4.0 out of 5 stars I followedthe guidelines and connected!
Published on 14 Aug. 2001 by leas.place@ntlworld.com

3.0 out of 5 stars good read
Some good issues tackled
Published 7 months ago by LEE

4.0 out of 5 stars I followedthe guidelines and connected!, 14 Aug. 2001
I bought this book from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Every evening I read and every day I followed the guidelines and amazing results happened. I needed friendship in my life but due to past problems I find it very hard to connect with people. One of the tools I found very handy was to think of what you can give to another person, so for example when you walk into a room and think - no one wants to talk to me - they look boring anyway - what would I have in common with these people -they would probably think I am fat, unconfident, not good to talk to, you suddenly think as you walk into the room, who can I speak to, I can make a difference in somebody's life, what does this person need. I placed an advertisement in the newspaper for new friends, male and female, three weeks on, with lots of doubts from my 'chatterbox' as mentioned also in the book, I now have eight new friends, from factory workers to Doctors in Science. I do not know if it was just this book that made a difference to my life, as previously I read Feel the Fear and DO IT ANYWAY. But I am a very honest person, and I found this very easy reading, and when my doubts and self-confidence failed, I thought of the tools in the book and got through them. Upon using the techniques in this book, upon meeting my new circle of friends they all thanked me for changing their Sundays, for example by not being bored to being at a BBQ meeting other like minded sensible people. Inviting people into my home was also an issue for me, I wonder if they will like it, what if they are afraid of large dogs, if they are so high up the ladder in life will they judge me by my home if it is not as grand as their own? I put all these 'chatterbox' thoughts on hold, and received lots of thanks for making people feel welcome. We go out regularly once a week, and deep down I did feel that why should people pay money to make friends, when you can connect for free. I would mention that one has to think conciously about the tools offered in this book, I only used a few, but they have made such a difference to my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 8 May 2002
By A Customer
I've read many self-help and self-improvement guides, this little book is without doubt one of the best.
Has angles and viewpoints on human relations that are not examined in any other books I've looked at. Really thought provoking, and explains so many things about the deficiencies of our current existence.
If you read just ONE book to improve your life and the life of those around you, make it this one (and just make sure you act on what you learn). Well done Susan, a terrific piece of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book which remains one of my favourite self improvement books, 17 Oct. 2009
A few years ago I felt I needed to "re-educate" my self and my thinking and so started to read a whole series of positive mental attitude books and motivational materials. This book to my mind ranks as an all time favourite which I am happy to recommend. Its about how to connect with other people in different ways and for the better too which contributes massively to how to ultimately connect with oneself. The book was a major influence in helping me to kickstart how I view the world, how I viewed people and how I related to them. I really can say that I felt better for reading this book and very glad that I did read it. Its a very gentle book, inspiring, beautifully and delicately written and I feel sure that you will find it beneficial too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some useful tips, 1 May 2009
John Hopper (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This contained a number of useful tips, though I did not find it as transformational as Feel the Fear, partly as it covered some of the same ground and partly as it veered off in places from the practical approach of Feel the Fear into an approach a bit too metaphysical for me. I was also not wholly convinced by the Everybody Training v. Somebody Training approach and the automatic elevation of "good" feminine values in the workplace over those intrinsically "bad" masculine ones. Despite these criticisms, this was mostly worthwhile and I distilled some useful messages about connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible..thought provoking ..simple..gorgeously wise, 8 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
I have read Susan Jeffers other books, and this ranks up beside "feel the fear".. its a book full of wisdom. It illustrates to the readerways of looking at life and relationships in a giving, loving way. I do love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and digest!, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dare To Connect: How to create confidence, trust and loving relationships (Paperback)
Gave this to a 18 year old friend experiencing depression after relationship difficulties and she found the book inspirational. It gave her the confidence to put some of the practical exercises into action, and whilst not a guaranteed method of success, has been invaluable for moving her forwards. A bit 'American' in places, so bear that in mind, if that irritates you!

5.0 out of 5 stars A new book, 23 Aug. 2013
The book arrived in good time as was posted through my letterbox within a communal area of my flat and I was delighted I did not have to retrieve it from the post office. The book itself is marvellous and I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 10 Nov. 2013
helps you a lot; focuses on interesting ways of relating to the other; simple to understand; makes you feel good when you read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful self help book., 11 Dec. 2014
M. Thompson (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Very helpful self help book.

3.0 out of 5 stars good read, 28 Sept. 2014