on 21 November 2013
Before writing this review, I must admit to a heavy bias, namely I am a cancer survivor who also declined chemotherapy in favour of a more natural and dietary-based approach.Having said this, if this book wasn't up to the mark I wouldn't shy away from slating it! Having read about cancer voraciously for the past 4 years I honestly thought that I wouldn't learn much from reading it. I was however pleasantly surprised at the sheer amount of new information it brought to my attention. It's also a well-written book in that it gives enough information without being too technical and therefore stays engaging and easy to read.I tend to read books with a highlighter pen poised in my hand nowadays (sorry book purists) and always highlight things I need to do more research on later. This book has given me a list of nearly 60 new books/treatments/therapies I need to look up! The complexity and range of treatments covered by the book mean that they can't be covered in too much detail. However, having said this I think this is an excellent book for someone wanting an introduction to what's out there in the alternative cancer field. I also found it a very uplifting and inspiring book - particularly the accounts of fellow cancer survivors who have regained their health again after terrible prognoses If I was to level a tiny criticism at it, it would be that there was nothing on the Budwig Protocol. Overall, if you are considering an alternative path for you or a loved one and need some more information and a heavy dose of inspiration, I don't think you could do any better than this book.
on 26 March 2014
My father got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, whilst at shock and divisibility about what we had been told I started Google-ing cancer treatments and alternatives. Somehow I got to the Amazon page about this book, It is truly inspirational, and has made me and my family see that there are alternatives to cancer treatment rather than having chemo. PLEASE befor saying yes to chemo which wont work say yes to reading this book and see what might, with minimal effect, your body is week and it has itself caused the cancer it is the only thing that can cure it, Laura has done an amazing job on this book and her website helps alot too. We have been moved by the book and as a result we are going to try alternative treatments.

on 8 January 2014
Very helpful book full of interesting and inspiring personal stories . It has practical advice and reflects a different approach to the process of dealing with a cancer diagnosis and then living well with cancer .
on 25 May 2014
very uplifting book,very positive outlooks after being at the hospital where it's all doom and gloom
gives lots of information and contacts.
on 5 December 2013
Everything you need to know about an alternative way forward to avoiding and treating cancer. An excellent read at a reasonable cost .
on 9 November 2013
This is a must-read book for anyone who is concerned about cancer, whether preventing it or having being diagnosed as having it. Gemma Bond had the courage to follow her own conviction, that nature knows best. The story of her journey, with all it's up and downs, is both inspirational and educational. The book is not about dictating you what you should do if you have cancer, it is more about revealing the many, little-known options that exist, which are more natural, more effective and less damaging to the patient. Our toxic environment, deficiencies in our diet and stress are the main causes of all chronic disease, not genes or the lack of a particular drug, which the pharmaceutical industry would have you believe. You will not get this information from your doctor or oncologist, not only do they not know (medical schools do not teach about nutrition or the effects of environmental toxins) but even if they did, they are not allowed by law to recommend any treatment for cancer that is not a drug, radiation or surgery. The pervasive control that the pharmaceutical industry has over our health choices is unacceptable and needs to be changed. In writing this book, Laura Bond has gone far beyond the limits of most researchers to find many courageous and and compassionate doctors have turned their backs on the 'Drug Based' approach to chronic disease because of the dreadful side effects and poor results. The book explains the true cause of most serious health problems and especially cancer. This information is for anyone who wants to know the truth about why we get sick and why drugs cannot make us truly well again, they only mask the symptoms or buy a little time. True healing comes from nature and own immune systems, this book shows you how and allows you to take control and responsibility for your health.
55 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2015
"How many stars would you give 'Mum's Not Having Chemo" amazon wants to know from me: six stars at least! the best and most honest book about this serious topic. a must-read for EVERYBODY, as cancer might hit each one of us, so be prepared, be informed, know there are a lot of alternatives to the seriously life threatening "therapies" out there. the chance of recovery with natural protocols is as high as with most "cutting-chemo-radiation" treatments, in some cases even higher. besides natural treatments come with much more dignity. it never made sense to me that you choose to destroy an immune system, which failed you in the past instead of accepting, that something went wrong and supporting it in the maximum way possible. laura bond shows many ways how to do it. well done!
on 8 March 2014
Had heard about it and found the book a good read; perhaps a help to eliminate cancer
by proper diet &living.
on 6 August 2014
Very fast delivery-Excellent Product-A Wealth of Knowledge No Cancer Patient Should Miss!! I learned so many facts and got to know very quickly how to deal with MY bladder cancer WITHOUT THE DREADED TOXIC CHEMO!!
on 9 January 2014
I can't recommend this book enough for anyone diagnosed with cancer and their families. It is so thoroughly research and so concise. It is easy to read and really inspiring. I think it has saved my life!