Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2003
This book is aq really good introdution to the life in the oceans. I recently used this book for a module in my Oceanography degree and it was really helpful. I also recommend this book for Marine Biologists as well.
on 22 February 2013
For a £30 textbook of 300 pages I would expect better print quality. This looks like it's been run off on someone's home laser printer on standard, cheapish, copy paper. I dread to think what it will look like in 3 years time, let alone the tens of years text books are supposed to last. It is well bound, though. Open University module books are normally higher quality.
If I had paid £10-15 for it I wouldn't have been too disappointed, but £30 is a rip-off.
This refers to the 2012 reprint.

I hope the content is a useful as others have said.
on 14 March 2011
I bought this book for my husband who is studying for the OU course it is associated with. Just what he wanted, it arrived quickly and was as cheap as anywhere else I could find it. No fuss - just what we needed.
on 21 April 2015
It's exactly what I wanted and received.
on 20 November 2013
Has an out of date feeling-not been updated since 1997, and most illustrations black and white diagrams rather than photographs.
on 22 January 2013
required reading for my course, it was useful during my course, reasonably priced and arrived on time for my course.
on 22 December 2013
Great read for anyone studying oceanography or anyone into global warming and its affects on the sea and its life.
on 30 September 2014
As expected and brilliant service
on 18 November 2014