4.0 out of 5 stars Review from The Word Fiend
**Warning: As this is the second book in the series this review may contain spoilers for those who have not read the first one, Eternal Rider.**

Published on 12 Jan. 2012 by Shelagh

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 2
Published 22 months ago by smallbananasd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from The Word Fiend, 12 Jan. 2012
Shelagh (South Africa) - See all my reviews

Before I'd finished the first twenty pages of Immortal Rider I was already completely hooked on Larissa Ione's world of Horsemen, angels, demons, shape-shifters and gifted humans. This may be the first of her books I have read, but it definitely won't be the last.

Immortal Rider's cover is attractive and eye-catching. The black and white image is an effective counterpoint to the violets and oranges used for the title and author's name. The writing lures the eye in and the figures of Limos and Arik keeps it there. Two details stood out for me - Arik's dogtags and the tattoo of a set of scales on Limos' shoulder. Both of these details are important to the characters and tie in nicely with their story.

While Immortal Rider is the second book in the series, I didn't have any trouble following the story and I am definitely planning on going back to read the first book, Eternal Rider. This series is set in the same world as Ione's hugely successful Demonica series and I have to compliment her on the detail and texture she brings to her books. She manages to pull elements from paranormal romance and urban fantasy and weave them together into something new and worth exploring.

Larissa Ione writes with confidence and I was impressed with her ability to handle multiple characters and storylines without the reader feeling confused. It is a real talent and allows her to create plots that impact the world as a whole and not only one or two characters. It also means that characters from previous books in the series are not dismissed from the overall story once they have had their book. And considering the characters that Ione has created that is most definitely a good thing.

The two central characters in Immortal Rider are Limos, the Horseman who will become Famine in the Apocalypse, and Arik, a human soldier who belongs to a unit in the military specialising in the paranormal. I wasn't overly fond of Limos, but that was more of a personality "clash" than anything else. I could understand her motivations and actions, but I just didn't really like her much. But it is a mark of Ione's skill as a storyteller that that didn't stop me from enjoying the book. I liked Arik from the first page - he's loyal, protective and caring. In many ways he is a balance to Limos. The relationship between Limos and Arik was layered and I always appreciate that - while physical attraction is important it can't be the whole basis for a relationship and Ione's shows us that there is more.

Immortal Rider is a sexy paranormal romance set in a rich urban fantasy setting and will leave fans and new readers alike smiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Immortal Rider: Number 2 in series (Lords of Deliverance) (Paperback)
I loved this second book in the series. It was nice to revisit some of the other characters from the Underworld General. This book is full of surprises too. Whilst Reseph is still causing havoc, his two brothers and his sister Limos are doing their best to avoid the impending doomsday.

At the same time Aric falls for Limos who is engaged to Satan and Aric is only human. Limos and Aric to get through so many difficult encounters, it's impossible to guess what is going to happen next.

Whilst I thought that the first book, which was the story of Ares aka War was excellent, Immortal Rider is definitely a ride worth taking. I now look forward to read the third book.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Lords of Deliverance" series book 2, 27 Dec. 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In book 2 of this supernatural romance series, the only female Horsemen of the Apocalypse takes a lead. Unlike her brothers, Limos (aka Famine) grew up in the demon world, completely aware of her future participation in ending the world and her role as Satan's consort. She's still looking for her seal; a small cup that could transform her into Famine intent on destroying the world, but she's also dodging Satan who still views her as his soon to be bride.

When Limos meets human Arik, she ends up breaking his ribs. He's not too put off, snatching a quick kiss when he can. Of course his actions drag him immediately to Hell to be tortured until he speaks Limos' name; a requirement needed by Satan before he can snatch his fiancée from the mortal realm.

Expect the same level of action, passion and twisting plots that weave together to produce a truly breath-taking finale. The relationship between Limos and Arik had me in stitches in places, whilst at other times I despaired they could ever have a happy future together. Amid their blossoming relationship, the war between good and evil has escalated. Pestilence is doing a good job trying to doom the world, but there are handfuls of human and supernatural beings who will sacrifice what they must to save the day. This series continues to be a thrilling read and a must for fans of supernatural romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than book 1, plus we get to see characters from the Daemonica series, 30 Nov. 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This book for me tops everything I've read by this author. It had it all, a great tale that was packed full of: lies, deception, guilt, humour, love, forgiveness, betrayal, a wedding, great characters, a baddy who I can't bring myself to hate, as I know he's going to get his come-uppance, in what should be a hell of a tale, and it's not all his fault, some hot sex, torture, and a wedding. Oh, and demons and hellhounds and vampires, so what more could I want?

It's a really fast-paced tale that takes place immediately after book 1 ends, and starts and ends with several bangs, mostly of the nice variety! What Arik goes through in the name of love makes him so deserving of his mate and his HEA, and I found this so much more emotional and romantic than perhaps all the other tales in this 'world'. On top, we get to see the beginning of the next tale in the series, which starts with yet another bang of the nice variety, which could have sweet but devasting consequences. From what went on in here between the leads of said next tale, and from the sneak peak that's included at the end, I have a feeling that that's going to top this one.

I always love it when you get to see characters from other books that have come before having their HEA, and LI does not disappoint, as we see Wraith, Runa, Shade, Kynan and catch up with what's been happening with them. On top, a couple more characters from previous books get fleshed-out, and so I'm hoping that when this quartet ends, LI will start another side-series with them.

This is a really great tale that I loved, and which is a contender for my fave book of 2011, the other being Succubus Revealed.

4.0 out of 5 stars immortal rider book 2, 14 Jun. 2012
This is the second in the set. I enjoyed the antics of Limos (one of the horsemen), but I didn't think it was as good as the first. Anyway there's still a good story and it follows on well from the first. There's quite a lot of characters and it takes some keeping up to. There is more fighting than sex in this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Immortal Rider, 26 Nov. 2011
Lisa F (Oldham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This follow up to Eternal Rider is one of the best books I've read for a while. A book to read in one sitting if you can- I found myself reading until the early hours of the morning, unable to put it down. This book is better if you have read the Demonica series, and Eternal Rider- the first in the Immortal Rider series because there is some crossover which enriches the storylines.

Action packed, perfectly paced, plenty of humour and just enough steaminess make this compelling reading. I particularly enjoyed seeing a different side to Arik than the one developed in Demonica and the main character, Limos is brilliant as the only female Horseman of the Apocalypse. She is a kick-ass heroine with a shady past that threatens to catch up with her. Despite her flaws,I found her quite endearing.

Definitely read this book- just make sure you have enough time set aside because I suspect you might be unable to put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars More please, 7 Nov. 2013
These books are wonderful. So engrossing forget the housework - it can wait! This fantastic series can't. I never want it to end!

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 2, 7 July 2013
I am a huge Larissa Ione fan but sadly I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others. It was a great plot but could have been delivered better. For me this book wasn't as fast paced as the others and the story line through out wasn't as strong. It seemed to flat line and I felt a bit cheated when I came to the end as there was no end peak, no build up, just this abrupt ending (although thankfully I was able to continue on with book three)

What kept me reading was the fact that Larissa makes you care about her characters, and despite this book not being as good as the others, her writing style keeps you hooked from the first few pages. I wanted to know the outcomes, but felt the filler in the middle was a bit disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The saga continues., 15 April 2013
Ms (OAKHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The saga of ‘The four horseman of the apocalypse’ fighting to save their souls and stop the end of the world continues. On this occasion to find a strong human male as the key hero was brilliant and in my opinion he definitely fulfilled the part to perfection.

A wonderful saga, and I would encourage anyone who loves this genera of fiction to purchase them all.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Mar. 2013
As usual another good read to take you away from it all, loving this series & enjoying the way the characters come together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Immortal Rider: Number 2 in series (Lords of Deliverance)
Immortal Rider: Number 2 in series (Lords of Deliverance) by Larissa Ione (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2011)