5.0 out of 5 stars great book
really great book - one of the best on the subject, easy to read, definitely recommend it to everyone.
Published 6 months ago by Tatiana

On Page 4, the author claims that 'I developed The Wheel of Life' model.
No! He didn't!
I was using it almost 20 years ago and had gleaned it from an American book.
If you want some original thinking about coaching and mentoring, look for Tony Robbins books.
Published 9 months ago by Colin Edwards

1.0 out of 5 stars Take the best bits from books by life coaches, mix 'em up and call 'em your own?, 27 Sep 2013
Colin Edwards (Margate UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breakthrough: Learn the secrets of the world's leading mentor and become the best you can be (Paperback)
On Page 4, the author claims that 'I developed The Wheel of Life' model.
No! He didn't!
I was using it almost 20 years ago and had gleaned it from an American book.
If you want some no-nonsense practical advice about life coaching, look for Curly Martin's books.
I do not normally submit negative reviews but I make an exception here to hopefully prevent other innocents being disappointed with this extremely shallow re=hash of the work of others. It is almost plagiarism in my opinion!

1.0 out of 5 stars An advert for the authors services - nothing more - do not waste your money, 20 Feb 2013
Do not waste your money.
Contains long rambling chapters on topics that make no sense. All end up saying without exception that you need to work with the Author himself long term.
How this has been published as a self help book is beyond my comprehension as there is nothing you can learn from this book alone.
Do not be mislead by the books title as he has shared no secrets here, and to be honest i am not sure you would be any more enlightened if you paid to work with him in person.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 12 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivational..., 7 Dec 2013
Overall a good read. Well written by someone who obviously knows what they are talking about. The author uses humour to illustrate his points, which are mostly common sense but presented in such a way as to be uplifting, motivational and focused. This book inspires and gives additional confidence to those needing just that extra push to do the things that deep down they know are the right course of action.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, a book that will challenge your perception and make you want to be a better mentor in business., 28 Sep 2013
Every leader who is passionate about developing others is also passionate about developing themselves. We all need a mentor. For me a mentor is someone I respect, who shares my values and who whenever I am in their company kindles my fire. Someone who inspires me to be a better leader.

I want them to support and encourage me, to challenge me in a constructive way.

If I can learn how to be the very best I can then share that with others.

You know when you find the right mentor because you could happily spend a week with them and never tire of their company and listening to their insights. Sometimes all we need is to know there is someone to reach out to.

David in his book gives you an insight into how he has become recognised as one of the leading mentors in business today.

His useful tips will make you reflect upon how you too can aspire to be a mentor who people want to spend time with.

An inspiring read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical guidance for your best Self and for others, 28 April 2013
For me, this book was a joy to read because it struck an accessible balance between the deeper internal work we all should do if we strive to be the best version of our Self, and the practical external actions required in our complex interdependent fast-changing world.

To provide additional context and grounding to the 20 breakthrough practices, the author includes lessons from the ups and downs of his own life and his varied business career of over 30 years.

The breakthrough practices draw upon a wealth of personal development and wisdom teachings to take a holistic integrative approach that includes Leadership Values Assessments, classical Chinese medicine, and Energy Psychology, to name a few.

This book will appeal to a much wider audience than the CEOs and business owners the author typically mentors, and will benefit anyone who wants to live a self-directed, purposeful and fulfilling life (not just for Self but for others too).

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct and Engaging, 14 April 2013
Rohan (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
David's book is direct and conversationally engaging. The written style allows many a moment for the reader to reflect on the relevance of what is being expressed to his or her life and that is where the book makes a difference. I did not find it preachy or for that matter, wooly, as some books of this kind are. The book makes not claims that there is a 3-5-7 stage map but invites the reader to develop his/her level of consciousness and engage from that space.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new beginning- not just a Breakthrough!, 8 Feb 2013
D. Karim (London UK) - See all my reviews
Good to have a book that is meaningful. Considered download but found this size and quality of paperback easy to work with- and can loan to friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Breakthrough., 1 Feb 2013
Carter takes a client based approach to his subject. The book is slightly too strongly biased on his life to give a fully focussed unbiased perspective. A great deal of good content and guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and easy to read, 26 Jan 2013
Changing what we do in our life isn't easy - it's far easier to carry on doing are we are currently doing. Change, or making a Breakthrough, is hard.
I loved this book because what David does so well here is to give us the tools to go for the change, or Breakthrough, that we want to make or happen. He breaks it down into realistic stages and steps. It's so easy to go charging off in a new direction, hell bent on change, causing mayhem in our path. Maybe that change isn't actually what we really want - we might well have thought it was but we can easily be wrong.
David looks at balancing all areas of our life and suggests ways of being clear about what Breakthrough we want and then how to stay focused and achieve it.
Inspiring and easy to read. Great!

11.99