5.0 out of 5 stars A must read
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by uvox4

3.0 out of 5 stars A spin off book from an appearance on Oprah Winfrey
The Author and ghost/co-writer did a great job. I enjoyed the book, although I do wonder if 'artistic licence' was used in the recollection of events. I read the hundreds of pages and all the time there was reference to how significant the Oprah show had been and how it gave such insight and new information into the abuse she had suffered as a child. I felt sure that...
Published 17 months ago by butterfly garden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: All Of Me: My incredible true story of how I learned to live with the many personalities sharing my body (Paperback)
I had real trouble putting this book down. It is an inspirational story of a woman who appears to have been misunderstood throughout her entire life due to having DID until she finally met her therapist amongst other professionals who have helped her and her personalities come to terms with DID (some personalities still don't recognise the illness). The book has been fantastically written, it is open, honest and easy to understand (what is quite a complex subject). It has made me laugh - "Kim Noble" has a magical sense of humour, it has also made be cry, it has made me understand an illness that I knew very little about before.

Many of the personalities are very good artists too. My favourite pictures are those pictures by Patricia.

5.0 out of 5 stars All of Me: The Incredible Story of How I Learned to Live with the Many Personalities Sharing My Body, 13 Nov 2011
I loved this reading this book for so many reasons; firstly, the way it was written - for a subject so confusing and difficult to understand, the writing style made it easy to understand how DID can exist and be undetected for so long. Whilst the subject can be off putting, the writer made it deep and philosphical when it needed to be, and laugh out loud funny at times - people on my train did give me some funny looks! Secondly, the book made you totally feel for the main character Patricia and understand how DID impacted on her life in so many ways - and also for her family as well. I learned a lot about a taboo subject and how without the support and understanding of key people in her life it could have ended so differently. As for the paintings, this just makes this 'story' even more amazing! Imagine being able to have so many artistic talents in one body as well as being a single parent too?!
I would totally recommend this book(as I have been doing) to everyone I talk to. Unlike other true life stories this one was not depressing to read, it didn't pull unnecessarily at the heart strings and it certainly did not make me feel 'lucky' to have lived my life relatively 'easy', what it did do was educate me about a subject I knew nothing about, introduce me to art in a way that touches real life and lead me to finding out more about an incredible woman. Kim&Co - you are ALL Amazing! Good luck with the art.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 15 Nov 2011
Very good book, once started you cannot put it down. The book is well written and takes you on a journey through her life. the book helps you to have a understanding what she has been through. well done for coming through it.Kim is a a great person and love her art work

4.0 out of 5 stars Kim Noble...All of Me, 13 Nov 2011
I have to admit that I was expecting a lot from this book...and it delivered. After seeing Kim's interview on Oprah, I was impressed with her frankness and honesty so wanted to see how well the book was written. I thoroughly enjoyed the book despite realising how distressing it must have been to be accused over and over of something you truly believed you hadn't done but in spite of that, it was still uplifting and not overly dramatised which was refreshing. Great job Kim, you write just as beautifully as you speak. All of Me: My Incredible Story of How I Learned to Live with the Many Personalities Sharing My Body

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness!!, 13 Nov 2011
This is by far one of the best book that I have read. This is the only book I got to the end of, apart from the last Harry Potter book! It's pure awesomeness! I couldn't put it down. The only times I had to force myself away was when I have to go to Uni - and even then I was still reading it during lectures! And also when Celebrity Juice was on! This book is a definate page turner. It's brilliantly writtern and paints such a vivid image in your head. It's certainly worth buying. Buy it for your friend, Mum, Dad, Grandparents, your goldfish! They will all enjoy the book :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 7 Nov 2011
Mrs. Michelle Bragger "Braggerbunch" (Braintree, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
One of the best books I've ever read - disturbingly brilliant, inspirational story, educational, beautifully written. Almost impossible to imagine just what this incredible woman has been through...can't recommend enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars freaking ace!!, 23 Nov 2011
I randomly came across Kim on the internet one day and was shocked and intrigued at the same time. I had the most awesome pleasure meeting Patricia at one of her exhibitions and was blown away! She's so awesome and tiny and such a down to earth normal person! Reading her book literally took me about 36 hours; once I started I couldn't put it down. I love her sense of humour and her perspective on events. The creativity in her work astounds me every time, the vast difference between the styles and subject matters of the alters! This book has been recommended by me to pretty much everyone I know; it deserves to be a huge best seller like the biggest in the world!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars All of Me - Kim Noble, 28 Jan 2012
I found "All of Me" to be utterly fascinating, and achingly sad at times. As a reader one was drawn into the mystery and confusion of Kim's growing up (and the fear!). And one became educated as she did. What an amazing person; what courage; I was awe-struck by it all. I thought the ghost writing was quite skilful - struck the right tone. Well done to all involved. (I passed it on to a friend, who has had a career as a primary school teacher, and she found it as compelling and fascinating as I did.)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating story, 20 Nov 2011
Peter Worthington (bromsgrove uk) - See all my reviews
The book is a fascinating and challenging story. I had a roller-coaster of emotions reading it, from anger at what happened, and a sense of awe that she had coped. For any professionals interested in MPD or DID, or therapists it is an essential read.

5.0 out of 5 stars all of me kim noble, 28 Oct 2011
I loved this book.couldnt put it down.this is a true story of a woman called kim noble who shares her body with many personalities.the dominant one patrica tells the story of there lives.Her therapist has told her about them as she has no memory of them and has never met them.They were created to protect her from the memories of abuse.They all have names.When she was younger they would switch from one to another depending on the situation she would find herself in.Some were out more than others.Each time they switched the new personality had no memory of how she had got where she was and why she was there.Patricia has big parts of her life missing.She was in and out of instituations at different times in her life for various reasons.When you read it it gives you an insight into how the system worked then.I hope it has changed now At times it was shocking how she was treated.One of the personalites dawn gave birth to a baby called sky.The social services took her away.Patrica has no memory of this.Bonny took over after that and fought the system and got the baby back.She is called Aimee now.
Later in life through therapy she learned she had a disorder called DID.It took her a while to accept it and now the dominant personality Patrica is there more than the others.I cried at the end when Patrica fought them to have the care order lifted and won.I was so pleased for her.
An incredible and facinating story.Thanks Patricia i really enjoyed it.best wishes to you and Aimee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›