Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 September 2010
Book 5 in the Demonica series

If you like Kresley Cole & Lynn Viehl, you will like this & Larisssa Ione (aka Sydney Croft) tis my guilty pleasure.

Sin is the only female succumbus Seminus demon, she's a master assassin & as we saw in the previous book Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica Novel) she started a warg (werewolf) virus which kills indiscrimanantly within 72 hours, albeitly by accident.The brothers in UG, Sin & Con are trying desperately to to find an antidote.

Her love interest, half werewolf half vampire, Conall Dearghul is one tempting beast, who is prone to blood addiction & it just so happens it is Sins blood that has him hungering for more as much as he tries to fight it, it's fun reading the emotional intensity & witty banter, thats both adversarial & full of humour. It's also enjoyable watching Cons downfall, as Con was a a pig in the previous book towards Sin.

Sin who is cold, unfeeling always always holds back & becomes a challenge to Con, he can't help but to chip away at her walls & emotional defenses.

They are both in danger and are being manipulated mercilessley by the Warg, Vampire & Assassins . Each have their own reasons to see both Sin & Con dead, even maybe to start a war if their manipulations bear fruition.
I do not want to give away any spoilers, so I will leave it there.

It's action packed, entralling with an intense story line which takes you through the Demonica world at a fast pace. You also catch up with previous
characters, new characters plus a teaser for her new book which a spinoff off from Demonica called Eternal Rider: Lords of Deliverance Series: Book 1

Better than chocolate. Loved it.
on 10 September 2010
I have to agree with "Vamp" Sin undone was fast paced and down right entralling. I ended up reading the book in 2 sittings it was that addictive. A weekend of my life gone and would gladly do it again. That is how good Sin Undone was.

I just love Larissa Ione's writing style. There never seems to be a dull moment in this series. I also love the fact she always brings the characters from previous books back in the plot and gives you little updates on how they are and what they are doing.
The ending of Sin Undone was perfect. There was no "eh!, What?" I was left with a feeling of complete "awww!"

Brilliant, Excellent and you'd be mad not to buy this one.

Lovers of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Nalini Singh, Raven Hart, Kresley Cole, Christine Feehan, JR Ward etc etc will absolutely love this Series
on 12 September 2010
This is the fifth and final novel in Ione's series (although she is doing a follow on related series next). The best thing about Iones books are the men - alpha, flawed, funny, masculine, I could go on and on. Could Ione do the same with a female lead, given that she is a sex demon and women who sleep around are much harder to make symphathetic heroines than the men (double standards, I know).
But she did.

Sin was strong, sassy, in-your-face, take no prisoners, "give me sex now" type but Ione makes her still vulnerable and believable (as much as a half demon can be!). She had a good match in Con, maybe not the strongest of hero's but following the 4 brothers, this was always going to be a hard act to follow.

All the brothers appear, Wraith funny as always, E the stalwart, I adore them all.
I would liken these books very much to Sherrily Kenyon (but better written) and J R Wards BDB books (but a bit funnier and not so dark).

READ THEM ALL!
on 12 December 2010
If you are a fan of the Larissa Ione's Demonica Series and the Sem Brothers; Eidolon, Shade, Wraith and Lore, and their fantastical world that revolves around Underworld General, you will be pleased to hear that the fifth novel in the series, and first to feature a female lead maintains the excitement, tension and great storytelling that has characterised the series. Sin is an Assassin master, unwitting source of a plague killing off the werewolf population, and the only known female seminus demon. You could be forgiven for thinking that it would be an uphill struggle to write the character as a sympathetic and appealing one, given her day-job as an assassin and her need to have sex(very)often to survive. Enter Con, the halfbreed Vampire Werewolf paramedic with pressing problems of his own, history with Sin, and a predisposition to hate her for being the source of the Were plague and you have an exciting, steamy and entertaining story. My only slight reservation would be the slightly spurious inclusion of a character or two from the forthcoming Lords of Deliverance series, which I think were slightly shoe-horned in. My overall rating, though? Super steamy, fast paced and spot-on for any fan of Paranormal romance. Best read with a glass of wine in a warm bubblebath.
on 5 February 2012
Sin Undone is the final story in the Demonica series and is the tale of Sinead aka Sin and Conall aka Con. Sin is the assassin sister that defies all laws, a female seminus succubus that shouldn't exist and with her deathly touch can give an entire race a disease that will make them extinct. Con is half vampire half were and his kind are powerful yet with only a couple of tastes of someone's blood can become extremely addicted and deathly.

This book is everything that you would expect from Ms. Ione, there is compassion, vengeance, violence and enough sexual tension that leads to erotic passion that no demon can withstand. The story has suspense and there are stories running parallel to the main theme which keep the momentum going and makes this read yet another unputdownable book.

Being the end of the series, don't expect any questions that you may have for the much loved Demonica characters to be answered, this story does end the series well but if you want to know more about how your favourite characters end up, you need to go on Ms. Ione's website and read Demonica: Overkill.
on 24 May 2012
Is this the end of the Demonica series?! I hope not (and shall be trawling the Iones website right after this post). Anywa, so far I've loved the books in the series and was looking forward to this book. Having now read it I can sa it was worth the wait. High action, multiple character involvment, misunderstandings, a strong werewolf angle and a disease set to wipe out a whole species... not a dull moment in sight!

I like SIn as a character, she's a very strong person but with just enough trouble in her past to, at times, make her vulnerable. Love her intereactions wtih her brothers and her wit.

Overall a great read!
I am a massive fan of Larissa Ione's books, I love her Demonica series and have been really enjoying the Lords of Deliverance books too so I have no excuse for why I hadn't read Sin Undone before now. This is a pivotal book that ends the Demonica series and leads into the Lords of Deliverance books so I knew I'd picked up spoilers by reading Eternal Rider first and I think that's why I held off for so long. Anyway, if you're going to read the last book in a series you want to it to go out on a high note, I know a lot of the characters make appearances in the spin off but this is really the book that ties things up nicely for the Seminus brothers and their rather unique sister Sin. Luckily Larissa Ione always manages to exceed my high expectations so I loved Sin's story.

Sin is the only female Seminus demon and although she is close to her twin brother Lore she has never wanted to get to know their other brothers Eidolon, Shade and Wraith. She brushes them off like she doesn't care but in reality she is scared to let them in, she has been through so much in her past that she is nervous about letting anyone get close enough that they could hurt her. Although she acts like a tough master assassin (and in many ways that's exactly what she is) she is also surprisingly vulnerable and my heart went out to her. She took on the role of master assassin at the end of Ecstasy Unveiled so that Idess wouldn't have to and now she is stuck in a job she never wanted and has to die to get rid of. She also finds herself forced into close contact with Eidolon as he tries to find a cure to the werewolf plague she started by accident with her Seminus "gift".

Half vampire and half werewolf Con has been asked to ensure that Sin helps discover a cure to the plague and then he must bring her in for punishment. There may be chemistry between them but Con believes that she started the plague on purpose and is disgusted with her because of it. But no matter how bad his opinion of her is he still finds the lure of her blood irresistible and quickly finds himself verging on a blood addiction. I loved the banter between Con and Sin from the beginning but I really loved how Con breaks down her walls and sees the person she tries to keep hidden from the world. He sees the vulnerable and soft side of her and he falls for her because of it. The couple are so well suited and I loved the way they worked through their problems so they could be together.

With Sin being a succubus who needs regular sex to survive Larissa Ione doesn't skimp on the sex scenes in Sin Undone but they don't overtake the storyline and we get plenty of action alongside the steam. We also get to catch up with the other brothers and their respective mates, as well as some of the other side characters we've come to know so well and paramedic Luc gets a little romance of his own. I love the way the author manages to include so many different plot threads without them ever overtaking the main couple's story - they just compliment it and make the book an even more satisfying read. If you haven't read anything by Larissa Ione yet then I can't recommend her highly enough but I would definitely suggest starting with the Demonica series and then moving onto the Lords of Deliverance books afterwards so you can watch the full back story unfold without picking up spoilers.
on 5 September 2014
So far the Demonica novels have been excellent. Sin's story is quite captivating too, especially as she felt responsible for breaking one of the seals, which was trigger of the Apocalypse.

The novel was action packed. I liked the way she was protected by her brothers and the way everything came together during this ongoing battle between good and evil. It's a great story line and held everything I like about a book.

Fully recommend to Demonica Fans and I look forward to the next one.
on 3 August 2011
Book 5 and the last in the Demonica series. Sin and Conall's story.

As we know from the previous book Ecstasy Unveiled: A Demonica Novel: Book 4 Sin hasn't had it good in her life and she also unintentionally set off a virus in werewolves (wargs) that is killing them quickly, although Eidolon is trying to come up with a cure it isn't looking too good. Conall is half vampire and half werewolf and also charged with bringing Sin before the Council to face punishment for the virus. But as we know Con and Sin aren't strangers they shared a sexual encounter that's left Con wanting more of her blood and body. He realises that he is her only hope and that saving her life may mean the end of his own..

What I love about this series is that each character is unique and special in there own way and that the past characters are still very prominent within each new book. Sin's kick ass attitude is a lot like Wraith! I will admit the ending made me shed a tear. The intro to the spin off series is also in there bringing in The Four housemen of the apocalypse. Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance 1) i'm currently reading this and so far promises to be as good as this series. Happy reading :)
on 7 January 2011
LI's imagination is pretty kooky and I am a big fan of this series. I think the world that LI has created is unique, interesting and offers some very entertaining escapism. While I was initially wary of getting into a world with such diverse and crazy demon species, the character development is strong enough to suck you in - especially with the Brothers - and I've been converted.

Sin Undone is focused around Sin and Con's love story and I liked both characters before the book came out, so was looking forward to it. I wasnt disappointed. The story made me even more sympathetic to Sin and certainly more envious of her relationship with Con who is yummy. Unlike much other paranormal romance, there is no cookie-cutter Alpha male posturing in this series which is a nice change. There are most certainly strong males but equally strong female characters.

LI's world is ulitmate excapism. Its different and very hard to compare it to other series. It's not quite up there with Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling or JR Ward's BDB but it's a good read and I recommend it. Start at the beginning though and Sin Undone will be an entertaining read!