Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 December 2012
Sarah is a wonderful writer and passionate about her subject - the fact that she is an expert in this field makes this book a must-read! Looking forward to her next offering!
on 11 July 2014
I am not normally one to write reviews but I feel that it would be wrong of me not to in this case, because this book is FANTASTIC!

I am pregnant with my first baby and bought a few books to help me along the way, and if there was one that inspired me, captivated me and provided guidance and encouragement on being the kind of mum that fits with your beliefs and ideals, it is this one. This is the one I wouldn't want to be without.

It's not too hippy or airy fairy, but it is far less of a prescriptive baby manual than the other books I read and just gets your mind thinking about the bigger picture and the ethos behind your chosen parenting methods.

A great read, I loved it.
on 29 May 2013
I found this book totally inspirational. It was the first baby book I had read that I wished I had read before I became a mother. It gives a completely honest view of life with a baby and gives new mothers permission to do all the things that most health professionals warn us against. This book is unusual in telling us that we are the experts on our baby and that we don't need parenting experts - I have referred to this book when speaking to friends as the `you don't need a book to raise a baby book'. This book should be given to every expectant mother instead of the `Ready, Steady, Baby' book that we currently receive, in the time being I will buy it for every expectant mother I know.
on 23 October 2014
Should be handed out to every mum or mum to be!
on 20 November 2012
As a mother of three and an HypnoBirthing practitioner - I can't rave about this book enough. If you want to understand your baby's own unique needs so that you can do what feels right for you rather than listening to all the conflicting advice that there is out there, then read this and discover your inner mamma confidence which will enable you to make your own mothering mind up..... What I love about this book is that it's is all backed up by the latest scientific research so is FACT based unlike many other parenting books.....I am going to give this book to all my HypnoBirthing couples as I feel so strongly about this book.
on 25 September 2014
Great quality product at a great price!
on 27 August 2013
I had this book recommended to me when my baby was two weeks old and I was really struggling with the advice I was getting that went against my natural instincts.

Two weeks later, after reading this book, I feel like a different person, with a calmer baby. Confident in my mothering skills and co-sleeping safely and very happily.

It's easy to read (I read most of it during night feeds on my iPhone) and a must for all first time Mums.

Looking forward to the class now!
on 3 August 2015
A great guide to helping your child.
on 3 June 2013
A lot of this book is common sense, but somehow we have lost the ability to trust our instincts. Having a book that supports parents to do just that and to offer suggestions rather than prescriptive advice is fab. This book is assisting women to develop and trust in their maternal instinct. Highly recommend this book during pregnancy, whether first or subsequent pregnancy.

You will not regret buying this book!!
on 10 November 2015
Fantastic book. Reminds you to listen to your instincts, and lets you know what the world looks like from your baby's point of view. Brilliant.