Construction Regulations (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars A place required on everyones shelf for this book, 10 Sept. 2006
C. Marriott (London) - See all my reviews
I found this book very useful to me, and a great handbook for me to keep close by. I wished, I could have had this book in my possession before my first degree, as it would have made life a lot easier, with the scope of the content, and levels of certain details provided. More though, as a comprehensive introduction.

I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to understand and familiarise themselves with the methods and techniques within the construction industry.I use the book as a guide and reference for my current role of project management.

The book however, does also present the reader with mathematical equations, associated with the structural mechanics of design. Which aren't quite complete, in some cases, which may confuse! These are not provided to educate the reader in engineering math, but merely I would expect to illustrate the reasoning behind it. However, I would have liked to have seen the inclusion of some fully detailed worked examples to complement the relevant topics throughout, but nevertheless, the book is still excellent and is very good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful if a little outdated, 15 April 2009
Some of the information is out of date and the book is far from comprehensive.
However, the information that is in the book is clear and concise giving an insight into how domestic buildings are built and what to consider when designing them

5.0 out of 5 stars Good updated edition of this book., 11 July 2009
This book was referred to by my lecturers at building college as 'The Builders Bible'. Whilst it remains a poor guide to the Christian faith, it is an excellent reference book for the fundamentals of building construction.
It retains its quaint descriptions of site establishment that, although outdated, address the considerations that should be taken.
I bought this version to update the early 90's copy I have, to pick up on more modern construction details. There is now a little information on timber frame etc but not in a great deal of depth. Having said that, the book generally devotes no more than one or two pages to each subject, which is why it can cover the breadth of subjects.

If you are on a construction-related degree/HND, I would recommend you buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Construction Handbook, 29 Jun. 2013
Purchased for my husband who was working in the construction industry at the time. Value for money and covered the essentials that he needed to know. Would recommend supplier

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 18 Feb. 2014
P. Jackson (Lowestoft UK) - See all my reviews
just what I needed just in case the oil and gas business goes t*ts up. This gives me all the info I need if I have to go into civils

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 24 Feb. 2011
Bought this for my BTEC construction course as recommended by my tutors.

Not recommended however for higher/degree level courses.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleased with this one, 30 Nov. 2013
arrived this morning in good condition bought it for a friend who I am sure will be as pleased as i am

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
Delivered as described on amazon good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Feb. 2015
J. Nicholson "juannic" (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
good reference, good service

Building Construction Handbook: Incorporating Current Building and Construction Regulations by Roger Greeno BA(Hons.) FCIOB FIPHE FRSA (Paperback - 14 Mar. 2006)
Used & New from: £4.99