5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite shelf book!
I have just finished this book and I think by this point I have run out of any words of praise for Lisa Kleypas' books, because I've already used them all up in the first two reviews. I don't know how to make it any more clearer that this book was mind-blowing from beginning to the end.

I can not recall another time when I read three books in a row in a matter...
Published on 19 Oct. 2011 by Kat

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of light fun for a flight
Read this on a flight and it made the miles whizz by. Lisa Kleypas always delivers good stories with fun characters.
Published 22 months ago by Book bunny

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite shelf book!, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Smooth Talking Stranger: Number 3 in series (Travis) (Paperback)

I can not recall another time when I read three books in a row in a matter of few days, but I just couldn't put them down.

I'm totally devastated that Smooth Talking Stranger was the final book in the series. I'm begging that she writes more! How could she not?! There is still another Travis brother left and he deserves to have his story!

Jack Travis is every woman's dream. He's rich, confident, tough and always in control and did I forgot to mention...he's incredibly SEXY!!! Ohhh the things he can do!!! In fact, he should come with a health warning: Spending time in Jack's company irrevocably leads to multiple orgasms and broken hearts! He goes through women like he goes through his socks. But one day a woman shows up in his office with a baby, claiming it can be his and he must take a paternity test.

Ella Varner aka Miss Independent is finally enjoying her life away from her crazy mother and sister, whom she hasn't seen for a long time. She's in a great relationship with Dane and loves her job. But one day she gets a call from her mother to come and pick up her sister Tara's baby and look after it, because no one knows where Tara is. Ella didn't even know that her sister had a baby, but the circumstances are rushed before she can ask any questions. According to her cousin who knew Tara, Jack Travis can be a potential baby's father and Ella is determined to get him to do a paternity test.

It must be very hard to wake up one day and realise that your life has completely changed and you are not in control of turning it back. But what's worse, there is this tiny person, who can only rely on you because he doesn't get a choice in the matter. Ella gets big thumbs up from me for her responsibility! No matter what, she put the interests of the innocent baby before anyone else's, even her own, despite the danger of ruining her relationship with Dane.

I loved how Jack and Ella came together and how they were so different but so perfect for each other. He wouldn't push her beyond what she was ready for but he was always there for her. And the word "mine" was mentioned a few times...Damn! Where do men like that live?

And of course! This book was so HAWT!!! The numerous sex scenes involving Jack Travis.....I don't need to say more, this book must be read to understand.... I just know that now I'm finally starting to breathe normally because I think I forgot to in certain places in the book!

And finally...

Dear Lisa,

Please, please, please, pretty please with the cherry on top, write more! Even though you can never prepare us to part with The Travis family, I'm sure many will share my opinion that there should be at least one more book. Well, we will hope for it anyway!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth talking stranger - fantastic!, 1 July 2009
R Wood (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book about a month ago but was not in the mood to read it immediately so left it on the shelf. What a mistake it was because I picked up the book late last night and could not put it down until I finished it.

This is the third in Lisa Kleypas comtemporary novels (following Sugar Daddy and Blue-eyed devil, both also fantastic books). The characters are lovable and the story is compelling and very sweet. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 18 May 2011
Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
My summary of the book - When Ella gets a phone call from her mother it changes her whole life. She ends having to look after her sister's baby and while trying to work who the father is and it leads her to Jack. After trying to work if Jack is the father he ends up helping Ella with the baby and a place to stay. Soon they are spending more time together and Ella finds it more difficult to resist his charm and the feelings she is developing for him.

Thoughts on the characters - When you learn about Ella you find out she hasn't had the easiest of lives and when she has to take her sister's baby she doesn't know what to do as she has tried to stop sorting out her family's problems but she knows she has to look after the baby. She is scared of falling in love cause that means losing them to her so it is quite a emotional time when she agrees to take on the baby knowing she would lose it at some point. She finds help in Jack who shows that he is nice guy by helping her find a place to stay and help with the baby. This shows a different side to Jack who is portrayed as a charmer womaniser to everyone around him but the real caring side is shown when he is with Ella and the baby. It kinda makes him the perfect man!!

Thoughts on the writing style - The book is written in the first person style with Ella telling the story and you don't miss anything that you would get in a third person style as everything is detailed and you can follow the story easily and really get into Ella's character and what she is seeing and feeling the whole time.

Overall thoughts - I really enjoyed this book and the other two before this one and hope Lisa Kleypas explores more of the family. Being that the book is in the first person it makes it different reading and helps you keep interested as it is different from other books in the same genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking story, 11 Mar. 2011
As with all Lisa Kleypas books, heart-squeezing and warming stories this one is no exception. All three in the series are fantastic and among my favourites and I love reading them again and again.
The heroine Ella has her own fears with trust and intimacy but tries her very best to be strong for her family until she meets Travis and her world is turned upside down. Travis is not one to shrink back from a challenging situation and taking control making for a superb hero...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good summer read!, 25 May 2010
S. E. Harries "Bood addict" (Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
The order arrived on time. This is Lisa Kleypass's 3rd modern novel and was very good
in a light modern way. She usually writes very very sexy historical novels - a far cry from Georgette Heyer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth talking Stranger, 10 Nov. 2012
If you like Lisa Kleypas, you will love this story which highlights another member of the Travis family. All the elements are there - the previously untamable hero falling in love with the lovely heroine who is not the beautiful but mindless type with whom he is usually associated. Although predictable, the story will get you turning the pages and tears may fall as you empathise with the heroine's growing love for both Jack and baby Luke.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 15 Mar. 2014
What a lovely book!! I was sceptical because I had not read the two books before but you don't need to! Jack and ella were such a lush couple!!

I have never come across a storyline like this before so it was a real change!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 28 Nov. 2013
Have read this book a few times now,and still think it's great.lots of chemistry and very sweet.miles better than some of the newer contemporary books from Kleypas.wish she would do one for the last Travis boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 13 May 2015
Once you start you will never put it down. I read this is one day so going to bed very late! I love the whole travis series. I am sad the books had to finish could have read them forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth talking stranger, 31 July 2014
This is the third travis book I have read and I haven't been able to put any of them down. I am now going on line to see if Lisa Kleypas has written the fourth book yet.

Smooth Talking Stranger: Number 3 in series (Travis)
Smooth Talking Stranger: Number 3 in series (Travis) by Lisa Kleypas (Paperback - 4 Mar. 2010)