5.0 out of 5 stars Stress relief advice - and it works
Highly recommended for anyone going through periods of stress, pain or illness. The basic technique is mindfulness meditation which means being aware of what is happening in the moment aided by focusing on the breath. There are a range of very practical exercises that can be used. All it takes is discipline. By sitting, lying or standing you can become aware of your...
Published on 23 July 2010 by M. J. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Brief Review
This book is extremely accurate, in as much if you have suffered chronic pain most of your life, then it
touches all the nerves in as much, I kept saying to myself Yes had that thought, and yes feel like that etc etc
Written well, and clearly the author has a great understanding of the subject. For me, was to long winded, and
even though I know I should try...
Published 21 months ago by L. Hughes

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile Read, 22 Feb 2009
E. Dean "Emmy Lou" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
After being advised by my Psychologist to look this up it has been of great use and inspiration in learning the art of mindfulness. Would say to anyone learning this it is very useful and holds real life accounts which helps to ground the learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, worth reading, 4 Sep 2011
As ever Jon is brilliant at supporting people who are trying to find ways of coping in this ever stressful and full on life we lead..
One of the best things anyone can do is follow his meditation.. do not "expect" to be "cured" in a flash...it takes time to unlearn what you have been doing for most of your life. Sadly the negative comments have been from people you I believe have expected an "instant" fix.... like going to a fast food cafe, instead of waiting in a top restaurant.
Mindfulness is just not a quick fix... But take the time and you will see the difference.. The Complete Mindfulness meditation cd's are more than worth the price if you take a look at them..Just give it the time..they are now using these techniques in the NHS so they must work!!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed., 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Full Catastrophe Living, Revised Edition: How to cope with stress, pain and illness using mindfulness meditation (Paperback)
Very disappointed in quality of print and size of print. Difficult to read.

I have just read from library and wanted my own " more recent print" copy. No problem with this one at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever, 3 Dec 2011
JK-Z is a delightful, rational man; Mindfulness Meditation has improved my life for the better like nothing else over the last 6 years. Read his other stuff too and Tolle's 'The Power of Now'

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be MUCH shorter!, 19 May 2008
I had high hopes for this book, having read the reviews. However, after struggling through the near-500 pages, I felt compelled to place my own review as a counter-balance.

This book could have been a third of the size if Jon Kabat-Zinn didn't waffle so much. As with his CD's, he likes to prattle on, constantly repeating the same points until your mind goes numb from sheer boredom.

He does make a few good suggestions - unfortunately they are lost in all of the waffle. I purchased this book because I thought it might help my insomnia - it did, but only because I got so bored reading it that I fell asleep!

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for relative, 23 Feb 2014
I don't know what the person who received this thinks of it, but I hope its useful/helpful. That was the intention for buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full catastrophe living, 1 May 2009
J. K. Moon (UK) - See all my reviews
I would thouroughly recommend this book. The title didn't attract me at all and I think it is a poor choice. However it is really a book totally about what meditation is, how it do it and what benefits you might receive. I have been interested in finding out more about this for sometime and here it is all in one place. Well written especially as it addresses many pitfalls you could easily make.
James

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is life-changing, 8 May 2011
Mrs. Melanie R. King (Linlithgow, West Lothian) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended to me personally and professionally, and I must say I was really impressed. The author explains how his version of meditation, and the unique 'body scan' technique, are able to connect us with our timeless inner self and our natural state of peace and wellbeing, regardless of what may be going on in our lives.

Melanie, healer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, borrow from Library, 24 Dec 2013
Had to buy it for a course I was going on.
90% didn't agree with and didn't do any good what so ever. Will end up at Jumble sale or taking up space in unread section of books.
A hard slog to read and try to do, please don't waste your money, you wouldn't keep this book IMHO.
Don't waste your money, borrow from Library if you have to have for any help groups or study groups.
Overpriced even at this price as should be much more but worth no more than 4.99 in Asda bucket sales!

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Help, 25 Mar 2011
This was a very helpful book. It gives an account of what mindfulness is about. It is a practical book.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›