5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down! Wonderful!
This is by far the best book I've read for a very long time and I could not put it down. I read it in a day!. It has confirmed things for me about near death experience, which a friend told me about after he came out of a coma, and Dr Eben Alexander's experiences were almost exactly the same. The story held me from page one from when Eben started to become ill, right...
Published on 10 Feb. 2013 by Lemon Balm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little lacking in his experiences
I gave this 3 stars for the following reasons. On the plus side, this is a very nice and hopeful story thats easy to read and certaintly cheerful and thought provoking. The author's accounts of what happened to him are very interesting and definitly worth musings and considerations and I found this book to be an enjoyable read that I would recommend. To those mentioning...
Published 9 months ago by Shirin

‹ Previous | 153 54 5589 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Heaven. A neurosurgeon's journey into the Afterlife., 1 Dec. 2012
Mrs. Joan Archer (cornwall england) - See all my reviews
Taking into consideration the scientific background of the author and his ability to be objective in his appraisal of his
experience, I think we can all be encouraged by the positive nature of his OBE. It's refreshing to have someone grounded in a scientific perspective move from the limited world view that many scientists, today hold

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book if you search for more in life., 29 Nov. 2012
A. Potter (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
Just read this with an open mind! An amazing and moving account of what should have been an impossible journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Heaven, 22 Nov. 2012
This book was recommended to me and I found it fascinating. It is more a textbook - a very good one - and should be approached in that light.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a while to get into it but was a good, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife (Paperback)
took me a while to get into it but was a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Nov. 2014
A well written and fascinating book. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
Good product just as expected and arrived promptly

2.0 out of 5 stars Many questions left unanswered, 9 Dec. 2012
Pam (Leicestershire) - See all my reviews
Dr Alexander's account of his NDE was interesting but not deep enough, leaving too many questions unanswered. Like many people, I am extremely interested in the concept of an afterlife, and have read a few books on the subject. This book is not one of the best ones I have read I am afraid. The author, being a scientist, spends too much time explaining the technical and scientific reasons why his experience could not have been anything to do with brain activity (he explains that his brain had ceased to function completely during his coma). This makes the book a bit boring and the story does not flow well.
Also, Dr Alexander says he wasn't in the least bit religious before his experience, and yet he talks about being an active member of his local Christian Episcopal church, and the fact that after his experience his visits to church meant even more to him than before! He describes how he was told that eternal separation from God can never happen, that we are loved unconditionally by God and that we are all a part of the oneness of the Universe. Surely that information goes against Christian teachings, which state that if we do not confess the faith of Christ Crucified (the fact that Jesus died for us on the cross to absolve us of our sins) we will, indeed, suffer eternal separation from God and will all go to hell on judgement day! He does not tell us whether Jesus was mentioned at all during his experience, nor does he tell us whether or not his religious beliefs have now changed as a result of the experience. One is left wondering whether he actually understood the Christian belief system before or even if he does now!
This book has not shaken my belief in an afterlife, nor is it a revelation. I already believed it to be as he describes from information gleaned after reading other books on the subject. My advice is, READ other books on the subject and give this one a miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Heaven, 1 Mar. 2014
I borrowed this book from a neighbour and was so impressed that I knew I had to have my own copy. It is currently doing the rounds with close family who are equally impressed with it. If you don't believe in Heaven you will once you have read this book. Buy it you won't be disappointed
June.

5.0 out of 5 stars fasinating, 7 Dec. 2012
i really enjoyed this book, i am a believer, but this book blew my mind, a bit technical/scenitific in places but explained/answered a lot of my questions. i had arelative who experienced things and through this book i was able to understand clearer. i would reccomend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov. 2014
Excellent price and delivery. Very happy!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 153 54 5589 | Next ›

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander (Paperback - 23 Oct. 2012)