on 24 March 2002
I was first introduced to David Hoyle back in 1994 with his first ISO 9000 Quality System Handbook, I found the book so well written that I had no problem understanding what was required to implement a Quality Management System that would give results. Yes, when the third edition came out in 1998, I obtained a copy, and I was not disappointed, the third edition explained the new requirement in a language that I could understand.
Each section of the clauses were broken down, and taken apart and explained as to their meaning. At the end of each chapter there is a list of tasks to do and a list of Do's and donot's. A book well worth having. In 1999 it all changed again with the new version of ISO 9000:2000. The 20 elements having been swept aside, to be replaced with 5 sections. We have moved from the procedure to the process approach to quality management.
In October 2000 David Hoyal released his fourth edition of ISO 9000 Quality System Handbook. The book details the 5 sections so well that you cannot but understand what is required of the new standard. Within each clause of each section there is a an explanation of what it means, why it is necessary and how it is implemented. Each section ends with a summary, Questionnaire and a food for thought page.
Anybody who is serious about implementing ISO 9000:2000 should have a copy at hand, I have only had mine since October and is already well thumped. A must, for all quality professionals.
on 1 July 2005
This book, while worthy, is based on the previous version of ISO 9000. Sadly I didn't look at the publication date. The current version is ISO 9000:2000 published in 1999.
on 6 May 2016