5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!
Published on 10 Nov. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
This could have been a useful reference in providing a concise overview at a reasonable price. Unfortunately every time I pick this book up I find more careless errors in the details - as a result it is an unreliable source.
Published on 9 Jan. 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 10 Nov. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: CE Conformity Marking: And New Approach Directives (Paperback)
Having read the previous "reviews" I was, I must admit, initially put off from purchasing a copy of Mr Tricker's book. At a recent meeting, one of my colleagues lent me his copy of the book. Far from finding it "Disappointing" or "Not really worth the money" (see previous reviews) I found this book exceedingly useful. It achieves what it says it intends to do and clearly outlines (in the form of a reference manual) the current status and requirements of the New Approach Directives together with CE Marking. I disagree with your Danish reviewer's comment that the Commission's Guide is much more clearer that Mr Tricker's CE book. This Guide, as it has been written mainly by non-native English speakers, is full of "Eurospeak" and difficult to comprehend. "CE Conformity Marking" on the other hand is clearly written and easy to follow. Whilst I agree with both your reviewers that there are a few typos in the book (as well as shamefully missing Denmark of the EU map!) I have yet to find a better book on this topic. Well done Mr Tricker and thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, 26 Nov. 2002
This book has been invaluable during my post-graduate studies, it has been a cornerstone in my understanding of the European Harmonised Directives and I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone wishing to further their knowledge of these regulations or implement them in a practical environment

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference source, 1 Dec. 2002
I had always found New Approach Directives difficult to understand until I read “CE Confomity Marking”! This book is an excellent reference source that is well laid out and enables the reader to quickly find the pertinent points of the Directive that they are researching. It is easy on the eye, uses non technical terms and is something that I regularly ”dip into”.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal book for design engineers library, 10 Oct. 2014
Informative and detailed reference book

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 9 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
The author is apparently a quality consultant - it's a shame he didn't apply quality control procedures to his own product and give it a good proof-reading before publication

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth the money, 8 Oct. 2001
Maybe CE-marking is just not a very gratifying subject to write about in a manner which is interesting to the reader. In any account; Ray Trickers book is rather lifeless.
The first part of the book deals with the New Approach Directives. But the exposition is not half as clear or well written as 'Guide to implementation of directives based on the new approach and the global approach' by the European Commission which can be downloaded for free from the internet. Another major part of the book is used for recapitulation of the approximately 20 New Approach directives one by one. Not very interesting; and if you need to use any of the directives you will need the full directive text anyway.
The book has countless figures, but - in my opinion - they are seldom very well constructed or very helpful. I also think, that I spotted a few factual errors. E.g.: the whole page figure 1.4 shows Denmark as not belonging to the EU.
Conclusion: Not really worth the money (nor the time spent reading it)

CE Conformity Marking: And New Approach Directives
CE Conformity Marking: And New Approach Directives by Ray Tricker (Paperback - 1 May 2000)