Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 February 2002
I bought this book back when I was an undergraduate, it was recommended then by a lecturer. Its a fantastic overview of so many aspects of marine biology, with a large number of references to follow up. Everything is covered, from plankton biology to the chemical composition of seawater, underwater physics to fishing methods.
I think I must have referenced this book in nearly all my undergraduate pieces of work! Even now I have this book near my desk, and I don't know any other marine biologists my age who don't own this or have read it.
In summary, if you are looking for a comprehensive title, and can't be bothered when writing reports to slave through the library, this is the book for you!
on 7 December 2015
I have given this book 5 stars but in the description of the book it said there was some minor damage to spine it did not say the front cover was badly damaged. So, other then that, this book is excellent. A good easy to follow book which is immensely readable. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in marine ecology for personal interest or for school, college or University.
on 26 August 2014
good overview of marine ecology
on 19 May 2015
Good value and good condition