5.0 out of 5 stars YUMMY!
We first encounter ZAREK in NIGHT EMBRACE, a sociopathic (his own words) Darkhunter with a chip on his shoulder large enough to break his back. This seems understandable when we learn of his upbringing; growing up a roman slave he is the whipping boy of a powerful family until he is sold into further slavery and degradation and later stoned to death for a crime he didn't...
Published on 4 Sep 2004 by Book Addict

3.0 out of 5 stars her writing is such that it draws you in
I was looking forward to this book because he was a character I wanted to see tamed, the kicked dog who was so broken and beaten that he couldn't trust anyone but then is 'nursed' back to sanity by the nymph Astrid.
As per Sherrilyn Kenyon's other books, it was your standard "unavailable boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love and have hot sex, boy and girl beat...
Published on 28 Nov 2010 by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!!, 26 Aug 2010
'Dance with the Devil' is Sherrilyn Kenyon's 3rd novel in the Dark Hunter Series and it is by far my favorite! Zarek's human life was one spent as a slave, full of torment and suffering and is consequently filled with rage, distrust and suspicion as a Dark Hunter.. Until he meets Astrid, the first person that see and treats him as more than just a slave.. What he doesn't know is that Astrid is in fact the daughter of a goddess, sent to judge him for his crimes. And the last thing she expects to find is a man who brings back the very feelings she was terrified she had lost.

This novel was just breath taking! I really FELT for Zarek and all that he had been through. I found myself wishing that I could jump into the book myself and help him! I think it really takes something to make a reader feel that way about a character and I am delighted that I found an author that has succeeded in making me feel so! I just loved both Zarek and Astrid and delighted in watching them together!

I think it's best to read the books in order, as it helps in understanding the world of the Dark Hunters, and this way you won't have to worry about being confused by reading things that were more fully explained in the previous books. The first book is called 'Night Pleasures' and 'Night Embrace' is #2. 'Fantasy Lover' is a prequel novel to the series which I think is definitely worth the read also. (Julian and Grace's story being my second favorite to this one!) Hope you enjoy these books as much as I am enjoying them!

5.0 out of 5 stars and so the mystery unravels..., 22 Nov 2003
The Dark Hunter series just gets better and better! "Dance with the Devil" more than surpass the last book and keeps you hungering for the next one. In short, a most intriguing book, an absolute 'must-read'.
Similar to the last one, this book has 2 main storylines: Zarek's story and more hints of Acheron's past. Zarek's tale is a wonderful story of suffering, humanity & learning the lesson of love and trust. Following from the last book, Zarek was to be executed for his transgressions eg drawing the media's attention and being a danger to everyone. His judge: Astrid (the justice nymph). Hint: they say justice is blind.
There is nothing stale or 'same old story line' about this book as the plot twists & turns and thickens.
As for Acheron, more hints were dropped about his past, his power & his twisted relationship with Artemis. A new character Simi, is also introduced (although Simi first appears in 'The Begining', read at Sherrlyn Kenyon's website). She never fails to bring a smile to the reader. At the end, one can't help but fall hopelessly in love with him, Acheron, the ultimate hero.
More Acheron please!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 30 Jun 2014
good book

5.0 out of 5 stars Zarek is one of my favourite Dark Hunters., 9 May 2014
He just seems like this lost little boy lashing out at everyone before they can hurt him. All wrapped up in this sexy bad boy Dark-Hunter package. He is someone who will go all out for those he loves even though he expects to pay for any kindness in the worst way. You can't help but get wrapped up in SK's world until you never want to leave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance with the Devil - Sherrilyn Kenyon, 8 April 2014
Mrs. P. M. Littlemore "Pauline" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I really like this book, in fact so much, I am buying the series one by one for my kindle. Highly recommended for light reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved it, 17 Feb 2014
Love the Dark Hunter series. If you enjoy one no doubt you will have to read them all. They are difficult to put down once you are hooked and you just have to move on to the we next. Better however to start at the beginning of the series although each book can be read individually.

5.0 out of 5 stars A barbarian tamed, 9 Feb 2014
In this book we learn why Zarek is so bitter and distant but as we learn more it becomes clear he is a very damaged person who has a core of good who just needs someone to believe its there.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this was a good book!, 20 Jan 2014
This was a purchase for someone and I have never read it, but it arrived on time and was at a good price so I don't want the sellers to loose out on a good rating for something I have not read, although the person who has, loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Dec 2013
Loved this book. Really quite emotional. I loved all the characters, this is the first book I have read from this series, easily followed and not confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars DH books, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
I love the Dark Hunter books Sherrilyn Kenyon is an amazing writer, definitely recommend to anyone who likes the world of Romance with fantasy and danger and delicious heroes

Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter World)
Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter World) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Paperback - 1 Sep 2011)
5.66