5.0 out of 5 stars I *LOVED* this book!
Nora Roberts is a legend of trilogies, and BLOOD BROTHERS is the start of another winning romantic paranormal trilogy. Cal, Fox, and Gage were only ten when they unleashed the demonic power trapped beneath the Pagan Stone. Every seven years, for seven days, a horrible and deadly power is unleashed in Hawkins Hollow. People commit horrible acts, and then can't remember...
Published on 15 Dec 2007 by J. Waltrip

2.0 out of 5 stars Certainly not one of her better efforts
I found this book very formulaic, obviously a scene setter for the two books to come, and as such it was interesting and I wanted to discover more about the characters depicted.However, I found the ending such an anticlimax it was disappointing- the main characters go into the the woods to the Pagan Stone and precious little happens- certainly not on a par with the...
Published on 23 Mar 2008 by Reading junkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good supernatural romance - good fighting evil., 9 Feb 2008
LEP "LEP" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Blood Brothers: Number 1 in series (Sign of Seven Trilogy) (Paperback)
I liked this book, the first in the new series, much better than the Morrigan's Cross series which in my opinion should have been published as one complete book in three parts, not as three separate books.

The Sign of Seven Trilogy seems to me to be very much like the Key of Knowledge trilogy, minus the faeries, plus a little of the Three Sisters thrown in. Again you have the magic three as in the two other trilogies I mentioned above and three boys as in the Key series (i.e. in the Keys they visit the haunted house when they are boys).

It's a classic tale of good fighting evil. In this case the evil appears to be an ancient satanic daemon. The good being the three ten year old boys (now aged 31) who unwittingly unleash the daemon on the eve of their tenth birthday by combining their blood in a "blood brothers" ritual. Every seven years the evil returns and wrecks havoc on their small town.

However, on the night the daemon was released by the boys, the good witch who ensnared the daemon in the 1600's, under the Pagan Stone, is also unleashed. He alone is not strong enough to stop the daemon, but the descendants of his three sons will be. To that end he endows the boys with strengths i.e. they can't be injured (they reheal after every injury) and never grow ill. Also he endows them each with different psychic powers and three pieces of his magick blood stone. They surmise that if the stone is rejoined then this may stop the evil, but no matter how hard they try over the years it can't be done.

Cal Hawkins and his friend Fox return to Hawkins Hollow after university. However, their third friend Gage leaves the Hollow, where his home life has been unhappy, when he is eighteen. He returns every seven years on the eve of his birthday to help his friends.

Quinn Black is an author who writes about ghostly happenings and the paranormal and she goes to Hawkins Hollow to interview Cal about the happenings in the town. Once there she starts to experience vivid nightmares and sees the daemon in its "human" form. Layla, the second woman, is drawn to Hawkins Hollow by nasty vivid nightmares once there she also sees the daemon.

However, the third woman Cybil is the weak point for me in this first book, almost as if NR needed a third woman so stuck her in. Cybil is a friend of Quinn's and also a psychic. Quinn asks her to come to HH to help research the historical background of the happenings at the Hollow in the 1600's. However, Cybil does not have nightmare dreams etc., as far as I can remember, unless I missed that bit, and is not led to the town like Layla has been.

Of course, the three women each pair up with the three men, as in Key of Knowledge, and their individual 'powers' match.

It is an enjoyable book, if not entirely unique in concept i.e. the Key series and Three Sisters series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 7 Jun 2014
I started reading the 2nd book of this trilogy when it was given to me by my mom, it's not my usual type of read but after a few pages I knew I had to download "blood brothers" and read the 3 in order. I finished it in a day and am going straight onto "the hollow" once I've written this!
The characters are real in a down to earth way and the storyline had me gripped very early on, I think I may have found a new author to add to my favourites list!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read if you like romance, and a bit of paranormal, 5 Jun 2014
I love Nora Roberts books.
I read it a few years ago in paperback, and wanted it to read again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 25 April 2014
L. Mills (lancashire) - See all my reviews
This is only the second Nora Roberts I have read, if it had been the first I do not think i would ever have read one again. The first part of the book when they were kids was engagingly written but the rest of the book seemed to be padded out with lots of leaden dialogue that made the characters seem thick, the middle section was just boring and the "scary" bits not scary in the slightest. The ending was a total anticlimax. The first Nora Roberts I read was Red Lily - it passed the time over a dull Bank Holiday and at least had gardening tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nora never dissapoints, 13 Feb 2014
I normally read all three parts of a trilogy before I comment, read nearly all of Nora's work... I love the mix of magical and real words she manages to make very believable. This was a trilogy I didn't fancy reading and so have put off getting it for a year, choosing others from her ahead of this. I don't know what I waited for, its very different in feel and atmosphere than her normal work. Where in the past, each part of a trilogy has concentrated on two central people, this has a much more equal feel about it, and all six main people are in the mix from half way through this book, and I loved it. Just the right amount of "it could happen" to it. She hasn't developed the whole tale in the first part, and has left me wondering what they are going to do to beat the "evil"..... great, cant wait to get to bed to read more.... always a sign of a good book for me. - Just as a note, if you have not read any Nora Roberts before (where have you been) - I am an avid reader, and she NEVER disappoints - a bit like a good ROMCOM with Sandra Bullock or Meg Ryan it it.... you know you can settle down and forget all your worries. she is THAT good....

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOOD BROTHERS, 28 Nov 2013
Mystical and enthralling. Slightly disappointed with the ending, however I Intend to read the next book in the series hoping for similar read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy ..., 23 Nov 2013
This was the first book in the trilogy that I read, and I am half way through the second book, and I have to say that I have enjoyed it immensely. Just waiting to read the third book which I am sure will be just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Brothers, 1 Sep 2013
This is the first book of a Nora Roberts Trilogy , comprising of three couples , all drawn into the same town and to face the same demon , The story is well written and has a few twists and turns . I am not one who likes horror stories especially late at night , so This was enough for me as it keeps your interest turning the pages without scaring you whitless,and the characters keep you in the loop right up to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars deep, 20 July 2013
another great nora Roberts book, I have bought the trilogy, i'm now on the second part as couldn't wait to get on, blood brothers was great, deep, dark and fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood brothers, 20 Jun 2013
As you would expect from Nora Roberts. An excellent storyline that keeps you riveted to the story from begining to end. I thoroughly enjoyed it

Blood Brothers: Number 1 in series (Sign of Seven Trilogy)
Blood Brothers: Number 1 in series (Sign of Seven Trilogy) by Nora Roberts (Paperback - 6 Dec 2007)