on 28 January 2013
This book has made an enormous difference to me. As someone who has always had food and body confidence issues I have always fallen into the diet binge/purge cycle. This book has helped me to understand why I feel the way I do and how to cope with overeating. It focuses not on the weight loss but instead on relationships with food and self esteem. This book is my bible and although this is a long journey I can see a huge difference in my mental outlook and habits.
on 24 September 2012
I loved the previous book by these authors (Beyond Chocolate) but this redefines the nitty gritty of how to not overeat, and more importantly, how to get to that point without having a diety backlash.
For the first time in my life I am starting to have confidence that I really can do this 'eating like a naturally thin person' thing!
on 14 September 2013
An excellent book. Clear, straightforward and insightful. Not patronising or dull. I read it in one go, it was so good, and have recommended it to others.
on 19 January 2014
wow, no more dieting. i have been following this now for about 2 years and i love it. freedom from dieting at last!
on 27 May 2013
a good book need to read with positiveness, keep at it until it makes sense and becomes second nature, can help
on 27 September 2012
Like the previous reviewers I had also read BC and found it a helpful adjunct in normalising food and eating. Beyond Temptation is more of the same so if you are new to the concepts then it will be fine but if you are familiar with BC then you may find it too repetitive to be of value. Indeed some of the narratives ( for example their own stories) are in both books as are chapters on stocking up, pausing and references to gremlins. They take as their underlying premiss that some women ( and so far the only references are to women)become trapped in cycle of diet/deprivation/bingeing which almost inevitably leads to weight gain and that the primary focus is to be able to see all foods as neutral in value rather than having some foods as seen as 'good' and others as 'bad'. Only when this happens, they argue, are we then free to develop a normal relationship food and exercise choice in what to eat - and not eat.
I liked parts of it and for those unfamiliar with the role of gremlins and their influence on behaviour there is a particularly helpful discussion. In conclusion Beyond Temptation is more likely to appeal to those who have not previously read the Boss sisters first book than to add anything to those already following the principles outlined in Beyond Chocolate
on 9 September 2012
Beyond Chocolate was completely life changing for me - literally. Using its ten simple principles I have gone from thinking about food all the time - worrying about what I would and wouldn't eat, what I could and couldn't eat, what I should and shouldn't eat to a relaxed and happy relationship with food. I live my life fully now and, mostly, eat whatever I want when I am hungry. Beyond Chocolate was so important for me that I decided to train as a Chocolate Fairy in 2007 and I run regular workshops for women in London. Beyond Temptation is related and different. It describes how to stop overeating in simple, easy to understand steps and as it does so tells the stories of ordinary women in a warm, accessible way. So much of what I have experienced in my journey from overeating is described here. I love it. For anyone who overeats and doesn't want to this is a life-changing book. Read it!
on 29 September 2012
I've been working on my overeating for about seven years and have always found beyond chocolate an excellent starting point. This takes things a step further.

It's like the missing link for me. I was always a bit unsure about the gremlin (the voice in your head encouraging you to eat) and whether I was really doing stuff right but the examples of the women's progression really helped. I'd definitely recommend this book, it's a step beyond the basic ten principles but certainly for me helpful for where I've been going. Very helpful and well worth buying.
on 12 October 2012
I have read Beyond Chocolate and really enjoyed it and try as hard as I can to follow the principles in order to have a better relationship with food. Beyond Temptation is an interesting read particularly the section on how to deal with your internal Gremlin and thus try to stop self-sabotage. However there is repetition which detracts from the book if you are already a follower of the Beyond Chocolate idea.
Overall though worth reading if you are STILL trying to get off the yo-yo dieting rollercoaster.
on 11 January 2014
I think this book is helpful. It goes into depth about overeating and gives you useful advice on how to deal with your overeating. It talks about the reasons why you overeat and that we should look at ourselves and see why we overeat. This has helped me to understand my overeating. I don't do it as much as before but I understand why I do it. If you want to stop overeating, this is great to read.