5.0 out of 5 stars Stress relief advice - and it works
Highly recommended for anyone going through periods of stress, pain or illness. The basic technique is mindfulness meditation which means being aware of what is happening in the moment aided by focusing on the breath. There are a range of very practical exercises that can be used. All it takes is discipline. By sitting, lying or standing you can become aware of your...
Published on 23 July 2010 by M. J. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars I've read this book twice but could not recommend it to someone new to the practice of mindfulness ...
I've read this book twice but could not recommend it to someone new to the practice of mindfulness or someone who is looking for a clear and concise introduction to this powerful and life changing concept.

I own the book on Kindle but have seen the hard copy and it is huge. I find that book is very useful to someone who has been practising mindfulness for some...
Published 8 months ago by Mr. J. D. Williams

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Oct 2013
Jon is a fantastic person sharing his knowledge and experience so clearly. This book is for everyone. Mindfulness is a fantastic approach for managing yourself and getting the most positive outcome that is possible.
The approach is not hard to understand and with a bit of structure it is not difficult to master. The practical guidance Jon provides makes it so much easier
I got his audio version of this book too. The two together works really well for me.
Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy buy, 17 Oct 2013
Delivery was very quick and was in a good condition for a second hand book. The site said there was some wear on the book but it was far better condition than I thought it would be.

3.0 out of 5 stars course book, 27 Sep 2013
I needed this book for my FRP course in the hospital. I still havent managed to read it all yet as it is quite complex in places but it does make sense and helped me learn to cope with my illness. Amazon was cheapest price and very fast delivery so all in all a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, well written and straght forward., 11 Aug 2013
The starting point for anyone interested in mindfulness. I found this instructive and inspiring. The mindfulness C.D.s are a good accompaniment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book for anyone, 9 Aug 2013
This book describes the use of mindful meditation in detail. Mindfulness meditation is a non-religious meditation practise that helps you to more aware of you feelings and behaviour, this enables you to make wiser decisions in your life. There is no secret behind it, but it does require commitment to practising the techniques described.

I have found this useful for dealing with depression due to bereavement and other personal issues. I started with reading "The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness" which includes a useful CD (by Kabat-Zinn) but this book goes into a bit more detail.

I would recommend this book to anybody who isn't completely happy with their lives. It does not provide a solution just a way of dealing with life as it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full Catastrophe Living, 21 July 2013
This book has been very useful for me since I purchased it. I have read the entirety of it and have now found different methods of helping me deal with chronic pain. I would highly advise people who are experiencing chronic pain to read this book as a lot of the information within is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I needed, 26 Jun 2013
M. McCullough (Kingston upon Thames Surrey England) - See all my reviews
I needed this and when it arrived it was as described and has been satisfactory and well read since then.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book!, 18 Jun 2013
I am actually on the course this book talks about. It is a very good book and recommended. I found that you have to incorporate the elements of this course into your life - it's not a cure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness: the pragmatic version, 16 April 2013
sigrun "reader & writer" (Stavanger, Norway) - See all my reviews
It's strange, but this book is probably even more important today, than when it was first published in 1990. Still one of the absolute best western books on Mindfulness; how to do it and why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar 2013
Trixie Booklover (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A self-help book that doesn't talk down to you or over state its case but genuinely helps you accept yourself more. AND its a handbook for working with mindfulness at the same time and uses research where possible. A rare thing.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›