on 9 February 2016
This book it AMAZING. It saved my marriage. It made me see things from a different angle, this helped me to change the way I reacted to things. My husband also read the book and for it very informative and it has also changed the way he deals with the things I do and say. It gives you more of an understanding of each other. Don't hesitate buy it now .
on 12 December 2013
Easy enough to read, but I'm sure the book could be half the size or even smaller. It's a single idea, that's been padded out well. There are lots of examples but they feel rather artificial, and a bit motherhood-and-apple-pie. The idea that a relationship is a dance starts to grate after a while too.
on 16 June 2012
Easy to follow and practical self help book by distinguished clinician clearly spelling out how modern developments in attachment theory can be put into practice by distressed couples.
on 10 November 2013
This is an excellent book, based on the ideas of adult attachment in relationships. It s a very accessible book if you re looking for ways of being more connected in your relationship and to explore ways of breaking unhelpful patterns.
on 28 February 2015
This combines some introduction to attachment theory and case studies which open up thinking about how attachment plays out in adult relationships. Really interesting and helpful book, but not suggesting a quick fix.
on 5 July 2014
I have read a number of these books as a result of a traumatic separation and this one, recommended by my therapist Helen Mia Harris (also highly recommended) is the best I've read yet. Lots of real examples that I could relate to, easy to read. A self-help book I found difficult to put down and it has also had a profound effect on my wife. A must read for anyone going through relationship pain.
on 12 April 2016
This book is truly inspirational and has changed how I work as a couple therapist, exceptional and I would recommend anyone to read it as even the best marriage can be boosted by the advice in here
on 27 October 2013
Although a bit slow at times, with lots of cases, the message is pretty clear, and it sure helps your relationship once you come to understand what both partners want to get out of a relationship.
on 3 March 2013
The item arrived quickly and in good condition. It is very easy to understand and I would recommend it to all couples to help them build a loving relationship which truly will last forever.
on 10 February 2016
A good summary of other books