on 12 September 2002
I much prefer this book to 'Lord of Fire' telling the story of Damien's twin, Lucien. I felt that this book stayed more true to Ms. Foley's style to which we were introduced in her first book - fast-paced, passionate, intense.
Damien, one of the twin Knight brothers is the classical tortured hero, just returned from a stint in the war against Napoleon. Hailed by his country as a great war hero, but hounded by horrific flashbacks from his time in the army he's convinced he's going insane (but clearly suffering from what we know as PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). He tries desperately to deny his growing feelings for his new ward, Miranda, who turns out to be the beacon of light in his nightmares of darkness. His anchor.
We, as readers, get to follow the tale of another Knight brother, written in Ms. Foley's wonderfully addictive style that ensnared me from the very beginning. This one's a true keeper. I can't wait to see who's next...
on 19 June 2006
This is another fun novel from Foley who is great at combining romance with adventure plots. It alsO has a great hero in Damien who's gloriously aloof when we first encounter him - a wonderfully tortured hero who on the surface appears quite cold but is haunted by his days as a soldier. He is forced to become guardian to the feisty 19-year-old Miranda and gets rather more than he bargained for...

LORD OF ICE is another fine blend of passion and suspense. This is a memorable tale about the power of love and redemption.
on 8 June 2009
This is a story that from begining till the end could not put down. The third in the series and they are all filled with adventure, romance and mystery.

The story is about a war hero(Damien Knight)and a orphane named Miranda, who Damien become her guardian. They both have rough times of late and as the story progresses they learn to help each other through the bad times. During which they fall in love while battling the evils at every turn.

There are twists and turns through out the book. Foley gives a great story and her Knight books are well worth the read! I would start with the first book The Duke before reading this and Lord of Fire so you get the family story from the beging
on 2 September 2007
loved it, couldnt put it down read it in a day. bit more risque than georgette heyer but still the great story telling, attention to historical detail and believable characters. great as a stand alone book but you can see where it fits in the with the knight series.
VINE VOICEon 12 January 2011
Having already attempted a novel by this Writer ('Lady Of Desire' - see my Review for that title) and previously been disappointed, I did say in that Review that it would not deter me from attempting another from this same Author - partly because I had already purchased it. However; it was a wise move, since this was far more readable indeed!

It does include the usual romance, but this I found somewhat more interesting, as there wasn't so much of the usual 'love/hate' scenario (at least not in that same vain) and there were several other sub-plots that darted off in different directions from the the main one which I liked from this perspective. This story was also a little less predictable than my preceding read. In view of this, I may go back to the other one day and give it another go. In the meantime; this was a good read; I finished this one and enjoyed it.

On a more critical note; I was unsure at times that some of the terms used and references to certain ways of living were in fact around back in Regency England, but then I am no historian - and the Author is an American and so there is a difference of cultures here which may be cause for complications. But as when we start to read a novel anyway, we know it is fiction after all, and so I guess such small inaccuracies can be excused.

A nice read!
on 19 November 2009
This story comes after Lord of Fire, both tell the tales of twin brothers. I much preferred this book to Lord of Fire. I finished the book within a few hours because it was unputdownable. I highly recommend it. It was fast paced and both the hero and heroine were lovable.
on 4 February 2002
I orderded this book and Lord of Fire at the same time. I'm sorry to say I was dissapointed in the both of them. I have all of Miss Foley's books, and loved them all. But in these two she seems to have changed her style a bit. The two main characters in both books don't get together until three quarters of the way through the book so you don't really feel their conection. It took me nearly a week to read each book(which is a life time to me). I won't be buying anymore on her name only.
on 17 September 2011
This was a purchase on behalf of my wife. She is perfectly happy with the book and the series it is from. It is a good read if you are a fan of this period.
on 9 November 2013
Bought for the wife she said she likes it so it must be OK if she's happy its a broweie point to me!
on 11 February 2015