4.0 out of 5 stars azriel rocks
like robolus mum who is one of my fav. reveiwers i didnt really like the character risa in book one but i am glad i bought this one as the story is starting to gather pace now.
Published on 7 Mar 2012 by Marta Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved Reilly Jensen, can take or leave Risa Jones
Published on 6 Nov 2011 by ROROBLU'S MUM

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved Reilly Jensen, can take or leave Risa Jones, 6 Nov 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Darkness Rising: Number 2 in series (Dark Angels) (Paperback)
As with book 1 in this series, I picked this up as the author had promised glimpses of the characters that I'd come to know and love in the RJ series, but there are even fewer appearances in this one. That aside, the story does move on quite quickly from book1, but still, it's just about an OK read for me, not one that I could see myself reading and re-reading. A pity, as I really wanted to like Risa, the little girl loved by Reilly, and apparently educated in Aedh ways by Quinn..

The blurb on the back cover, which amazon for some reason hasn't bothered with, is as follows, and pretty much covers all of the tale:

Risa will go to any lengths to avenge a loved one's murder--even if it means making a pact with the most evil vampire she's ever met. Lethal and powerful, Madeline Hunter is leader of the vampire council, and will put her resources behind finding the killer--for a price. The venerable vampire requires the assistance of Risa's psychic powers. Quid pro quo. Someone or something is targeting the elders of the local council, cursing the immortal vampires to rapidly age, sink into madness, and die. Risa must track down the vengeful being responsible. But Risa's father, a rogue Aedh priest, also enlists her in a dangerous mission. And not even the great Madeline Hunter may be able to protect her from the shadowy forces that desire nothing less than Risa's destruction.

Why didn't I like it? There's far less 'human' warmth in this series, and there are not really any personal relationships, other than those with Tao and Illiana, Risa's friends and business partners, that count. Risa is sleeping with Lucian, a fallen Aedh, but again, it's for the sex only, there's barely anything more there, and how she can stand so firm about his character when his intentions are revenge - at all costs - is beyond me, as she doesn't know him other than in the biblical sense. There's also mention that Aedh cannot form loving or familial relations, which kind of briefly made me wonder what Reilly and Quinn have together, but then I recalled that he is only half Aedh, which perhaps his vampire half compensates for - ? Lucian is wholly Aedh, and Risa is half Aedh herself, so what might be in store for her is unknown, though apparently she longs for someone to love and understand her the way Quinn does Reilly. Really? How so, given that it all seems to be about lust and sex with her? As this book ends, she's beginning to have thoughts about Azriel, her guardian-reaper, who initially I did think would be her love interest, but clearly, love is not a prerequisite to the series or to Risa.

As to the next - I was interested enough to find out if my thoughts on Lucian from book 1, slightly consolidated in book 2, would be cemented in book 3, and from the blurb on the author's website, it seems as if I was right about him. His relationship with Risa to me seems more like that of Reilly and Kellen - just to fulfil a basic need, not for love, nor warmth, nor for anything lasting...I won'rt be buying it, as for me, the series is not a Keeper, but if it does come up at my library, I will check it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars azriel rocks, 7 Mar 2012
i never bought into the "relationship" with lucian and thought that her unwanted attraction to azriel could lead to better things and in this book we start to get a real feel for the nature of azriel who is one hot reaper. he clearly feels more for risa than he lets on. we start to see that he has a sense of humour that sometimes risa herself lacks and i like the fact that shes trying hard to deny she wants him. i feel that their interaction will soon start to smoulder if the author takes the direction that i think she might. how will she pull it off? thats going to take skill which keri arthur certainly has as shown in the riley jenson series.
after reading the truly awful mercy burns i nearly gave up on her but looks like she has got back on track.
give it a go

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness rising, 21 Jan 2014
Adventure romance entwined with fantasy . Magic and mythical creatures on a quest to save heaven and earth from dark blood magic. You won't want to put the book down . Not suitable for young children but older teenagers to oap,s

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 15 Oct 2013
I have continued with this serious, but still feel even book two has a lot of things repeated that I feel is not needed, I feel this lets it down, I love the storyline and characters and it does keep me reading at times I cannot put it down, I feel Risa has a lot to learn about people and relationships, I really do like Azriel I feel his character is very strong, not like Lucian where I feel the only time he is really discussed is to do with sexual relations between him and Risa, I also feel Risa lets people take a lend of her like the Vampire council and the Raziq, I feel she needs to be stronger and stand up for herself, I have enjoyed the books but the 4 stars are for the complaints I do have, but I have kept reading and am now onto book 3, so it is worth the read and has a lot of twists that keep you going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Rising, 2 Oct 2013
Read book one and loved it couldnt wait for book two.
I love this author she captures my attention, the story line is brilliant cant wait to read book three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Angel series, 19 Sep 2013
Very exciting books, holds me so I cannot put them down, and cannot wait for the next book to arrive

4.0 out of 5 stars dark angels, 5 July 2013
I did enjoy reading this book as I like the genre that it belongs to but I do not know if I will follow this series

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, 2 July 2013
After reading the first book I had to start this book, Risa is back and I'm so glad .I loved some old faces turning up recommended highly

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 23 Jun 2013
I definitely recommend buying this book. It was so easy to get into and very hard to put down. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Story, 5 April 2013
Book 2 of the Dark Angel series didn't disappoint. To give you some idea, I downloaded this to my Kindle about 5 hours ago and apart from a quick lunch break I read it straight through. It's another story full of action, angst and some (although admittedly not as much as usual) hot loving.
Thoroughly enjoyed this second instalment and am off to download book 3 right now.

Darkness Rising: Number 2 in series (Dark Angels)
Darkness Rising: Number 2 in series (Dark Angels) by Keri Arthur (Paperback - 25 Oct 2011)
7.99