4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to fully understand but I enjoyed it.
Firstly I don't see any real connection between this story and the original Dark Hunter line, other than having some of the old characters popping in and artemis' crossbow and arrow mark.

With "Time Untime" I decided to read it as a new series and having got past my "This isn't DH novel" issue, I liked it.

I got a little annoyed at the...
Published on 9 Sep 2012 by Ronkira

3.0 out of 5 stars A recipe with too many ingredients thrown in!
Ok, I am a HUGE SK and dark hunter fan and had been eagerly awaiting this book since I first heard about it on her website. The day before I go on holiday it is delivered (excellent stuff!). So, hubby and friend take kids out and I thought I'd read it. A couple of hours later my head is throbbing and I have to say I am disappointed :(.

In my own opinion I...
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by Kooks

3.0 out of 5 stars A recipe with too many ingredients thrown in!, 11 Aug 2012

In my own opinion I see the Dark/Were/Dream Hunter world as a fruitcake. Full of great ingredients but really moreish. Sherrilyn has added a few more ingredients to this already great recipe which have left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth. I am sad to say the least.

SPOILER ALERT coming up.

Time Untime kinda carries on from Retribution. This time about Renegade who we thought was a dark hunter but isnt. He is the son of a pleiade and a cherokee warrior chief. Artemis is his protector and keeps him alive for his mother who was turned into a comet only seeing him once every 75 years. Kateri is the hummingbird and the only one that can reset a calendar. (Told you it gets complicated). For a fleeting moment the reader meets Time/Untime who are brother/sister gods. No idea where they come into it. Have read the book three times since.

Admittedly it was nice catching up with Ash, Talon and Nick again. Seeing a nicer side of Nick was fun as well as meeting up with Sasha as well. However, these sidetracked the reader (me) away from the romance between Kat and Ren.

The best way to put it is like a Star Wars film. At the end there is too much going on around for the reader (again me) to concentrate on the pivotal stuff, namely the romance between Ren and Kat. Adding the extra pantheon with the Mayan Gods just confused me, as well as having names which really I could not pronounce even in my head.

I really hope that Sherrilyn will go back to what she does best and continue with her Hunter stories the way she can write and keep the reader wanting more, more, more. If you are reading this Sherrilyn, this was a very confusing book and I am hoping the next one I read from you will be as great as before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to fully understand but I enjoyed it., 9 Sep 2012

I got a little annoyed at the unpronounceable names. As for the Mayan storyline, it got a little confusing. Too much too soon, I think. With the proper DH novels you were given the storyline piece by piece making the Greek mythology easier to understand.

I feel the Guardian series is a little rushed compared to SK's other works of art but again I enjoyed reading it.

If you decide to buy this you CANNOT compare it to the Dark Hunter novels you've already read. If you do you will not enjoy it. I made that mistake with Retribution.

3.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to like it more... but bring back the old Dark Hunters!, 21 Sep 2012
I've always looked forward to a new Sherrilyn Kenyon novel, especially the Dark-Hunters. And i appreciate the problems in continuing such a long running series, however i feel since Archeon's Story the world of the Dark-Hunters has changed too much from the original story archs. This novel continues quite heavily from the previous novel, but for some reason Kenyon seems to have shifted the Greek Mythology element to the Mayan culture, and its a bit confusing to be honest!
Also i know that these sort of Male/Female lead characters finding each other stories are predicatable, but the Female lead of Kateri seems so perfect and capable, and the Male lead of Ren is a typical warrior who had problems in his past, but it is SO cliched now. And there is so much intro-spective dialogue, i almost found myself skipping passage of re-hashed tales. Also the way that Kateri and Ren got together was so rushed and there was no sense of 'story' between them. It was almost assumsed that they would - find each other, like each other, tell each others sob story and then fall into each others arms and live happily ever after!
You did meet some of the previous Dark Hunter characters again, surpringly Sunshine and Talon popped up again, and Archeon and Nick were of course mentioned, but again i don't know where the wider story is heading.
I want to get back to New Orleans, and the more 'normal' set of Dark-Hunters and find out what is happing with Nick! I will still end up reading Kenyon's books, but i won't re-read this as often i have the early books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusion & Disappointment !!!, 15 Aug 2012
I think this is the first book I have read of Kenyon's that left me totally confused.

I'm not sure if I have lost some brain cells along the way of reading this, or maybe it is just me?

I mean what is Ren: Thunderbird?? or wolf??? or Grizzly??? Dark Hunter?? Guardian???

To much going on with all the myths, names, what, where and when.

Maybe you need to have a bit more understanding of the Mayan's, who the hell knows.

Needless to say I didn't enjoy this one, and I'm hoping the next one will steer away from this kind of story line, back to what we love from dark hunters books.

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate to say it ...but I didnt like it !!, 8 Aug 2012
I am a huge huge Sherrilyn Kenyon fan, I love all her books this is a first for me, I didn't like this, I feel like I am stabbing a friend in the back with this review but for the first time I found myself flicking through the book to get to the action and parts of the story, I could follow there is soooo much in this about the gods and Native American mythology I was just lost the first five chapters were so hard to get through but I kept going by chapter six I was starting to get into the story as thats where Ren ( from Sundowns book) and Teri first meet, as a couple they were great I love Ren and felt for him when Teri was getting flashbacks of his life, plus Teri was a great female lead she was funny and strong together they were great and the parts of the book with them or Sundown and the rest of the dark hunters was like being in a fab Dark hunter book, you had the banter between the men and the action plus it was great to see Ash back in the book Nick pops up too, so for this I gave the book three stars but I had to drop two for the large parts that I found were TMI on mythology, for me it is so overpowering you lose parts of the story, I found myself flicking through big chunks which I hated doing but it honeslty gave me a headache trying to keep up, I hope the next Dark Hunter book whoever its is will be more like the old ones and less like this

Ren was an outcast among his people from the day he was born, he suffered rejection from his dad and his brother, and he suffered from a stutter that people tormented him about.

When finally Ren thought he had found someone to love him she turned out to be a evil cow! who leads him to make a bad choice and become possessed by The Grizzly Spirit, thousands of years later, he is still trying to right the wrongs of his past. Artemis, takes his soul and he becomes a Dark Hunter.

The latest in a line of Native American women with mystical powers, Teri has to keep closed a portal between humanity and hell. She never believed her grandmothers stories untill she is attacked in her lab and meets Ren, the same man she has been having visions of since her childhood.

This is a first for me normaly I give Sherrilyn Kenyons books full stars but not this time, this for me was the worst of the Dark Hunter series, I'll still be pre-odering her books as I am hoping me and mythology just dont mix and the next book ill be loving all the way after all after 22 books, one you dont like cant be bad!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit yawn..., 26 Aug 2012
No no no no no. I really don't like this Mayan/Native American mythology stuff. I found myself skipping paragraphs of it - especially during the first 1/2. These books are usually filled with history which is great as it sets the backdrop to a character but for me there seemed to be way too much of it in this story. So much so that it left very little room for the present day story to develop. I really would have thought that the possibility of the end of the world would make for more action but it was a minor sideline to lots of history and a naff bit of mills and boon romance. SK is one of my favourite authors and I don't like to be negative but this book was, for me anyway, the least enjoyable of all the dark hunter novels and rather boring. Sorry!

What a shame as I was so looking forward to it. I really hope that the next book gets back on track (I've certainly had enough of this type of mythology). I have given it 3 stars mainly because of the funny banter we get between the heros and also for an insight into Nick's emotions (he's a very likeable character in this book even if he's barely in it!)

4.0 out of 5 stars "Dark-Hunter" series book 22, 21 July 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Time Untime (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
SK delves back into a Native American theme in this book. Dark-Hunter Ren Waya has a history with the spirit world, and not a pleasant one as he was once used as a conduit to try to destroy the world. Now his old enemies are breaking free and perhaps he can find redemption if he manages to save mankind rather than destroy it. But he has only 11 days before evil is released into the world, and he must find and protect the Keeper who will save the day. He's had visions of her and is determined to do the right thing, even though in his visions she stabs him in the heart and leaves him to die.

Kateri Avani is the full blooded Cherokee cousin of Sunshine yet has no knowledge of the supernatural world until she is threatened and saved by a warrior she has dreamt will kill her. Yet she has no choice but to accept Ren's help and during their time together they learn to trust each other and fall in love. Yet the clock is ticking, and Ren is determined to ensure the safety of Teri and her success in preventing Armageddon, even if it means dying soulless to protect her.

Even after dozens of books, SK still manages to keep this series exciting. The level of action and adventure is great, as is getting re-acquainted with familiar characters who pop in to help. The dialogue is as sharp as ever and of course the love story between Ren and Teri is tender and passionate in all the right places. SK proves she still has plenty of steam left as she produces yet another Dark-Hunter winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to her usual standard, 18 Sep 2012
Mrs. T. Mclean (uk) - See all my reviews
Its a while since I delved into the Dark Hunter world, and I usually really enjoys the books. This one however quite frankly bored me. I found the main leads Teri and Ren very insipid.
Personally I found the others: Nick, sundown and Ash who made appearances more interesting!

I felt the whole book never really got going for me. Will I read the next one? Hmm it will depend on reviews, I wont just buy it because its a Dark Hunter book, she has lost my interest in this series for now......

2.0 out of 5 stars time rewind, 18 Oct 2012
I hope Sherrilyn reads this, I was one of her most loyal readers the next book was all that mattered. The Dark Hunter series was a brilliant concept I loved them all. But the last few books seem to be such a mish mash of drivel, is she even writing the books because read the first DH books with there humor and dialog and great plotting, I think not... She made me bring out my old rock albums to appreciate them again. But I won't be buying any more of her books for their ridiculous cost! I gave up my kindle and got this hard back version from the library just to see if it was worth the cost. It wasn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money. Confusing & contradictory, 10 Aug 2012
I am a great Sherrilyn Kenyon fan and pre-order her books as soon as I can. However, this was confusing and contradictory and so not worth the massive £8.49 I paid for the kindle version. I struggled to follow the first few chapters as Native American mythology was mixed with South American and Mayan in a combination of conversation, flashbacks and visions. Seemingly important things were brought into the story only to never be fully explained or referred to again. This is one of those books you read that you have to wonder if it was published only because SK has such a large following the publishers knew it would be bought however mediocre or expensive it was. This was the equivalent of a draft story that had been edited for typos but no one ever checked for plot consistency or clarity. Having re read the first few chapters several times I am still confused. I was confused as to what the time stone, the kininchi and the Seal of the Aunukutani were, by all the different changes of scenes that seemed to be poorly explained or justified and who some of the characters were, let alone how Teri could recognise the sound of spoken Mayan. How did Talon and Cabeza know she was the Ixkib (or ghighau as she was also known!) when the Guardians didn't? And no my questions don't stop there but continue right to the end.
My recommendation is you wait until the price has come down or borrow a copy if you must read it.

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter World)
Time Untime (Dark-Hunter World) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Paperback - 26 Mar 2013)