5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, practical tools to stop overeating
I loved the previous book by these authors (Beyond Chocolate) but this redefines the nitty gritty of how to not overeat, and more importantly, how to get to that point without having a diety backlash.
For the first time in my life I am starting to have confidence that I really can do this 'eating like a naturally thin person' thing!
Published 19 months ago by Skippy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if new to Beyond Chocolate
Published 18 months ago by peggysue23

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, practical tools to stop overeating, 24 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A Game Changer, 28 Jan 2013
This book has made an enormous difference to me. As someone who has always had food and body confidence issues I have always fallen into the diet binge/purge cycle. This book has helped me to understand why I feel the way I do and how to cope with overeating. It focuses not on the weight loss but instead on relationships with food and self esteem. This book is my bible and although this is a long journey I can see a huge difference in my mental outlook and habits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible, moving, practical, honest, 8 Jan 2013
Beyond Temptation is the natural progression of Sophie and Audrey Boss's first, radical book, Beyond Chocolate. It's more practical than Beyond Chocolate, with tools that can help any woman unhappy about her relationship with food, eating and her body, but it is written in the same informal and accessible tone that made Beyond Chocolate such a success.

The Boss sisters know what they are talking about and they write from the heart. I really felt like they understood me and my messy, complicated (and sometimes self-destructive) relationship with food.

I can't recommend Beyond Temptation enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow up to Beyond Chocolate their previous book., 24 Dec 2012
I would recommend this book to anyone who struggles with their weight and who is fed up with having to diet all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars one step beyond, 29 Sep 2012
A. J. Caller "Alison" (Bolton) - See all my reviews
I've been working on my overeating for about seven years and have always found beyond chocolate an excellent starting point. This takes things a step further.

It's like the missing link for me. I was always a bit unsure about the gremlin (the voice in your head encouraging you to eat) and whether I was really doing stuff right but the examples of the women's progression really helped. I'd definitely recommend this book, it's a step beyond the basic ten principles but certainly for me helpful for where I've been going. Very helpful and well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 27 May 2013
a good book need to read with positiveness, keep at it until it makes sense and becomes second nature, can help

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Temptation, 3 Feb 2013
Have already read Beyond Chocolate - this book really addresses the issues around overeating. It is well worth a read after the first book as it explores specific overeating issues in more detail. Very well written, with personal stories and plenty of tips and advice. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it!, 9 Sep 2012
S. Layton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Beyond Chocolate was completely life changing for me - literally. Using its ten simple principles I have gone from thinking about food all the time - worrying about what I would and wouldn't eat, what I could and couldn't eat, what I should and shouldn't eat to a relaxed and happy relationship with food. I live my life fully now and, mostly, eat whatever I want when I am hungry. Beyond Chocolate was so important for me that I decided to train as a Chocolate Fairy in 2007 and I run regular workshops for women in London. Beyond Temptation is related and different. It describes how to stop overeating in simple, easy to understand steps and as it does so tells the stories of ordinary women in a warm, accessible way. So much of what I have experienced in my journey from overeating is described here. I love it. For anyone who overeats and doesn't want to this is a life-changing book. Read it!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if new to Beyond Chocolate, 27 Sep 2012
Like the previous reviewers I had also read BC and found it a helpful adjunct in normalising food and eating. Beyond Temptation is more of the same so if you are new to the concepts then it will be fine but if you are familiar with BC then you may find it too repetitive to be of value. Indeed some of the narratives ( for example their own stories) are in both books as are chapters on stocking up, pausing and references to gremlins. They take as their underlying premiss that some women ( and so far the only references are to women)become trapped in cycle of diet/deprivation/bingeing which almost inevitably leads to weight gain and that the primary focus is to be able to see all foods as neutral in value rather than having some foods as seen as 'good' and others as 'bad'. Only when this happens, they argue, are we then free to develop a normal relationship food and exercise choice in what to eat - and not eat.
I liked parts of it and for those unfamiliar with the role of gremlins and their influence on behaviour there is a particularly helpful discussion. In conclusion Beyond Temptation is more likely to appeal to those who have not previously read the Boss sisters first book than to add anything to those already following the principles outlined in Beyond Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Something to think about, 24 Nov 2012
I borrowed this from the library and then decided to buy it. It has given me something to think about and a new awareness of my eating habits. Since I quit smoking, eating has become an issue and consequently, my weight has been all over the place. The book has helped me to revisit my eating patterns and come to terms with the fact that I'm not a pathetic blob who can't manage to keep my weight under control! I have thought for a long time that my problems were around my relationship with food rather than food per se, so it was comforting to know that other people have not only dealt with the same issue, but actually succeeded. I am working through Chapter 3 and things are still up and down but I feel I know have some sort of framework to look at what I'm doing and change my behavior around food. I have also bought the previous?/companion? book beyond chocolate and I am slowly changing my relationship with food and not worrying too much about weight. I'm still not great around food, so I reread bits of both books until I feel I have got things in perspective again.

This book may not be for everyone and it's certainly not a magic pill that will make everything better, but it has helped me. If you're not sure, join your local library, borrow the book and see if it works for you before buying it. That way everyone wins!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaf5afa2c)

Beyond Temptation: How to stop overeating and feel normal and in control around food
6.79