5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts is brilliant!!!
Sam and Julie Tanner are a Hollywood couple with successful acting

careers, though Julie is more successful than Sam. They have a four year

old daughter, Olivia who witnesses her father murdering her mother.

Julie's sister, Jamie wants with her husband David to have Olivia come

and live with them but, eventually Olivia goes to...
Published on 22 Jan 2007 by Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
As with all of Nora Burkes books, A good read. Do enjoy getting to know the characters, flaws and all!
Published 20 months ago by Dottyj1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts is brilliant!!!, 22 Jan 2007
Clare "Bookaholic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Sam and Julie Tanner are a Hollywood couple with successful acting

careers, though Julie is more successful than Sam. They have a four year

old daughter, Olivia who witnesses her father murdering her mother.

Julie's sister, Jamie wants with her husband David to have Olivia come

and live with them but, eventually Olivia goes to live with her

grandparents who run a campground at Washington called River's End.

River's End is Olivia's safe haven with her grandparents being far, far

away from the media circus surrounding her mother's death. Some years

after Julie's death Olivia contacts the policeman who found Olivia

hiding in the closet, and she invites Frank Brady and his wife Celia,

and son Noah to come and stay at River's End.

Twenty years after the murder Sam tanner makes contact with Frank's son,

Noah to write a book about the murder, Noah who is now a best selling

crime writer agrees and contacts members of the family to tell their

side as well, which means he will also have to see Olivia again to tell

her side of the story and feels the attraction he had for her has never

gone away. But, little does Noah know the danger he puts Olivia's life

in.

This was yet another fantastic story from Nora, the characters are

brilliant and this was a real page turner every page was brilliant and

no part was boring at all. The way Nora develops her characters is

brilliant, some books you read it can take a while to get into the

characters let alone the story but, I always seem to warm to her

characters pretty quickly.

Nora Roberts is fast fast becoming one of my favourite authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 28 Oct 2003
This review is from: River's End (Paperback)
I have just finished re-reading this book again (about the fourth time in as many months). I really enjoy it. I think it is typically Nora Roberts. I didn't find it predictable as I have others. The setting of the Olympic Mountains and Hollywood was inspiring (my geographical knowledge of the US is improving with every Robert's book). The main characters Noah & Olivia are solid and heart warming. Their love story does leave a bit of intrigue with the 'will they wont they' scenario and Noah is a 'sweetie'. I have to admit I did have a little cry at the end too! Perfect combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner for Miss Roberts!, 28 Jan 2006
This review is from: River's End (Paperback)
I have to admit, when I read the blurb on the back of the book, I didn't think that I would enjoy this book...and left it on the shelf...months later...I was wondering around a book shop...and having so many of Nora's books I thought...why not...I had almost missed out on an increduble journey that spanned more than twenty years! The plot revolves around a girl called Olivia, who's parents were movie stars, and how her world came crashing down around her one night when tragedy hit the family. We are introduced to Frank Brady, who soon becomes a friend that Livvy trusts for life. We also meet Frank's son Noah, who at the beginning is a boy of ten, but as the story continues, will age, and will begin to think more and more about Livvy, and what she has gone through. Follow Noah and Livvy as they experience first love, amidst the danger that has followed them since that tragic night when Livvy's family fell apart. Roberts made me feel for the little Livvy at the loss of her family and her confusion as to why it happened to her, and who was responsible. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting the ending, but...it was absolutely right...The emotion that Livvy and Noah and all of the other supporting characters feel felt real, and made me empathise with their situation. A book that I couldn't out down! And to think...I nearly passed on this one!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Robert's best, 18 July 2010
Nicola F (Nic) (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: River's End (Paperback)
As a big Nora Roberts fan, I devoured this book in one sitting on a recent holiday. It made for great reading with its eloquent mix of suspense and romance, beautiful settings and nicely depicted characters. Nora Roberts rarely fails in creating characters you can fall in love with, and in this instance Livvy and Noah were a couple the reader could really root for. The setting moves between bustling Hollywood and scenic Washington State and is described so vividly you can almost smell the scent of the pine needles.

I'm not going to summarise the story as that has already been done, but what I will say is that this is one of the best stand-alone Robert's books I've read so far- and I've read a lot of them. If you like your romance novels to have strong heroines, determined, dashing males and a good suspensful plot then you will most certainly enjoy this book. If you've never read one of Robert's books before.. then what on earth are you waiting for?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again Roberts writes a Brilliant mix of Crime & Passion, 2 Oct 2000
This book is a gripping read about a young woman facing her tragic past with the help of an attractive man, who from a young age was besotted with the innocent child she was. Now they are struggling to face the demons of the past whilst trying to find their future together. This is Roberts at her best!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL., 5 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: River's End (Hardcover)
This is vintage Nora, absolutely wonderful. I admire the attention to detail that helped me to care about even the most minor characters. I also enjoyed how the hero and heroine grew to truly know and like each other, through their initial misunderstandings - you really understood why they'd love one another. I hate it when protagonists 'fall in love' without any sort of understanding between them - you read a book like that thinking 'Okay, so when are they REALLY going to fall in love?'. I also thought the heroine was particularly well-filled out in this book, strong, independent, but with those quirks, vulnerablities and irritating traits that make a person really human. Another good reason to buy this one is that, unlike many other Nora Robert books, it isn't too deeply disturbing. Nasty things happen, but in the end we have closure and some concept of where it all went wrong. Not that I'd ever knock Nora, but some of her books are so incisive that they're almost uncomfortable, and will have you looking at your collegues, friends - even your dear old grandma - with suspicion by time you turn the last page. All in all, this is definately one of my favorites and since I own nearly a hundred of Ms Robert's books, including those written under the J.D. Robb alias, that is really saying something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore it!, 27 Oct 2000
This review is from: River's End (Paperback)
I adore this book. Hollywood and the forest are perfect settings for this story about two young people who seem forever destined to be a part of one another's lives. First Noah and Olivia have to discover the truth about what happened on the night her glamourous mother was found murdered - did Liv's father really kill her? A great book - one of Roberts best yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
As expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: River's End (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book the details of the areas in the book add to the story being told. I like the mysteries with the touch off romance.
Also enjoy the J D Robb books and have read a considerable number over the years. I purchase these books on Kindle mostly for my mum who is 91 years young she loves them too and is eagerly awaiting the latest O'Dwyer in trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars NRA again good, 3 May 2014
This review is from: River's End (Kindle Edition)
As always a story with many facets that keep you wondering till the end . Cannot wait for any new books to arrive,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

River's End
River's End by Nora Roberts (Paperback - 4 Jun 2009)
7.99