5.0 out of 5 stars Complex and brilliant.
Please don't read this without reading Book 1 - Jacob. Whilst it is stand alone, it makes more sense to read these in order. It's well written and pulls the reader in from page one.
Next time I want a paranormal romance, I'm going to dive into book 3
Published 21 months ago by Kryssie Fortune

2.0 out of 5 stars boring and slow
Published on 14 Oct 2012 by mari

2.0 out of 5 stars boring and slow, 14 Oct 2012
this book was so boring and slow getting started. i mean it took me up to page 78 to get interested in the story and even then i wasnt that interested or bothered about it. the characters were as boring as the story and there was not much dialogue,it was mainly just what the charcters were thinking. i was very disapointed with this book and think it was a waste of my money and will not be buying another from ths series. i thought i would enjoy it since i enjoyed jacobs book but obviously i didnt as you can tell, maybe im being a bit harsh with my review but i feel let down as i really wanted to enjoy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Nightwalkers" series book 2, 29 Jan 2014
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The second novel in this supernatural romance series centres on two demons who appeared significantly in book 1; the ancient and powerful Body Demon Gideon and Magdelegna (Legna) the Mind Demon whom Isabella saved during a Summoning. Despite knowing each other for centuries, both have steered clear of each other for a variety of reasons. It is therefore somewhat of a surprise when they start to Imprint; developing telepathy and additional gifts as their relationship and feelings for each other strengthen. Yet Demon kind still have enemies waiting to pounce and they are targeting the weaker mortals; Isabella and her sister Corrine.

Considering there is a busy plot line, the pace of this book is somewhat slower than I anticipated. There are some exciting action packed moments, plus some very intriguing characters are developed further (namely shifter queen Siena and vampire prince Damien) yet the story line didn't engage me as much as book 1 "Jacob" did. Although I found Legna a great leading lady, I was left wondering why she initially masked how powerful she had become and also questioned why it took her and Gideon centuries to discover they were destined to be together. I did have issues with Gideon at times. His patronising behaviour is explained away due to his age and isolation, and although other characters that know and love him laugh off his attitude, it's a little off putting in a leading man until Legna softens his bluntness.

I still think this is an interesting supernatural romance, but it doesn't have that extra something that really snags my attention. I still however have high hopes and will pursue this series further. 3½ stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex and brilliant., 21 Jan 2013
Next time I want a paranormal romance, I'm going to dive into book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Gift., 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Gideon: Number 2 in series (Nightwalkers) (Paperback)
I chose a five star rating as I was asked to order this for my mother to give as a present. She has no internet and lives a good distance from myself. I ordered it and got it sent straight to her. Everything worked well - I received an email when it had been dispatched to her and was able to phone her and let her know the estimated delivery date to ensure she was there to received it. It arrived promptly and well packed. She and I were both pleased by the outcome - hence the 5 star rating.

I cannot comment upon the book, other than it is an author my brother loves and reads lots of.

3.0 out of 5 stars this is a re-issue, 24 Feb 2012
M. Heron "maryheron1" (liverpool england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gideon: Number 2 in series (Nightwalkers) (Paperback)
this is a very good book and part of the nightwalker series, but the whole series has been re-issued with new covers, so be careful, as you may find you have read this book in the past. it really annoys me that publishers do not indicate when a book is not a new book but an old book revamped,and you only know when you look at the publication info inside the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Are Demons really who we think they are?, 15 Jan 2012
fudggie girl (wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gideon: Number 2 in series (Nightwalkers) (Paperback)
Are Demons really who we think they are?I ask because this book is about beings called'Nightwalkers'proud ancient Demons who live in the shadows of the human world.
Gideon is a healer,the oldest surviving male of his species who 900 years ago during'Hallowed moons'claimed Magdelegna sister of the Demon king in a wild embrace.In shame at his actions he left her furious with him and has since exiled himself.Necromancers are the Demons'enemies who use black magic to hunt and harm them.It seems they are out to hurt Magdelegna and Gideon must help keep her safe but she hasn't forgiven him for leaving her frustrated all that time ago.It seems they are destined to be together but how can he help to save her if she distrusts him so much?
This is book 2 in the'Nightwalkers'series and i recommend you read them in order as there are alot of characters and different species to keep track of.I gave it 4 stars because i didn't enjoy it so much as alot i've read but the overall story is different than the usual vampire/warewolf books around at the moment.I have since read the next in the series'Elijah'which i enjoyed more.

Gideon: Number 2 in series (Nightwalkers)
Gideon: Number 2 in series (Nightwalkers) by Jacquelyn Frank (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)