4.0 out of 5 stars Finishes off the trilogy nicely
Published on 22 Aug 2002 by K. Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars You don't need magic to predict this ending...
A good book but if you have read the other 2 it becomes quite obvious how the ending pans out, the author's attempt at suspense isn't overly impressive and I knew what was going to happen. Although I don't regret reading this and Heaven and Earth I prefer Dance Upon the Air on its own as a novel. Good if you aren't looking for a challenging book to read.
Published on 10 Sep 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Finishes off the trilogy nicely, 22 Aug 2002
K. Newman "krazykmcd" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the third and concluding book to the Three Sisters Island trilogy, and is indeed a fitting rounding off of the series. Sam Logan has returned to the Island, and he has much to resolve about his earlier relationship with Mia. For her part, as we've seen in the earlier books, although she doesn't realise it Mia is very alone. She does not want to risk loving again - certainly she does not want to risk loving Sam again. Now it is Mia's turn to face her trial, in order that Three Sisters Island be saved.
I didn't find many surprises here - the threat is by this time well known, and identified to all. However as usual the writing was great, the romance part evenly developed and I identified with Mia's reluctance to turn a simple relationship into something more. I enjoyed revisiting all the characters and getting to know Sam. I don't know that I found his reason for absence convincing - yes for why he left, but not for why he stayed away so long. However, that aside, I enjoyed the way the Three were working together - or, as is pointed out during the course of the book, the Six. Seven, really.
I think that one should read the previous two books for maximum effect, although the previous stories are alluded to here. For me the most enjoyment was meeting the characters again - by this time they are almost like friends.
I also liked that Mia is the strongest witch, including... well, read it for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 29 May 2002
By A Customer
This is the third in the trilogy which began with Dance Upon the Air and Heaven and Earth. It rounds the story off well as we find out what happened between Mia and Sam. Each book can be read on its own. I liked this and Dance Upon the Air best but the character of Ripley in Heaven and Earth is strongest in my mind. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance and Magic, 8 July 2010
Lizzie (Newtownards Co Down) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Face the Fire is the final installment of the Three Sisters Island trilogy, which has followed the lives and fortunes of three magical sisters. This time it is Mia's story, probably the most powerful witch of the three women.

From the first two books we have learned that Mia has lived on Three Sisters island all her life. She fell in love there, built a business there and had her heart crushed when her lover deserted her. But she survived. She put all her energy into her business and honing her magical skills. She is a popular person on the island and she is not short of people who care for her, not least her two 'sisters' - Nell and Ripley.

But Sam Logan, the man who broke her heart, has returned to the island to win her back. But she has hardened her heart against him, and doesn't want to risk it getting broken once more. However, this is Mia's story, and the time has finally come for her to make her choice and face her demons. The future of her life and the very fate of the island depend on her and the choices she will make.

I thoroughly enjoyed this final book in the trilogy. It had the wonderful mix, of romance, magic, tension and great cast of characters.

Highly recommended:)

3.0 out of 5 stars You don't need magic to predict this ending..., 10 Sep 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect romantic read, 17 July 2014
J. A. Brown "Avid Reader" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Oh, I love this series! Each one in the trilogy was completely absorbing. There were moments when I wished the threat was a bit more dramatic, but that's a small quibble. I feel like I've lived on the island, and know all the characters. Writing this review a few weeks later, I can still picture Mia's house and garden, the small house in the woods that they all lived in at various times. Thoroughly enjoyable, really nicely written, great characters that become like friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great finale, 3 Jun 2014
A great final book to finish and cement this fantasy. A great trilogy to escape with and indulge ones quiet moments

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review, 5 May 2014
I loved this Trilogy, each book flowed into the next as one story but also stood up alone. This last one was like a warm hug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Face the Fire, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Face The Fire: Number 3 in series (Three Sisters Island) (Paperback)
Having read the other two in this trilogy was not disappointed in the last chapter of Three Sisters Island series.

5.0 out of 5 stars just magic, 3 Feb 2014
I need more of this ,fantastic what a writer,I kept ignoring her,thinking too prolific...bring it on now, I need more Norah

5.0 out of 5 stars Face the fire : three sisters trilogy : book 3 by nora roberts, 7 Dec 2013
Brilliant just as good as the first 2 books in the trilogy just could not put it down .highly recommend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Face The Fire: Number 3 in series (Three Sisters Island)
Face The Fire: Number 3 in series (Three Sisters Island) by Nora Roberts (Paperback - 4 Nov 2010)