5.0 out of 5 stars A great book ...
This is an absolute favourite of my 4 year olds! We use it to remind him of his table manners & it is such a lovely read.
Published 8 months ago by Mrs. S. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars For pre-school children
Published on 17 Aug 2011 by Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book ..., 11 Nov 2013
Mrs. S. Murphy "Sarah Murphy" (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good teaching for toddlers, 23 Aug 2012
Joan-Violet "Jo" (Lancs UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Learning to do things for yourself in this book with easy to recognize items for young children, my grandson has the same jug and tumblers so he did very well looking at this when he visited..my other grandson will be ready to look at this soon and Im sure his response will be as good...only downside is there isnt a boy on the front cover as it gives the appearance of a girls book, it would be better to have both a girl and boy on the front or to have a separate boy and girls book..otherwise its perfect and colourful too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy addition to the book collection, 20 Oct 2011
S. Jones (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our Son announced loudly with a big grin on his face, "I really LIKE this book!"... What better endorsement for a book than a review from the person it's meant for!

The book is part of the All By Myself series from Clever Croc which are aimed at encouraging younger children to, as they say, 'nurture your child's sense of pride and growing independence'. Judging from this book, they certainly seem to.

The book is boldly and colourfully presented with each page showing a photo of a boy or girl doing something with a few sentences, for example, a picture of a boy washing hands in preparation for mealtime. Our Son is nearly 3 years old and is delighted with the book; he enjoys the pictures and identifies with what is being shown in the pictures. He loves stories being read to him and is curious about letters and words so this book really has it all.

Would we recommend the book? Yes absolutely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 Aug 2011
xenofan "xenofan" (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Loved the hard board pages. Good use of photographs and step by step story telling. Nice bold writing and labeling. I liked the fact that different children were represented throughout the book. I would certainly recommend it as a social story about meal times for little ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars For pre-school children, 17 Aug 2011
Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is advertised as 'supports the 'self care' aspect of EYFS guidance' but it is very much for pre-school/F1 and based on dinner time home routines rather than nursery/school. The book is made of 8 very durable glossy boards which means it will last better than some paperbacks with young children. It has very colourful photos rather than drawings which I really like. I like the text which contains a small rhyming verse on each page as questions on some pages related to counting, colours, simple adding, own choices. The books talks about laying the table and tells children what they need but the picture of the table fully laid isn't as clear as it could be if you're using this book to teach children. I agree with the other reviewer who also pointed out that it would have been better ordered if the page on washing hands was before laying the table. The book contains simple rules for table manners and very clearly promotes eating fruit and vegetables and drinking water or milk to make healthy choices.

This book is clear and the words and simple questions in it are nice as an intorduction to setting the table and good table manners/healthy food choices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased it was free, 9 Aug 2011
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My child is two and I selected this for him as he's very interested in things like setting the table and helping wash up etc. Perfect for his age and possibly no more than 3. The rhyming words are simple and there are some lovely colours on each page. It is durable and glossy with a range of ethnicities presented in the small book. Good range of food covered in the book and essentially, good manners being shown.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food, helping and fun..., 2 Aug 2011
Helen Simpson (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A durable board book, it's larger size is perfect for sharing either on a one to one with your child or with a group of children.
The pictures are bright and colourful and depict children from a variety of ethnic backgrounds helping, eating and being generally enthusiastic about healthy food :) Table manners aren't forgotten either with a 'non-lecturey' reminder about sitting up nicely, saying please and thank you and not talking with your mouth full. The rhyming text adds to the fun but there are also plenty of conversation prompts to encourage discussion, counting and in the case of the 'funny face' made of food...imagination!! :) :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young pre-school children, 1 Aug 2011
Flyboy (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I decided to review this book as my daughter starts school in September and I wanted her to start to learn the basics for good table manners! She really enjoyed reading the book and wanted to lay the table for the family too, which was great. The simple rhyming words and photo pictures are fun and easy to read and we enjoyed looking at it together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Of some use, 1 Aug 2011
Ms. M. Cheung (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this book to my kids (aged 4 and 5) to try to encourage them to eat more vegetables.

The book is very nicely presented, with thick board pages and gorgeous photos of some cute kids throughout. It goes through the whole dinner-time routine, from setting the table to washing hands, and (crucially for me) it shows kids eating lots of vegetables.

I have to day that both my kids were willing to eat more vegetables after reading this book. Whether they will keep eating veggies is another matter, but at least they were willing to give vegetables a try after seeing the kids in the book enjoying them. So, just for that, I will definitely be recommending this book.

(I docked a star off because the book only showed a girl holding an apple and no photos of children eating any fruit, which would have helped with my daughter.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why washing hands comes after setting up the table?, 30 July 2011
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The whole "All by myself" series seems to be very good idea for younger children that just learn independence to encourage them to do things on their own and be proud of it.

The book is very nicely published with lots of colourful pictures and illustrations. And durable as well thanks to cardboard pages. I was nicely surprised with the size of the book, for some reason I expected it to be smaller but the bigger size works better here.

The only (quite a major) problem I find is wrong order of the activities. Why in the book washing hands comes after setting up the table?... and touching all the cutlery with dirty hands (!) My daughter like to follow the books or things she learnt from school in exact manner so only for that reason I would not buy this book.

All By Myself: Spoon, Cup, Dinner's Up!
All By Myself: Spoon, Cup, Dinner's Up! by Debbie Foy (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
5.77