Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 23 February 2002
With the set task of explaining the more theoretical fundamentals of computer programming, R Garnier and J Taylor have done a superb job of bringing the subject into the real world.
Easy to follow examples, realistic exercises and plain English explanations make this an excellent development tool for anyone looking to get a rock solid foundation for good programming practices.
With what can sometimes be a difficult subject to enlighten the reader, a somewhat light-hearted approach prevails to make this a very readable textbook.
on 9 March 2009
Concise, clear and full of exercises so you can make sure you got it before you go on. Do the exercises and you will get a solid understanding of the foundation of computer science.
on 19 August 2012
I bought the kindle version of this book and must say that I am extremely disappointed as the book is full of mistakes. I have only read the first 2 chapters but have completely lost faith in the content. I bought this to give me a bit of a refresher as I have degree in computer science which I gained in 2008 so I do know what I am talking about and the mistakes I have noticed are in some of the most basic sections.

I cannot comment on the print version which may be fine but some of the earliest examples are just plain wrong and I can can only imagine that someone that doesn't already have a good understanding of logic might simply end up with an incorrect understanding of the subject. I have searched for an errata section online to see if these mistakes are mentioned but have so far not found one.

In conclusion, DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!
on 23 February 2002