Published on 9 May 2009 by Roroblu's Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!
Published on 4 Sept. 2009 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoping there's more of the same to come in CF's Leopard series..., 9 May 2009
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Burning Wild: Number 3 in series (Leopard People) (Paperback)
CF is an auto-buy, and I was impatiently waiting for this one, as she hasn't done a Leopard tale for some time. The book did not disappoint, and in some ways reminded me of Sherrilyn Kenyon's ACHERON, in the way that she laid it out i.e. part 1 - the beginning when we learn how Jake becomes the way he is and what he has endured, and part 2 - when he gets his HEA. Emma is a feisty female lead who gives as good as she gets and she is his complete opposite in personality, but Jake recognises early on why he is so attracted to her and that he loves her. The sex scenes are plentiful and scorching, so much so, that one in particular should come with a warning that it's more of the Ellora's Cave/Samhain/Berkeley Sensation type i.e. earthy, descriptive and more erotica than sensual. A wonderful tale, but perhaps not one that you'd want your mum to be reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner for Christine Feehan., 5 Jun. 2009
Mrs Christine Feehan always surprises with her twists and turns in her books. For lovers of paranormal romances this is a must. The heroine is left a pregnant widow after the heros, also pregnant, lover causes a car crash which kills her but the unborn children are saved. The hero invites the heroine to his house to look after his baby while she is still pregnant and she stays after the birth as an unofficial nanny. She finds out that he has been abused as a child and as a result there is no softness in him even for his own child. It becomes her mission to teach him to love his child. He in the meantime is keeping an unseen threat from her and his growing obession with her. The action is fast paced, the relationship wild and the characters are well developed. There are twist and turns you would not expect and just when you thought you got the plot all figured out you find something unexpected. It is a good book and for all of us who love her other series, this is a page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars By FAR the Best Feehan Novel!, 10 Sept. 2009
I'm more a fan of the 'Dark' series myself - and I've read every one. I love the genre. And I got to a point where Ms Feehan's writing wasn't 'doing it' for me. But, THIS book is without doubt the best she's written. In fact, it's the best I've read all year! I'd even count it as one of my top three!

This book I actually 'felt'. Only J R Ward ever did that with the first 4 BDB books. Burning Wild felt almost as if it was written by another author. I really got into the all the characters. Hero and Alpha Male Jake, of course, was totally hot and Emma was suitably vulnerable, yet independent. My heart went out to Jake as a child and the suffering he endured at the hands of his parents. And I loved the scene where Emma goes out on a 'date' with the telephone repair man. That whole thing had me laughing out loud! I loved the way the relationship between Emma and Jake develops, and how hard he has to struggle with her purity of heart, in the sense that she has no ulterior motive for wanting to be with him. And how, even knowing that, he continues to 'test' her loyalty to him.

And let's not forget the sex. Phew! Some of those scenes had me 'burning wild'. The build up was so intense that I was literally holding my breath until it was over. I don't know what Ms Feehan has been taking but, MORE PLEEEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 27 Aug. 2009
I LOVE all of CF's books. whenever I find out she's bringing out a new one I pre-order them without even thinking about it.

Burning Wild was a brilliant book. I wasn't sure what to expect as on her website CF said herself that it wouldn't be a "Good read" for some of her fans. I wasn't one of those fans! Yes the sex scenes are "D" different but I think CF did a great job of trying to keep them as real as she could when writing about a character such as Jake. He was an interesting and complex character which was why the sex scenes or usual dialouge wasn't the "norm" for CF and her shape-shifting books. The story held an edge of danger and mystery but the plot was mainly based on Jake and Emma and how their relationship changes over time and how they become a family which, in my opinion, was a good move and more interesting for me. Recently with the "Dark" series I've found the books more on the action instead of the relationships between lifemates like in the first books. (But, hey, I still love the series!)

If you like CF then this book will not let you down. It is different from her usual stories but there's nothing wrong with different!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read!, 26 Oct. 2011
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
One word AMAZING!

I was hooked from the start with Jake. It was harsh and brutal for him when he was young, which im so glad we got to read to fully understand and love the complex character that is Jake Bannacotti! Jake finds it hard to trust anyone because of his past and gives Emma a rough time constantly. He is also a fantastic dad but cannot bring himself to love them or anyone around him.

Emma is a great mother and a strong minded woman,who is Jake's perfect match. I felt like screaming at the book for them just to be honest with each other and get together.

There are other great characters in the book mainly Drake for me who we first heard about in the first novel fever.

Tons of action, twists and turns, danger and some mystery in this book that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Personally for me this was better than the first book Fever. I didn't want to put this book down and cannot wait to read the next Wild Fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars My top re-read, i'm at least on read 7. Love this book so much., 29 Oct. 2012
This is one of the best paranormal erotic romances I have read, the erotic scenes are also some of the hottest and are written so well you can almost feel the raw, primal lust - it's delicious.

Christine Feehan is a master storyweaver, and this is my favourite of all of her books. The hero, Jack, is the most Alpha dominant male there is. In contrast Emma is soft and loving but in this is also her strength.

I won't say to much about the storyline as you have to read it, the tale is brilliant and the growing sexual tension is palpable.

Won't be long before I'm re-reading this for the 8th time.

5.0 out of 5 stars thoughts on burning wild, 23 July 2011
This novel is amazing; I pick it up constantly reading it from start to finish as much as I watch a movie. At the start it is brutal and harsh but that made Jake who he is and it gets much better from then on and his bad past makes everything that then happens to him sweeter, because he deserves it. All through the novel, emotions are raw and powerful. Christine Feeham is a brilliant writer; this is her best novel so far, in my opinion. The rest of the novels in the series were good, definitely worth reading though not as good as burning wild, simple because of the characters, apart from the latest, savage nature, where I think Feeham let herself down and the main character drake down, the setting I found boring, the characters all the same, aggressive and protective without personality and the story line either didn't develop or there wasn't one. Emma, Jakes woman, is absolutely perfect and everybody cannot help but like her, she is exactly what Jake needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feehan at her best, 3 July 2009
Dr Johnson "sam" (Staffordshire,England) - See all my reviews
I have read all of Feehan's books and this is up to standard with the rest, the way she writes about the feelings of her characters always has me spellbound. The struggle that Jake has with his inner self is well thought out and the story holds true throughout, For romantic fantasy fans, this is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning Wild, 18 Jun. 2009
J. Taylor (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
You can never go wrong with a Christine Feehan book and this one, from her leopard people, lives up to her usual high standard making it very difficult to put down once you start reading.

My only criticism would be the long wait between her books!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 4 Sept. 2009
Having read Christine Feehan's fever, I just had to read this one. I loved it, not as much as Fever, but it was came in a close second. I loved the lay out of the book. The way you got a look into Jakes background, his childhood, etc. The chemistry between him and Emma was scorching. Actually, scorching is to mild a word. The book was on fire, especially the last half. Actually I thought it got a little sexually gory. I'm not sure if those are the right words to use, but if you read it you'll understand what I'm trying to say. The only things missing was the props, whips masks etc. If you like to read while going to work, Beware, make sure the bus or trains are not crowded. This book should carry a highly sexual content sign.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Burning Wild: Number 3 in series (Leopard People)
Burning Wild: Number 3 in series (Leopard People) by Christine Feehan (Paperback - 7 May 2009)