4.0 out of 5 stars very good for illustrating how to deal with anger
I thought this book was very good for giving examples of why and how people get angry and also how to deal with their anger, in simple language that children can understand.
Published on 15 Jan 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, lots of anger, not many solutions
Published 15 months ago by EGT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars very good for illustrating how to deal with anger, 15 Jan 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars All kinds of feelings/All kinds of bodies, 31 May 2007
J. Stevenson (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
These highly interactive books are fun for children whilst they take in valuable information on social interaction and physical differences.

My children are both age 6 and I think the books are suitable for their age group. I would recommend both titles to children of ages 4-7.

I think they are good for opening up discussions between children and parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant imagery, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
I have 3 year old twin boys that get a bit "heated" at times. This book is brilliant at getting the message across that everyone feels angry sometimes and how we should act when we do. The images are well illustrated and the scenarios are very suitable for my children. A great buy !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, lots of anger, not many solutions, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
Lots of examples of how people get angry. Solutions? Talk to your dog (we do not and cannot have one), count and breathe! Toddler was getting increasingly sad going through this book and the 'solutions' pages did not cheer her up! Would not recommend, far too basic and does not offer any starters for discussions. These are not 'open ended' scenarios you can discuss with your child, but simple, one sentence statements. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
I have a 6 yr old son who is having trouble with expressing his anger without being destructive. I borrowed this book from school and had to own it. It's a storybook but it helps to explain how anger feels and ways of handling it. Very easy for a child to understand. Son has referred back to it already and has taken on board some of the ways of venting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for kids!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
My 6 year old son has ADHD and struggles with frustration (normally hitting himself rather than others) but we read through this book together and he now tries to count to 10 when he gets cross and think before he does anything silly. It was easy for him to understand as the pictures illustrate the feelings and situations that cause anger. I'd definitely recommend this book, not just for ADHD, I think it would benefit any child with anger issues and learning to deal with feelings.

5.0 out of 5 stars feedback, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
Good book - pity I couldn't search inside before buying. Will be of help to younger children I think and those with learning disability.

3.0 out of 5 stars feelings are important, 24 Sep 2011
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
I chose this book as I have a 4 year old daughter who has alot of pent up emotion, primarily anger, so I invested in a book that would benefit her and myself as a parent.
I found this book very helpful to a degree, though one of the tips was to take a walk, and due to the fact that we live in a flat and my daughter is only 4, she cannot exactly get up and 'take a walk.'
I am trying to teach her to squeeze her pillow when she feels angry and to count to ten which is mentioned in the book, but explaining this to a 4year old in essence she takes it as more of a game. I wouldnt recommend this book for children under the age of 5 really, though the illustrations are good to relate to and talk through with my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars angry 3 year old, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
Reading this with our 3 year old really helped me and him find ways to let off steam and understand the emotion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Your Emotions: I Feel Angry (Paperback)
This book didn't help my son with his feelings at all and it left him even more confused.Save your money!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Your Emotions: I Feel Angry
Your Emotions: I Feel Angry by Brian Moses (Paperback - 16 Nov 1994)
5.99