Format: Paperback|Change

Tory and Hope were constant companions, twins of the soul even though Hope already had a real twin sister, Faith. Faith always resented the bond. Then one night all their lives were shattered. What was to be a midnight camp out by two 8 years olds bent on adventure, sees one girl beaten severely, another raped and dead in the swamp. Tory and Hope were to sneak out and meet late that night, but Tory's brutal father took a belt to his only child because she had the devil in her, she was born with 'the sight'. Bruised mentally and physically, she was unable to meet Hope as they planned. And it may have cost Hope her life. Though unable to go Hope's aid, Tory suffered the torment of 'seeing' her true friend murdered in a brutal fashion.
Haunted by the dreams of Hope, Tory knows she must return to face the nightmare of what happened to Hope, and to stop the man who killed her friend, for he was killing still now 20 years later.
Being back in lazy Southern town causes problems, for there are those that wish she had never returned to stir up old scars and memories. Faith still resents that her twin sister was closer to Tory. Cade, their older brother,wants answers about his sister's death he knows Tory holds, but he also want Tory.
Is the mad man killing on August 23 the man that fathered Tory? Or one of the other upstanding citizens of Progress.
This book won't let you but it down!!
on 2 January 2001
I am a big fan of Nora Roberts novels and have been for a number of years. I started by reading her silhouette books and moved on from there. Her murder mystery novels are always well written with a good discription of the characters, although I have been finding recently they have become a bit predictable. I've been able to guess who the murderer is half way through the book (sometimes sooner). Carolina Moon was different. It was once again a superbly written romance as we have come to expect, with a well rounded bunch of characters, but from the first page it had me guessing who had commited the crimes. I had blamed half the characters in the book for one reason or another before I reached the end. And the one who actually commited the murders totally shocked me. That is my true definition of a mystery, if it keeps you hanging until the last page, and this one did. It is well worth a read.
on 27 October 2000
Roberts stories are all different and this is one of her best suspense yet! Tory returns to the town where she grew up to find the murderer of her best friend free and that he is closing on her. At the same time she falls for Hope's older brother, Cade. An enthralling story that I just couldn't put down! Roberts ability to create such great characters is amazing. This is a must read!
on 22 July 2001
This book is great. I got it after feverishly reading all of Tami Hoag's books and being advised by Amazon here that if I liked Tami Hoag I would like Nora Roberts. So Carolina Moon was the first book I have picked up of hers, and I am very impressed. If you're looking at this page following a link from Tami Hoag and you're wondering whether it's the same sort of stuff, it is. Fantastic mix of suspense with a splash of romance - what a girl wants! I currently have a cold and despite 'going to bed early' last night, I ended up reading this book until 4am, when I started hearing the Dawn Chorus. I thoroughly recommend it!
on 8 February 2008
This is probably one of my favourite Nora Roberts books. Its quite dark and intense, revolving around the character of Tory who comes back to the town where she grew up and where her childhood best friend, Hope, was killed. In the book you see Tory and Hope's brother and sister all coming to terms with her murder and their own family problems, and developing meaningful romantic relationships. The characters are well drawn and the interactions between them believable and there's enough light hearted moments in the book to keep it from being too intense. All in all, I really enjoyed it and thoroughly recommend it. If you read it and enjoy it, I suggest you also give River's End a try.
on 27 May 2008
I have read this book so many times I have lost count. It is my favourite book of all time, not necessary the best book I've ever read, but my favourite, like a comfy old sweater. You really care about the characters, the plot is brilliant, a little bit supernatural, and it all wraps up nicely. Nora Roberts describes the scenery so well, that when I saw the film that was made (a bit short only 1 1/2 hours) the house the town everything was what I pictured it would be, described by the book. I just LOVE this book. FYI If you like Nora Roberts, you will like Karen Rose, very similar.
on 1 March 2014
This was a change to my recent books, but back to an author who I used to love to read a number of years ago. Chose the book because it was on offer and had good reviews and once started I just couldn't put it down. I found myself reading it until the early hours last night just to finish it. Easy to read, story line good, lots of romance and a good twist at the end. Now looking for another Nora Roberts book to read instead of going back to my usual detective type thrillers. Good bit of old fashioned romance, wonderful!
on 4 December 2000
I have been a Nora Roberts fan for over 15 years, and Carolina Moon has been added as a "forever keep" book in my vast collection of her novels.
You cannot help but be intrigued by Cade's southern way, you have to admire Faith's unapologetic manner about her past escapades. Tory Bodeen is a wonderful heroine, and Roberts has ensured again that the reader feels a part of the book, and a great part of the characters' lives.
Way to go (again!)
on 10 September 2015
I like J D Robb, Nora Roberts other name in books, so have gradually been introducing myself to these. Not much into the trilogy's ,I like the bigger books. Good story & Ive seen enough movies to be able to hear the accent in my head while reading. Does anyone else do this? Victoria is a young woman who is able to 'see' things. As a young child her friend was murdered & this has haunted her & she has finally returned to her home town to confront the killer.
on 29 July 2001
Carolina Moon is full of love, tension, suspense and suprise. From the beginning the book draws you into the world of a sared, lonely and gifted young child, and the tragic circumstances which occur. The book is amazing, it holds your attention so you can't put it down until you know everything. This is a typical Nora Roberts if you have read her books before read this.