5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence in Death by JD Robb
As usual, a heart stopping, well written book with enough romance to remind a woman of over 70 that her hormones are still in working order!! Looking forward to the next 'In Death' book already.
Published on 15 Dec 2010 by peggy rogers

This book was on offer at amazon for less than half the RRP, but I missed out on the offer by 24hrs, and was pretty bummed, but it was available without wait at my local library, and in the end, I am glad that I did not actually buy it, as it is not a Keeper.

Published on 21 Nov 2010 by ROROBLU'S MUM

5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence in Death by JD Robb, 15 Dec 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE Eve and Roarke, but this 38th outing felt a tad...stale? It's a take on a Beverly Barton novel., 21 Nov 2010
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

It started off great, and I thought that I'd be in for the type of novel that I like - where we catch up with the previous characters that we've come to know and love, where we see personal relationships and interactions, but it wasn't quite enough (for me at least) of that. The book starts off with Eve and Roarke on vacation for 2 weeks, in Ireland with his family, and with them about to set off for Italy. Eve does something really thoughtful (especially so for her, not that she's not nice or thoughtful, but that work is her only obession other than Roarke) for Roarke, which actually brought a lump to my throat and which made it clear that she is now really accepting of herself as his wife, and all that that word entails. Then, in rural everyone-knows-everyone Ireland, a murder takes place and Eve is suddenly off of vacation, though only temporarily, so I was still ok with the tale at this point.

Next, she's back in New York and immediately a murder ensues, which again, I am fine with - after all, this is what the series is about. What I am not fine with is that by the end of the third chapter, we'd been introduced to several so obvious coincidences, so much cliche'd, predictable 'over-reacting' and 'over-acting' from some of the suspects that Eve checked out, that I sussed who the baddie/s were and where this novel was going. This hasn't ever happened to me so quickly in a JD Robb tale before. And yes, we get told straight away who Eve suspects, and then it was just a tale of tying events of the past in with what's happening in the present. Immediately what came to mind is the two-story-arc by Beverly Barton, in her Griffin Powell series (sorry, can't remember the titles, though one may be Murder Game, clue's in the title for IID too), so I totally knew where this book was going.

We get to see very, very fleetingly Peabody and McNab, Feeney, Charles and Louise and Dr Mira, there's a touch of dialogue with Mavis in a telephone call, mention of Bella crawling now, but no Leonardo. What I would have liked to have seen more of is those personal relationships that we have come to love with the characters that have paired off. It seemed as if P&M's relationship was exactly the same as in the other books i.e. no progress, and whilst we see Charles making breakfast for Louise whilst helping Eve with the case, it would have been nice to know more about how this seemingly-mismatched couple are living their HEA. I'd have loved a shot of Eve with Bella now that she's getting about - it would have been a laugh a minute to see Eve's panic.

Overall, I still quite liked it - because it's an Eve and Roarke novel, but I am glad that I did not buy it. I have, however, ordered the Christmas novella (in THE OTHER SIDE), due out on 30/11/10, as that's in an antho with several other good authors, and generally re-sells well. However for hardbacks, i.e. the annual Nov and Feb releases (2011 seems to be an exception to this rule, as what is classed as book 39 releases in Feb, book 40 in June and book 41 in Nov), I will rely on my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Death Series, 12 Nov 2010
J.D. has done it again!This series featuring Eve & Roarke just gets better & better would recommend to anyone who enjoys an exciting, romantic and thrilling book I have kept the whole series and hav re- read from the first book (Naked in death )time and time again and now can not wait until February for the next release.

5.0 out of 5 stars always the best, 14 Dec 2010
J.D.Robb at her best.She never fails to bring to life all the characters in her books. I feel i am meeting my clever friends on the police force.She brings them all to life for me and i am sharing there good and hard times with them.i love the way she can spin a tale and keep me glued to the book-i never want to put it down-and see if i can pick up the clues and get the culprit before she tells me who it is. May she continue writing about Eve and Roarke and all the rest for a long time to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars indulgence in death, 19 Jun 2011
Rsandie "dufus" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indulgence In Death: 31 (Paperback)
not the greatest book in the series. Eve and Roarkes spark is definitely fizzling and the storyline seems a bit tired i usually cant put the books in this series down but have found this has taken me a long time to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Undulgence in Death, 10 Jan 2011
Oh my what a book, I knew I was getting this in my xmas stocking and couldn't wait.
but it was worth the wait. I really enjoyed this book and the although all the characters involved with the In Death series are there, its mostly Eve and of course the gorgeous Roarke. Couldnt put this book down, but at the same time needed to know how it would end. Hope I dont have to wait too long for the next.
Recommend this book for J.D Robb (Nora Roberts) readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars my obsession, 14 Dec 2010
Janet Dunmore "Netta Dunmore" (Kirkconnel. Scotland) - See all my reviews
It appears that I have an obsesion with J.D.Robbs books. I cannot wait till the next one comes out. It is like waiting to hear about the birth of another grandchild. So exciting both in the waiting and then the reading of all my favourite people, Keep writing Nora. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars book review, 11 Dec 2010
This book is by one of my favourite authors,J.D. Robb.
It did not disappoint,was interesting and exciting with some sex and violence.
I look forward to her further efforts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence in Death by J.D.Robb, 10 Dec 2010
JOAN M. TWIGGE "bookjoan" (Staffordshire UK) - See all my reviews
Dallas at her best again. Not as mysterious as usual, as we know the badies from the beginning, but a different twist, which Nora Roberts does so very well. Dallas and Rouke still sooo in love, great!

5.0 out of 5 stars pure indulgence, 24 Dec 2010
I adore these books and i am one of many who is constantly checking for the release date of the next instalment of eve and Roarke. J.D Robb continues to provide a mixture of death and love. This book builds further on eve and Roarke's relationship when two 'trust fund brats' decide to making killing people a competition and eve and the gang struggle to find the evidence and to convict them despite knowing from early on in the story who is guilty. This is especially hard for Roarke as one of the killings takes place on his fair ground. The victims are all individuals who have worked hard and earned their wealth, therefore making them 'unworthy' of their place within society in the eyes of the killers. Roarke's protective instinct appears when Eve becomes a target because of her relationship to him, as you can expect he doesn't take this calmly nor does he allow Eve to shut him out.

I also enjoyed the way Eve becomes 'softer' in this book, showing public displays of affection more easily both on and off the job and as always her banter with Summerset adds humour to the story. can't wait until the next instalment.

Indulgence In Death: 31
Indulgence In Death: 31 by J. D. Robb (Paperback - 24 Mar 2011)
7.99