4.0 out of 5 stars Ghostwalkers ride again!, 9 Oct 2009
Ladybubbles (Croydon, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is number three of a series of books in Christine Feehan's the Ghostwalkers. You can read this book out of order because it was a great stand-alone story of its own.

We finally get to have Gator's story, one of a group of genetically enhanced soldiers called The Ghostwalkers. The Ghostwalkers can communicate telepathically and each has a different psychic ability. Gator's ability is to use sound either to communicate, or to kill.

Charming, sexy, and easy-going Gator returns to his hometown to help his family friends search for a missing girl - but he is also on a mission from Lily - to find Flame a genetically enhanced female who was experimented on as a child by the same evil mastermind who created the Ghostwalkers. Needless to say, that sparks fly when they meet!

Neither is the type to easily trust, yet their surroundings and circumstances force them to work together. Both know that time is running out for both of them - if they don't find the answers they need quickly, a lot of lives are at steak, including theirs!

The humour and backtalk between the characters is great, this is a fast paste suspense / romance that will keep you turning the pages.

The Ghostwalker Books:
Book 6 - Predatory Game
Book 7 - Murder Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Very hot....., 2 July 2008
Mary Chrapliwy (NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Night Game: Number 3 in series (Ghostwalker Novel) (Paperback)
This was the first Christine Feehan book I have ever read. I wasn't disappointed.

This is one of a series of books in the Ghostwalker series. You can read this book out of order because it was a great stand-alone story on its own.

This story centers around Gator, one of a group of enhanced soldiers called The Ghostwalkers. The Ghostwalkers can communicate telepathically and each has a different power. Gator's power is the ability to use sound to either communicate, or to kill.

Gator is sent to find Flame, a genetically enhanced female enhanced from childhood on by the evil mastermind who created special abilities in several female children, keeping them in cages like lab rats. He also infected Flame with cancer then put her into remission (no worries - this isn't a spoiler, it's told in the beginning of the book). The power she has is also the ability to use sound. Flame is no fading violet. I really liked her strong character.

Gator does find Flame. They embark together on a journey against unspeakable evil. To say more would destroy the suspense.

The only negative for me, it might not be a negative to you, is that her intimate scenes were long and extremely intense - one spanned three chapters. There was another one near the end of the book that I paged past because it went on and on and on.

I borrowed this book from the library and am strongly considering buying a copy as a keeper for my own bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT SPICEY AND SWEET THIS CAJUN GUMBO REALLY BOILS, 19 Nov 2005
Diane E. Griffith (Romulus, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Hot, Spicy and sweet sums up this latest offering by Christine Feehan. Clearly her skill as an author is growing by leaps and bounds and we readers are the grateful recipients of her efforts. Cajun honey and hottie Gator has returned to the city of his birth New Orleans to find a missing girl and attempt to bring home the most dangerous of Dr. Whitney's enhanced daughters Flame. In a category all her own Flame steals your heart and makes you wonder if she can be saved in the same breath. Gator strong on devotion and sex appeal is the perfect man to capture the elusive Flame. The two evenly matched in power and wit make you sit on the edge of your seat, laugh like a loon, and cry like a baby. To say I loved this book does not say enough

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Romantic Novel, 7 Mar 2010
This book had me hooked from the very first page and that is a rare thing and was a big relief after the disaster that was the book before this. It did surprise me that I got into the book so quickly because the first chapter just recaps on what has happened in the previous books and sets up Gators mission. I did put off reading this book for ages and wonder if I would have been as engaged if the other books were still fresh in my memory. But as it was it was good to be reminded about what had happened before.

I think the reason why this book was so much better than the last is that the science is kept to a minimum. There were a few times when Feehan gives scientific explanations that left me feeling confused (not necessarily because she described them poorly but because I don't have a very scientific mind) but fortunately this doesn't happen often. I think she struck a good balance here by keeping the science bits to a minimum. There will be people who want explanations and it's good to have those explanations in there but I don't think an author should lose sight of the fact that if a book is published under the romance genre readers are unlikely to want to read pages and pages of scientific theory.

I think the other thing that Feehan did really well in this novel was mixing the romance and the action. All too often recently I've found that many romantic suspense and paranormal romance authors seem to separate the action and the romance, perhaps using the action side of the novel to put the heroine in the damsel in distress position so that she can be rescued. Feehan doesn't do this, she writes it so that the romance and the action are completely linked throughout and I personally think that this is a better way of doing any romance novel that includes action (whether it's suspense, paranormal or fantasy). I felt like this really added excitement to the romance. I sometimes find myself losing interest during action scenes but because there was always romance in this novel I didn't get bored at all.

The romance in this book was very well done. I always think that the romance side of the story is highly dependant on the characters involved and the characters in this book were great. Gator's charming, sensual, loyal and protective. Flame is strong, independent and heroic but she also shows a really vulnerable side. I liked this, it made her seem more human and easier to relate to. I particularly liked that Flame didn't play the damsel in distress role and that she and Gator complimented each other on the battle field rather than either of them needing to be rescued. The sex scenes were quite hot as well. A friend of mine claims that she always skips the sex scenes in Feehan's books because they're all the same and until I read this one I would have agreed but they were different in this book. They were more explicit. I've noticed recently that many romance authors seem to be making the sex scenes kinkier and Feehan seems to be one of those authors. It is still on the mild side of kinky but it made a nice change from her usual vanilla sex described using metaphors.

The plot was quite a difficult one emotionally. I'm not going to give anything away about what happens but if you're sensitive like me you may find it difficult to read some parts of this novel. I don't think Feehan uses gratuitous descriptions of violence, in fact I think she uses just enough to do justice to a difficult plot without going over the top but that doesn't take away from the fact that at times it's at times upsetting to read. And it's difficult to read for many reasons, not just the violent plot. I'm sure if you read it you'll know what I mean but I felt that I should give a warning. It's not gratuitous but is upsetting.

There's only one thing I really didn't like in this book and that is the use of French without translations. I don't speak French at all so if it's included in an English novel I expect there to be translations. There weren't in this book and I found it frustrating.

In this book Feehan really redeemed herself in my eyes. It was action packed, romantic, erotic and at times heartbreaking. What more could you possibly want in a romance novel?

4.0 out of 5 stars GhostWalkers book 3, 23 July 2010
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When Gator is asked to return home to the Bayou to investigate the disappearance of a family friend Lily has another task for him. She has reason to believe that Iris (known as Flame), one of the girls Dr Whitney experimented on as a child, is in the area. Gator is the only GhostWalker with psychic abilities to match Flame's so it is up to him to track her down. Flame has every reason not to trust Lily or any of the other GhostWalkers so it's going to take all of Gator's charm to bring her round.

Although Night Game is the third book in the GhostWalkers series I think you could easily read this as a stand alone story. However, I'm really enjoying this series so I'd definitely recommend reading the books in order starting with Shadow Game. I think Night Game was probably my favorite book in the series so far, it will take you on a complete roller coaster of emotion laughing one minute and close to tears the next. I think Christine Feehan managed to create the perfect blend of action and romance along with some great bedroom action.

I really loved Gator - he is charming, funny and sexy as hell. He fell for Flame hard and wasn't afraid to show his feelings despite her reluctance to get involved. I loved the banter between him, his brother and the other GhostWalkers and they had me laughing quite a few times. Another great character was his Grandmother - all I'm going to say is watch out for the bag she gives to Flame, hilarious!

Flame was a great heroine, she was strong and tough and prepared to stick up for herself but at the same time she had a vulnerable side and my heart went out to her. She had an incredibly tough start to life at the mercy of Dr Whitney and it isn't surprising that she doesn't trust anyone who was involved in the experiments that were carried out on her as a child. Some of the scenes with her were heartbreaking and I was close to tears on several occasions.

Overall this was another great installment of the GhostWalkers series & has left me very keen to read the next book. I'm very curious to see if Flame's theory is correct - I have a strong suspicion that it is but I'll have to read Conspiracy Theory to find out. If you're a fan of paranormal romance I'd definitely recommend giving this series a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 31 May 2014
kelstar (essex,england) - See all my reviews
Stubbled onto this series as I had read her cat people books and loved them and this one didn't disappoint either. I would recommend starting from the beginning of the series although this one can stand on its on the other characters and back story are easier to understand if you've read the other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars my review, 3 July 2013
again the rating fits the book as yet again I couldn't put it down and had to read it from start to finish, I have recommended to my sister that she should get the series

5.0 out of 5 stars im hooked, 27 Feb 2013
This is the third of the ghostwalker books by christine feehan and im absolutely loving them!!!!! great story lines and superbly written. I would recommend these to anyone, just as it was recommended to me by a complete stranger! i just thought 'il give the first one a try' and now im hooked!
Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Game, book three in Christine Feehan's Ghoastwalker series., 26 July 2012
Gator and Iris, both results of experiments, both made for each other, there is romance but the action is what grabs you, all wrapped up with phsycic and physical enhancements, great read I feel like I am getting to know a family.

4.0 out of 5 stars another great installment, 14 Nov 2010
This was another great installment in the 'GhostWalkers' series! It was funnier than the previous books, thanks to Gator, the charming and sexy Cajun hero. That man could draw a smile from the most bad-tempered person. I loved the way he brought the tension down with his remarks, all the while keeping his focus on what was important. Flame was a bit "difficult to love" at first - alpha females aren't easy to take - but she grew on me and, in the end, I truly understood her reasoning.

Night Game: Number 3 in series (Ghostwalker Novel)
Night Game: Number 3 in series (Ghostwalker Novel) by Christine Feehan (Paperback - 3 April 2008)